Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSCE2Aux' Scifi Work

124»

• Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    In fact you have inspired me to dust this old thing off...

21shjbu1cs7p.jpg
    evil_genius_180SCE2AuxStarCruiserWarp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleLizzy777
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    In fact you have inspired me to dust this old thing off...

21shjbu1cs7p.jpg
    That's one heck of an intricate model, and a great design! I'd love to see some other angles of the ship, it's definitely worth putting textures on and rendering it in some scenes.
    please do a 5 view ortho of both ships

Here are some diagrams for both ships:
    FbFOvCd.jpg

One last render with Mars as a backdrop:
    wCZIcF2.jpg

Finally, because I thought it was a bit of fun (if very low effort): When I rotated an earlier render to portrait, I thought it looked like a poster, so I slapped a title on the top of it haha
    QISlesv.jpg

evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperatortrekkiwibbleStarCruiserLizzy777srspicer
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    The poster shot looks like a freeze frame of what would be a great opening title sequence.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    edited October 2022 #95
    look for orthos the model not a blueprint
    Post edited by admiral horton on
    Getting back into the swing of ground based environments;
    kV5L7AA.jpg
    trekkipubliusrwibbleLizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorsrspicer
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    In terms of real-space systems, I was thinking that if two statite solar-sails were tethered to the ground such that their cables formed the letter X, the simple act of the solar sails tacking towards or away from each other means the intersection of the X can be raised or lowered…perhaps spinning up a windlass that looks a bit like this:
    http://toughsf.blogspot.com/2020/05/water-disk-rocket.html?m=1

That windlass has a third tether that points straight down between the “uprights” such that as the sails tack towards or away from each other, the windlass can pull an object into space with no rockets, or deposit said object on the surface. An asteroid passing between the two main cables could hit a net on the far side of the Sunlifter’s two cables…dragging a fourth cable hooked to a heavy payload into space perhaps.

Such a system would make for great space art at least—and might actually be doable.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Is any of that environment a photo or is it all rendered? Either way, it looks great.
    That shuttle looks lonely on that desolate surface. Great feel to that scene.
    Is any of that environment a photo or is it all rendered? Either way, it looks great.

Thanks, there's still a fair amount of stuff to do with this to make it work a bit better. It's all CGI, I created a crater displacement map:
    xODhAcZ.jpg

Then there are procedural displacement maps that plug into it.
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777
    Wasn't entirely happy with the first attempt at the planetside scene, here's the second pass:

z7lhsEA.jpg
    wibblerojrenevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorsrspicer
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks great.
    Shuttle doesn't look so lonely now. Maybe the second lander could be solely a tanker to get both back up into orbit out of some of the deeper gravity wells. Great work like this fires my imagination.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Fantastic!

And now I have this sudden urge to play a round of Surviving Mars.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    And now I have this sudden urge to play a round of Surviving Mars.
    I've never played that game, (not a big game player) however, for some reason I find that going on youtube and putting on a no-commentary Let's Play of Surviving Mars to be very relaxing - so long as there aren't any meteor strikes or food shortages!
    Lizzy777
    These are the last two images for this pre-Enterprise era project (it's been a long road, gettin' from there to here...)
    I got a bit burnt out towards the end, but I'm pretty happy with the collection of images produced. Looking forward to doing something different now!

DQRLatd.jpg
    pMNh1lv.jpg

Here's the gallery of final images:
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10001171/pre-enterprise-era-project-final-images#latest
    caveat_imperatorashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777wibbleevil_genius_180
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Here's a quick render for you. Alas, no time to model.vziyfe6hdq3r.jpg
    rojrenwibbleevil_genius_180caveat_imperatorStarCruiserSCE2AuxLizzy777
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh that's GORGEOUS!
    Here's a quick render for you. Alas, no time to model.vziyfe6hdq3r.jpg

Beautiful work!