Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGalaxy Class Redux

Hunter GHunter G1413 Posts: 483Member
edited September 17 in Work in Progress #1
It's that time again! Starting with the concept:
qKcsbUP.png

From here I'm blocking out the shapes, so I can ensure that the overall proportions are good. It won't match the concept completely, since I'll be tweaking and adjusting it to look good in 3D
94CAOKv.png
ynWLeN6.png

Post edited by Hunter G on
SCE2AuxStarCruiserashleytingerpubliusrtrekkiLizzy777wibbleBolianAdmiralsrspicerAel'sand 4 others.
Tagged:

• SCE2AuxSCE2Aux245 Posts: 54Member
    I already know I am going to love this. I really like both the Galaxy Class and your particular design style.
    Hunter G
  • publiusrpubliusr385 Posts: 1,534Member
    Can’t wait!
    Hunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1413 Posts: 483Member
    I'm excited for this one! Actually I'm being commissioned by someone who wants to in turn have a physical model of this design built. I'm curious what you anyone here thinks would be a good price to charge.

I don't want to gouge the customer, but I don't want to undersell my work. This will be at a very high level of detail, and it will take a large amount of hours.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777958 PNWPosts: 686Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    I'm excited for this one! Actually I'm being commissioned by someone who wants to in turn have a physical model of this design built. I'm curious what you anyone here thinks would be a good price to charge.

I don't want to gouge the customer, but I don't want to undersell my work. This will be at a very high level of detail, and it will take a large amount of hours.

I know full well the pain of underselling work. Early on I did a job that I should have charged AT LEAST 5x what I had considering how much work I needed to put into it.

Check online to see what the average rates are and adjust accordingly. Some sites say $30/hr, others average it out to $50/hr USD. Some make more, others less. Freelance targets range an average of $300/day. Again, some more, others less.

10 years ago I was charging $200 to $500 for small-scale, low- to medium-detail printables for hobbyists. However, there were several models that were lined up from one of my customers (14 in total) so the overall payment was much larger. Others just ordered one or two and called it a day.

Today I get paid a lot more per model for company work.

Also, realize that your skill is only one factor that someone would need to consider. Printing out the model can also bite into their budget. The larger the print, the more it'll cost.
    ashleytingercaveat_imperator
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral954 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,366Member
    Off to a wonderful start!
  • StarshipStarship357 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,904Member
    edited September 20 #7
    Great start!
    I´m anxiouslly waiting the development B)
    Post edited by Starship on
  • Ael'sAel's79 FrancePosts: 67Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    It's that time again! Starting with the concept:
    qKcsbUP.png

From here I'm blocking out the shapes, so I can ensure that the overall proportions are good. It won't match the concept completely, since I'll be tweaking and adjusting it to look good in 3D
    94CAOKv.png
    ynWLeN6.png

Ok, this is wild, can't wait to see more !
    JESpubliusr
    AW Fanon Wiki — — — DeviantArt — — — AW Discord (EN)
  • JESJES144 Posts: 89Member
    I've always like this one. Are you going for an AU, or Post-Dominion War model?
  • lennier1lennier1723 Posts: 1,227Member
    edited September 24 #10
    Not too keen on how the back section of the neck leaves the saucer (the way the hulls flow together was always one of my favorite parts of Probert's design), but I usually love your work, so I'll definitely follow this with interest.
    Post edited by lennier1 on