Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Oooohh… the bussards look a lot better!
    publiusr
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Yeah, just had a white lum in there to adjust the dome bit and never went back in. Added some of the detail to the collector housing too. But that isnt that clear in the render.

emissary-0609.jpg
    Rory1707Ael'sBolianAdmiralSoul ScreamStarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorxiaorobear
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Niiice… the whole bottom section is looking great. I like the number of lifeboats you have there, and I’m really liking the pattern of that teal section of the forward bottom.
  • GidiotGidiot30 Posts: 9Member
    Looking Awesome Madkoifish!
    smallish update
    emissary-0613.jpg
    emissary-0614.jpg
    Lizzy777Rory1707Ael'sBolianAdmiralcaveat_imperatorStarCruiserRekkertsrspicerxiaorobear
    That looks great… I still can’t get over how much more the ramscoops ‘pop’ now…
    lennier1
    Some older renders of the bussard innards. Fairly simple as the important bit is the glowing bulb thing in the end.
    emissary-0620.jpg

emissary-0621.jpg
    BolianAdmiralRory1707Lizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorylennier1Ael'scaveat_imperatorseanrStarCruiserRekkertand 3 others.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    The bussards really do give it a kick.
    BolianAdmiral
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Fantastic work as always.
    BolianAdmiral
    I wanted to politely ask if there are any updates, but was terrified of necroposting… please Mod, don’t close this thread!
    LoopholeAdcrossFULCRUM
    Sorry not anything huge as of yet mostly small things when I have worked on this. Had some down time to deal with other things and been struggling with motivation in the creative department since. I have some time planned for this to get some larger changes done (stuff you can see) I just felt I was posting too much small incremental crap than anything of substance. Just been a hour here hour there sort of thing. That and well I have been a bit lazy, pass out on couch instead of modeling in my free time.
    GestaltBolianAdmiralLizzy777Hunter G
    Beginnings of the greeble pit. Modeling to try to make it clear that door need clearance to roll aftwards.
    emissary-0624.jpg
    Ael'sLizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralHunter GwibbleBillynom8StarCruiserVALKYRIE013LeoBerlinand 1 other.
    Sweet greebles… thank you for the update!
    Close up of the roundy bits and where I left off on the greebs.

emissary-0629.jpg

emissary-0630.jpg

emissary-0631.jpg
    ashleytingerRory1707Hunter GBolianAdmiralAel'swibbleLizzy777StarCruisersrspicerBillynom8and 2 others.
    some more greebs.

emissary-0635.jpg

emissary-0636.jpg
    ashleytingerRekkertStarCruiserAel'sRory1707wibbleBolianAdmiralLizzy777srspicerBillynom8and 3 others.
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    Where is the forward proton torpedoes?
    cool65 wrote: »
    Where is the forward proton torpedoes?

They’re here. They’re Excelsior-style, meaning the launch tubes are nested within that concave alcove.

3p5ghyezpv3v.png

wibbleLeoBerlin
    edited July 2022 #2659
    heh apparently I forgot to post this stuff. . . . . .I suppose seeing posts since I worked on this it answers the question in a odd way. lol

Time to let the greebs cool off a bit, so on to the bits I been putting off. . . . .
    Not a massive visual update but mosty planing or mapping out the panel lines.

emissary-0638.jpg
    emissary-0639.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777BolianAdmiralwibbleAtolmBillynom8
    Forgot the airlock detail, would my default be alright or do you want a more VOY simple detail?

KIM render just shows the hatch no rectangular inset etc.

emissary-0640.jpg
    Lizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralAtolmStarCruiser
    Oooohhh… that looks nice. Regarding the airlock… your hatch looks fine, but I’m thinking since this ship already has a lot of greebles, there’s no harm in continuing that with the rectangular inset areas… make them like the ones on Voyager… unless it doesn’t work well in your opinion.

xc3pail1a5gr.jpeg
    how the lock looks in a inset. I have the ring square to the world vs hull. as the hull is tapering at this stage. Need to readjust the lighting.

emissary-0641.jpg

heh strange I do not remember that fwd port having all that junk in it lol.
    BolianAdmiralRory1707wibbleAtolmLizzy777StarCruiserBillynom8
    Lol, yeah… makes me wish they could do an HD release of Voyager. That looks good… I like how the rectangular area looks.
    Unfortunately I think by then it was all video. Even with HD being hinted at no one bothered thinking of the future. It is like those letterboxed bab5 eps, sure thinking of the format aspec is one thing but working with lower vertical pixel depth nah not so much. Id think maybe a redo of the sfx to maybe 1080p with a soso 720p upscale with filtering for video maybe as all sfx for those shows were for some reason hardcoded interlaced. Even the Netflix releases of these you can see decimation and interlacing in the sfx shots. Pretty much the only way to fix them is to interleave every frame making those sfx shots 240p. This applies to most of ds9. I think ds9 is more inline with getting a transfer as most if seemed to be shot on film. It is really rainbowy and soft which for some reason happened to a lot of stuff shot in the 90s on film then transferred to tape. Voyager seemed sharper and as a result holds up on dvd much better than TNG or DS9 ever did.

It is like some old anime some were soft as hell and really bad looking on a modern lcd tv even crappy 720p sets. While others were much cleaner. Enter recapturing film negitives to 2k or 4k and those meh anime are suddenly crisp and sharp enough the cels look like a cel does in front of you shadows and all from the paint thickness on the backside of the cel. Drabacks you cna really tell when someone was not being anal about focus of the camera on the booth or when a studio swapped in some slightly old or cheap film.

Then again there are some re-transfers done at 480p that just get a upscale. Then that period on 2000~2014ish where anime was shot and digital for 480p and often like those trek sfx hardcoded in interlace. EG there is no pull down or way to reconstruct a true 480p image. I really do not get interlace in anything in a digital package as it just increases the bitload. Just like in digital photos more grain = larger image for a given rez as it is more detail data carried per frame. So interlacing a simple flat set of colors moving on a background just doubles or triples the amount of bits needed and in the end creates more marcoblocks flipped bits (increasingly larger pixels that are mirrored (old mpeg2 bug)) and in the end degrades the image.

Reminds me of all the archiving of film to digital they used the lowest bitrate and crappiest settings and tossed the film. SO now we see documentaries with this really shit youtube from 2012 look to all archived footage in 2k and 4k programmes. Mke things worse idiots add all sorts of stupid to the footage to make it even worse looking fake grain, fake interlacing lines, grime dirt etc. UGHH lol drives me nuts.
    BolianAdmiralAtolm
    OK tried tossing in some greebs flanking the docking clamps. Dunno. . but it will all sorta muddy away at full ship renders, even if rendered out at 4 or 8k. A lot of pointless chamfers too but eh.
    emissary-0645.jpg

ashleytingerwibbleBolianAdmiralRory1707AtolmLizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperatorBillynom8
    Full ship render to show what I mean, lol.
    emissary-0646.jpg
    ashleytingerwibbleBolianAdmiralRory1707AtolmLizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperator
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Absolutely beautiful modelling. I'm new to this forum, and have been looking through the previous pages on this thread and I think your TOS era ships and stations are top notch.
    I got some small feedback from Atolm, who said that the forward torpedo launchers themselves should be a bit deeper inside that concave alcove. I love how the airlock and surrounding greebles are looking!
    edited July 2022 #2669
    Ah yeah I pushed em in after posting that render showing them but never rendered it out. I did not like how the housing was visible from a side or oblique view. Ill render out a shot of it in a few.

>>SCE2Aux, welcome to the forum and thanks for the compliment. Hope at some point ot get back to converting assets over. Just been taking some extended breaks from modeling. (getting swallowed by streaming and gaming)

MMm I gotta replace these polia switches, as much as I like the tactile too many double signal. Clearly the sale was on to get rid of them. lol.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    BolianAdmiral
    here yah go
    emissary-0647.jpg
    emissary-0648.jpg

Could pull em further back but still wanted stuff to be seen as bits in the tube vs a dark hole.
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralStarCruisercaveat_imperatorsrspicerashleytingerAtolmwibbleAel's
    That looks great, thanks. 🙂