Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

EffectsLooking for blender tutorials on how to make gas(nebulas-like stuff)

Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
Are there any specific nebula tutorials that you guys recommend for blender? I already found a bunch on youtube but I thought it would be a good idea to ask here incase there was a really good one I missed. I'm not talking about taking an image, using it as an image texture while turning it into an HDRI. I kinda already know how to do that. I'm talking about creating 3D models of nebulas based on Hubble Space Telescope photography. I'm hoping to be able to make a Blender version of something like the Horse Head Nebula and the Pillars of Creation.

I hope what I'm asking makes sense. Oh, and if anyone knows of any scifi shows or movies that actually use some of the real stuff discovered via Hubble Space telescope, please let me know! Here's a couple photos of the real life nebulas that I was referring to:

taorgpa6mntt.png

8n3r8cotgyrh.jpg

Post edited by Guerrilla on
scifieric
Tagged:

• count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    The concept you're after is called "volumetrics", specifically, "volumetric clouds". There's plenty of tutorials on youtube that'll describe the process for blender, just swap out sky for space and you're done, essentially.
    scifieric
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
    trekki wrote: »
    count23 wrote: »
    The concept you're after is called "volumetrics", specifically, "volumetric clouds". There's plenty of tutorials on youtube that'll describe the process for blender, just swap out sky for space and you're done, essentially.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been so focused on my current 3D modeling exercise I forgot to check on this thread I made. Thanks for the info! Now that I know the "correct vocabulary" (volumetric) that made my search results on the tutorials I'm looking for WAY more fruitful.

And thanks for telling me about that nebula generator.

I now have a whole list of nebula tutorials to explore saved to a file in my bookmarks for when I'm done with my current project! :)
    scifieric