Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalifornia Class from The Lower Decks

GestaltGestalt187 Posts: 166Member
This project is intended to present an interpretation of the California-class depicted on The Lower Decks.

My intent is to model it in a more realistic fashion, rather than as it is depicted on the show. In an interview, series showrunner Mike McMahan indicated that the California-class would have originated around season four or five for the TNG-era so that's where I'll try to draw inspiration.

I intend to take a few liberties while trying to remain true to the spirit of the design.

I'm quite rusty with Blender so I'm using this as an opportunity to brush up on all of the changes that have taken place since 2.7x. I'm just about done roughing in the design. Next, I will begin tweaking the details to allow for greater 'realism' in the design.

xhgrn7gfebba.png
27chdayyg65u.png
sbtdkqedubz4.png
j5t0wdwe5ip7.png
ashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmiralwibbleevil_genius_180MadKoiFishStarCruisersrspicer
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice… I like it. You’re off to an excellent start.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking good so far.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Good start. Which season model are you following? S2 seemed to have the most close ups for reference of the panelling and whatnot.
    BolianAdmiral
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • GestaltGestalt187 Posts: 166Member
    count23 wrote: »
    Good start. Which season model are you following? S2 seemed to have the most close ups for reference of the panelling and whatnot.
    Thanks!
    I'm using reference pics from all three seasons. I find that the new model they used for season 3 really upped the detail. It really lends a greater feeling of reality to the design.
    Now I'm assembling a board on PureRef with details used on Galaxy and Sovereign hulls to find inspiration to flesh out the design.

petrakisLizzy777