Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

What is this? Should I be worried?

Got a question about an image that I rendered. I noticed this thing in the red circle. What is that? If it helps answer my question, I'm running Blender and I rendered this image in cycles. I'm rocking a 3090 and use SSDs for data storage, and as far as I know this is the only issue I've had so far.

I literally only have 5'ish months of experience 3-D modeling so I'm clueless on what's going on here. Thanks for any info/advice ya'all can give me about this. :)

4g19d7srf0hq.jpg
scifieric
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is a problem with modern render engines. We call them fireflies. They get worse as you use more light emitting materials. You usually just have to increase your render samples to make those go away.
    scifiericPaul Moechner
  • Paul MoechnerPaul Moechner541 Posts: 126Member
    edited October 2022 #3
    well, nevermind. I asked here cuz the guy who is tutoring me in blender wasn't available until about an hour ago. he just gave me a quick crash course on lighting/rendering. turns out that wasn't caused by lack of samples cuz my samples were already at 4k. it was lack of proper lighting.

as ya'all can see i still have a lot to learn about lighting, HDRI's, etc. but this is what I can do so far.

mc9r2bumikej.png

Post edited by Paul Moechner on
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    4K samples seems excessive, but I'm glad you figured it out. Lighting is indeed the key to many issues when it comes to CGI.
    Paul Moechnerscifiericblendersnail