Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpaceRider

gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
It's a long time since I last posted, I hope you like this design, inspired by old comics called Starblazer (not the cartoon)

Starhawk originated in The Crunch comic published by Scotland’s D.C. Thompson in the city of Dundee before transferring to another comic title better to known to my generation as Hotspur, and later appeared in Starblazer, Victor, Spike and (as ‘Young Starhawk’) Buddy, as well as three Hotspur annuals.
Heroes:
Sol Rynn, alias Starhawk, was a roving lawman who brought justice to the scattered worlds of the slowly disintegrating Terran Empire in the 26th century AD, along with his trusty robot sidekick, Droid. They rode in a ship called the Space Rider ^ and answered SOS calls sent out using special SOS cards of Rynn’s own design, how those cards get around I don’t know if it was ever explained.

also featured are some fighter designs I have called *W.A.S.P. Fighter and Dundee Battle Ships

*World Alliance Star Patrol. Fighter?

*Western Alliance Star Patrol. Fighter?

*Wide Area Strategic Protector. Fighter?

usputftcr5q3.jpg
wu72cas5ew5m.jpg
82wfh76z9ly5.jpg
8161996jxfxm.jpg

“You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
evil_genius_180StarCruiserrojrenscifiericLizzy777SCE2Auxwibblecaveat_imperatorpubliusrblendersnail

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Really nice work. I've never heard of this series, so I can't comment on accuracy, but those are some attractive looking and well modeled ships. Also, I really like the environment for that final render, that's really cool.
    gmd3dscifieric
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    Really nice work. I've never heard of this series, so I can't comment on accuracy, but those are some attractive looking and well modeled ships. Also, I really like the environment for that final render, that's really cool.

thanks, Chris, Starblazers was only sold in the UK and Ireland I think but had some great SciFi cover art. the environment was created by GrahamTG, who shares a lot of his scene art.

lxk203dyvwob.jpg
    This cover is by a super artist Ian Kennedy

StarCruiserevil_genius_180scifieric
    Yeah, that's some awesome artwork.
    gmd3d wrote: »
    thanks, Chris, Starblazers was only sold in the UK and Ireland I think but had some great SciFi cover art.

Yeah, unfortunately, we don't get a lot of UK comics over here. Judge Dredd is one of the very few that gets imported.
    scifiericgmd3d
    edited November 2022 #5
    There are many great characters in UK comics and from France/Belgium, loved reading them growing up in Ireland.
    we don't have any comic industry at all, if so so small I completely missed it.
    though Irish characters have made their way into UK comics like Sláine, an Irish hero created by Pat Mills, first appeared in 1983 in 2000AD which was epic

more views of the SpaceRider (not the most inspiring name for a ship, but inspired by the Millennium Falcon)
    a0powe4fx7rz.jpg
    Post edited by gmd3d on
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180wibblecaveat_imperatorpubliusr
    That's a really nice design and your model looks great.
    gmd3d
    That's a really nice design and your model looks great.

thanks, it was on my todo list for years. now I need to do some more renders with it
    evil_genius_180
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Outstanding
    gmd3d
    publiusr wrote: »
    Outstanding

Thanks publiusr.