Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    edited August 2022 #152
    Switched to this guy, the "Colonial Plumbers" ship which also has very little ref except for a nice side view photo and a couple ok lower photos, nothing about that top really....its kinda obvious it's a bunch of car suspension, so might btale a bit of creative license...might be cool to generally fill up the gaps, but make a few busted away panels, like it fell off trying to escape the initial cylon attack

8fe6t0m0q2hf.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    wolfmanSCE2AuxashleytingerLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorpubliusrStarCruiserscifieric
    edited August 2022 #153
    Fiiiinally got back to texturing the Gemini Freighter, was nervous to unwrap it all, but I managed to make it work! Most of it is automatic, with the containers being more by hand...think it's looking great so far!
    8u2hqgbjfpo9.jpg
    x994vc0t8e2b.jpg
    45zt3zzujuec.jpg
    rojrenStarCruiserLizzy777ashleytingerwibblesrspicercaveat_imperatorMartocticvsStarriggerscifieric
    almost done i think...really loving it!

2zkkak51e6wq.jpg
    mvydmu5pmipq.jpg
    1nyxh5kvvhya.jpg
    75wwh9501qkv.jpg
    bvofa2muu56d.jpg
    rojrenLizzy777wibblesrspicerashleytingerStarCruisercaveat_imperatorpubliusrStarriggerBrandenbergand 2 others.
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    The texture/shader work is especially good on this one. How many more do you have to go before you've completed the fleet?
    scifieric
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    The texture/shader work is especially good on this one. How many more do you have to go before you've completed the fleet?

Thanks! In theory I have about 3 left to model, the Mineral Ship and the Inter Colony bus, and the Colonial Plumbers, all are in various stages of modeling, with the Plumbers being a bit over half done, just from sheer lack of ref, will just add some random crap onto it. I still have to texture the Stellar Mining ship and the Astral Queen, which I'm prepping now. Both are very straightforward, will probably just do some tri planar mapped hull. I'm planning on recreating some fleet shots so that's where I'm headed now in terms of what I need to do. The Mineral Ship (the 3 circles ship) is by far the most complex, but there is lots of good ref for it since it's pretty popular.
    When all that's done, I might make a shuttle, the agro ship, or even the Celestra (which is really a modified Stellar Mining ship). But for now to avoid totally burning out I'm just trying to complete what I need for my shots, which I think its getting pretty darn close!
    scifieric
    Sounds like you're fairly close to getting it all done - considering since this thread is only 9 months old you've got an enviable amount of work done. It's a great project, and I hope you have a lot of fun composing interesting images when you've got your fleet together!
    japetusscifieric
    And Colonial plumber ship basically done with modeling. Texturing is pretty basic on this one... started texturing the Astral Queen, hope to share soon, a bit tricky getting the dome right

abge2nv6uhcw.jpg
    co3zh45vqe7u.jpg
    SCE2Auxrojrencaveat_imperatorStarCruiserLizzy777wibbleStarriggerBrandenbergscifieric
    edited August 2022 #159
    A lot more texture work done today, still a bit of a WIP...

nc61wg3dm9pb.jpg
    xp23v4c9xjz6.jpg
    Lizzy777wibbleashleytingerrojrenStarCruiserSCE2Auxcaveat_imperatorStarriggerBrandenbergsrspicerand 2 others.
    edited September 2022 #160
    Been working on setting up some shots, a few are done and are available on my youtube channel, also trying to add a bit more interesting things going on than what was in the original shots, maybe some battling in the background, the originals were pretty basic...here's some renders of a few, still very WIP and still need to make the Mineral Ship, but had enough ships now where i could take a break from modeling for a bit...
    forums.scifi-meshesjyrda10az9xs.png
    zjmmbfondsie.png
    6kahuve5liaw.png
    99xj47u0vrt8.png

rojrenStarCruiserLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68ashleytingerwibblesrspicercaveat_imperatorSCE2Auxscifiericand 1 other.
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser363 Posts: 44Member
    Hmmm...CGI remastered Battlestar Galactica?
    scifieric
    Been slowly plugging away on probably the last ship I'll be doing for a while...

a0vv7duqwvl9.jpg
    StarCruiserLizzy777wibblesrspicercaveat_imperatorSCE2AuxJayruscifieric
    That last ship has some very Space: 1999 Eagle vibes to the landing legs, as well as the ones on the Nostromo. Interesting that the models were all built within about four years of each other. I miss this kind of rugged look to most modern scifi!

Keep going, can't wait to see where you take this!
    japetusscifieric
    Feeling less intimidated about this ship now. The engine area repeats many greebles I've already made now that I'm looking at it! Got most of the top done yesterday. 709mrizonrdm.jpg
    SCE2AuxStarCruiserLizzy777srspicercaveat_imperatorwibbleStarriggerscifieric
    Trying to keep motivation up to do the engine area...this top section is almost done now!! Just needs a bit more detail in some of the greebles. Very tiring!

sggx268tsq9c.jpg
    8h3xu19ii31w.png
    StarCruisersrspicerSCE2AuxLizzy777caveat_imperatorwibbleStarriggerscifieric
    The slog will be all worth it when you've got a finished fleet of fantastic BSG spaceships!
    scifieric
    Getting very close! Definitely taking a break on it over the weekend to get my energy back!

zautfoh2rkpy.jpg
    9427bcz4u7iw.jpg
    b7738uwrs6g4.jpg
    rojrenLizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperatorStarriggerwibbleStarshipsrspicerscifieric
    Still finding greebles to make...mostly working on the long rods on the underside now....will just have to make up a few things here and there to finish it up :-Dhigjdq5ft63j.jpg
    7v8eu7l593o5.jpg
    v0juyb0abfxb.jpg
    b4208qgrtnf9.jpg
    caveat_imperatorrojrenStarriggerLizzy777wibbleashleytingerStarCruiserwolfmansrspicerscifieric
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    You actually have these models at your place, don't you? Awesome job!
    scifieric
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    edited September 2022 #170
    Pretty much done with the underside...a test of a few frames of the shot i'm doing

icqv49gt52ct.jpg
    74k9h42tl7vf.jpg
    ldd8i6k9aepu.jpg
    StarCruiserLizzy777rojrencaveat_imperatorwibbleStarriggerwolfmansrspicerscifiericLeoBerlin
    Ok FINALLY got my shots together into a long video enough to share, lots of little things to tweak, making another ship or 2 to break up some of the repetitiion (although it's mostly the same ships in the shots in the real show). Still lots to do..enjoy!

caveat_imperatorStarCruiserLizzy777StarriggerwibblewolfmanPreVizrojrensrspicerscifieric
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Awesome!!!
    scifieric
    This ship is pretty much done now too...and that pretty much completes all the unique colonial fleet ships scene in the show! Weird how its suddenly kind of wrapped up like that. There are however a few like the Celestra which is a modified Stellar Mining ship. And the Agro Ship which is taken completely from Silent Running. Need to look closer at those. Maybe can do a quick mod and a low poly version to fill out the fleet, I dunno! Then again....always the Galactica to make. ;)

7132hbavglcw.jpg
    vyf21ekbzj6j.jpg
    48r589o3xizi.jpg
    rojrenLizzy777StarCruiserwibblecaveat_imperatorsrspicerscifieric
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    The front end has a Galactica Shuttle feel.
    scifieric
    Got it done today! Now to update a few shots...give my modeling hands a rest!

37kntaf9csey.jpg
    oatbl4g7dfe7.jpg
    42syfd3qmalr.jpg
    rojrentrekkiLizzy777StarCruiserwibblepubliusrsrspicerscifiericLeoBerlin
  • Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    japetus wrote: »
    Pretty much done with the underside...a test of a few frames of the shot i'm doing

icqv49gt52ct.jpg
    74k9h42tl7vf.jpg
    ldd8i6k9aepu.jpg

I promised Gurellia

icqv49gt52ct.jpg
    74k9h42tl7vf.jpg
    ldd8i6k9aepu.jpg

I promised Guerrilla....that I would never post anything in this thread again....But I had to say something....THAT...is really really good work mate...really good.
    StarCruiserscifieric
    Alan E wrote: »

icqv49gt52ct.jpg
    74k9h42tl7vf.jpg
    ldd8i6k9aepu.jpg

I promised Gurellia

icqv49gt52ct.jpg
    74k9h42tl7vf.jpg
    ldd8i6k9aepu.jpg

I promised Guerrilla....that I would never post anything in this thread again....But I had to say something....THAT...is really really good work mate...really good.

Thanks! I was drooling over the Galactica in your thread and the other Battlestars too
    scifieric
    Don't let a Battlestar hold you back. It's like any other model you have built...
    japetusscifieric
    I'm happy to teach you in bulding one. Extremely difficult to do so....but it's all in the planing.

scifieric
    Alan E wrote: »
    I'm happy to teach you in bulding one. Extremely difficult to do so....but it's all in the planing.

I think I'm good, thanks. got a lot of reference of the model and overall dimensions.
    scifieric
    That wont help you...trust me.