Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Auzris Project

124»

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Taken a little break and thought i'd try designing a future version of the Auzris.. :D

g579fmxt0xhn.jpg
    JES
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    My first thought at seeing those basic shapes was a start on an Arwing from StarFox.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Spent a little time on this last night.. a couple of steps back.. as is my usual way.. but sorted out some edge loops and flows to help with the surface curves and to help when i come to adding the pannels... I've fixed the underside of the primary hull now so its connected to the secondary.. will need to think of detailing there.. also added an area at the back for the aft torpedo launchers and probably some sensor palettes..

4qlbzhtrinun.jpg

dkhq5jwhax7p.jpg

I've not found a design for the warp grills that works for me yet, so I'll work on this are next...

rojrenashleytingerMadKoiFishLizzy777FreakBrandenbergcaveat_imperatorwibble
    edited May 2021 #95
    Well it's been a while, but I've spent a couple of hours tonight re working the detail on the dorsal area around the torpedo launchers.. Sculpted the recess areas on the the main hull.. also added another dip at the top where the bridge dome is going to be..

xsuzjgx24xxk.jpg
    28l8do6az1yi.jpg

Post edited by markmassey on
    ashleytingerrojrenLizzy777wolfmanomnipotentMcCBrandenbergcaveat_imperatorwibble
    Another post another "its been a while"

But had some time yesterday so i decided to spend an hour or two working some detail onto this ship.. I've cut out the main panels for top of the primary hull, added the secondary deflector which i was avoiding for so long... and added the warp engines ive got a block in place for a casing for the buzzard collector, that's my next job... Hopefully wont be months until my next update.. feels like ive made some progress finally..

ukazkl49c8x0.jpg

w1v2j01k5m2t.jpg

xiaorobearrojrenLizzy777McCBrandenbergcaveat_imperatorwibble
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I just love the aft.
    I say that to my wife all the time... lol
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    just great stuff!
    cheers guys, I've Worked on the nacelles over the weekend.. added some panels and the buzzard collectors..

qu4zf44okv1k.jpg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryMcCLizzy777Brandenbergwibble
    I like the auzris concept a lot. it seems, that you use the warp flight concept of the klingon bird of prey instead of the nacelles concept. hoped a long time, that someone will use and develop the BoP concept. you did it, congrat!
    I like the auzris concept a lot. it seems, that you use the warp flight concept of the klingon bird of prey instead of the nacelles concept. hoped a long time, that someone will use and develop the BoP concept. you did it, congrat!

Thanks man, how do you mean the klingon bird of prey concept??? Happy to have stumbled onto it for you either way :)

I've had some time to work on this.. done my usual thing of going back a few steps but i've re shaped the hull a little and re done the panneling.. added a few details in to convince myself that it's getting there...

6bzjhisc0u4v.jpg

qesomfgntwmb.jpg

c90tkaqkpl2t.jpg

rojrenBrandenbergLizzy777Soul ScreamAel'scaveat_imperatorStarshipwibble
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Man, that's nice!
    markmassey wrote: »
    Thanks man, how do you mean the klingon bird of prey concept??? Happy to have stumbled onto it for you either way :)

the klingon bird of prey don't use nacelles with oval coils for the warp flight. instead they use a system of warp energizing plates in the wing. that could be an alternative for the auzris as well.
    for more informations i've attached a scan of the BoP owners' workshop manual from rick sternbach and ben robinson. hop, that helps.fdm5aug4u3y1.jpg
    Ahh thanks man thats interesting for sure...
    83ja3i1u232x.png
    cetn9e7dyywp.png
    5tbz1pe65rde.png

As Usual i start by saying had some spare time!!!!! But worked a little on this ship over the weekend so just thought i'd drop some updates here.... she's getting there.... slowly haha..

ashleytingerrojrenRekkertLizzy777StarCruiserAel'scaveat_imperatorwibbleStarshipsrspicer
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    After a certain point in any mesh, when you start adding little details it feels like it's dragging.

It looks great!
    it's always a pleasure to see updates of this ship.
    possible, to have some orthos one day?
    thanks guys...

unfortunately this ship has been dragging since day one haha..

I'll definitely include some orthos in my next update..
    thanks guys...

coool.....

• SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    thanks guys...

unfortunately this ship has been dragging since day one haha..

Some projects just inexplicably end up that way, don't they? "Oh this'll be a quick one to model, won't take more than a couple of weeks..." six months later; well, it's half done, at least! =)

I'm looking forward to the orthos on this rather lovely and advanced looking starship.
    Looking at filling in the rather neglected underside of the ship... added a couple of Docking hatches on the sides of the secondary hull... and added some cargo bays on the upper sections of the ship.... Progress which is a good thing.. Hopefully i'll get time to sit and learn how to use Arnold properly at some point...

pj2qgd6mt40x.jpg
    pct3cer1zhzf.jpg
    qonslgcb69fv.jpg
    rylrjsgwm52y.jpg
    a2vp6c3cl6xo.jpg

SCE2AuxashleytingerwibblerojrenStarCruiserRekkertsrspicercool65Mustang13Camaro68Ael'sand 2 others.
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Gorgeous modelling, thanks for sharing these!
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    This is a really beautiful ship. I like it more and more with every post.
    ten thousand thnx for this orthos, markmassey! gorgous work.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    please do the orthos again when u have completed the ship, looking good
  • MikkiKashiwagiMikkiKashiwagi355 StuttgartPosts: 125Member
    Great Design.. please more of this art for ''future ships''