Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Love to see an updated Voyager bridge
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Oh, man, I absolutely LOVE that Voyager style…
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    This is a great idea, and your off to a good start. Can't wait to see this develop.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Did another pass at the table, I simplified the shape and ended up with a more usable design IMO. Not to mention it was way too big before, now it's smaller in every axis so the room becomes more walkable.

I also added a step to the door going to the bridge, while the door to the ready room is on the same level as the table. This is mostly to set the groundwork for the ready room set, as I'm planning a more interesting layout regarding its elevation that I need to replicate here given the two rooms will be connected. Plus work started on the main screen wall, which will have some geometric wall panels at each side similar to those from the late TNG observation lounge.

I'll probably remove the big replicator from the wall, I wanted to have it there to mirror where it'll be on the ready room, but I don't like how much it dominates this set right now, a smaller replicator in one of the angled walls (like both the TNG and VOY conference rooms had) will be more fitting.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-05.jpg?1654648606
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-06.jpg?1654648600
    BolianAdmiralStarCruiserWarp Propulsion LaboratoryRory1707Ael'sDoctorShmullusLizzy777caveat_imperatorPreViz
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Excellent. I agree on the big replicator… maybe a small one, but with buttons, like on the 1701-E bridge, that way it has a small form factor, yet allows the buttons to add a touch of color to the wall?
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Current location of the replicator, would probably benefit by having a smaller display screen instead, with the main screen being on the big wall between the doors. In keeping with what was shown in early TNG, will this table have built-in holo projection capability? Loved that feature in TNG, but didn't really appear again in later episodes/shows.
    Rekkert
    @BolianAdmiral: I intend to have an smaller replicator than that, but still with lit LCARS as like you said, they add a bit of color and life to the walls.

@darkthunder: No plans on it having a visible holo-projector thingy.

Last week I caught a nasty throat bug (it's getting cold over here) so not much got done since the last update until today. Had a lot of time to think how to handle the room while I was feverish at least haha.
    I further revised the table and I think I'll consider it finished now. I added the central screen (a reuse of the TNG lounge screen) and more details to the wall around it. Below the windows I added lights similar to those on the bridge, to try and tie the rooms together a bit more. Also, I added the windows back lol.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-05.jpg?1655184432
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-06.jpg?1655184425
    Lizzy777DoctorShmullusrojrenashleytingerwibbleAel'sBolianAdmiralRory1707StarCruisercaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
    edited June 2022 #3519
    Really like this one fella. Simple in its layout, yet so suited to it's intended purpose. Is this Ready Room access and Bridge access? Or do you see a connecting corridor in here somewhere also?
    Post edited by richiewilch on
    Rekkert
    @richiewilch: The starboard door goes directly to the ready room, while the other one leads to the bridge through a short corridor. I haven't measured the remaining space on deck 1, there might be space left to add an additional room connected through that corridor, maybe a toilet or simply an extra turbolift.

So, I finally bit the bullet and modeled the Ent-E observation lounge chairs (HÅG Signét 8400). @Donny helped me out with this one by providing some references of his own model, though I didn't went full-on with the realistic details such as screws and all that, I tend to imagine these as futuristic versions with no need for such 20th century details. :p I might tweak them a bit more (Blender's cloth sculpting is just too fun, I go back and forth between adding too many wrinkles and not enough hahaha) but overall I'm happy with how they turned out.

Other than that, I've added a few more details to the walls and light sconces. Plus as you can see both the chairs and the fabric edges of the screen are now a nice dark pink color, I wanted to expand the colors I've used on the Appalachia bridge, and I think this works quite well.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-11.jpg?1655796782
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-12.jpg?1655796774
    Rory1707ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralLizzy777DoctorShmulluscaveat_imperatorStarCruiserAel'sLeoBerlinand 3 others.
    That’s beautiful.
    Rekkert
    I do like the look of these new chairs, but I must admit, the Ent-D ones in the darker colours was pretty cool.
    Rekkert
    edited June 2022 #3523
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks!

@richiewilch: Oh yeah I liked how those looked as well, but I wanted both to add a bit more color and to keep the Appalachia consistent in using the Enterprise-E chairs. :)

Didn't have much time to work on this, but I managed to add some further details. The table now has the LCARS controls at the Captain's place; I added a darker element to the carpeting under the table; added a plant for some more color; and added some decorative elements to the side walls at each side of the screen.

I did do some tests with more Voyager-esque ideas for these walls, as well as some padded elements using the same fabric as the chairs to add even more color rather than grey on grey, but in the end the first idea I had won out. I wanted to add a very TNG element, as I don't want the Voyager aesthetic to overwhelm the room. This ship is meant as a mix of styles after all, unlike say the USS Budapest which I do keep very much in the Voyager style only (except for the chairs, I hate the Voy chairs). :lol:

On the screen I'm planning to do an LCARS graphic with views of the ship, very similar to what the TNG observation lounge had in later seasons.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-14.jpg?1655884615
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Rory1707DoctorShmulluswibbledarkthunderLizzy777StarCruiserBolianAdmiralashleytingerPreViz
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    i think i've said it before on here but i really miss this design aesthetic in star trek..

Great work as usual :)
    RekkertPreViz
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Absolutely beautiful my friend! Great job as usual ! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Yeah, I think having the LCARS lit will give the interior the splash of colour it needs.
    Rekkert
    Beautiful, but is it my imagination, or does the one door and the plant look like they’re floating, lol.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @BolianAdmiral - no. It just seems that way because the bulkhead and the deck are similarly colored.
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    @markmassey: Thanks! You and me both, though I'm liking the aesthetics of SNW!.

@Rory1707: Thanks mate!

@BlueNeumann: Indeed, I'm counting on it :lol:

Mmm, I hadn't noticed that @BolianAdmiral, but @Rusty0918 is right, it's down to the colors matching a bit too much between the bulkhead and the deck, I might have to tweak the lighting a bit to compensate.

After looking at some vertical wall decorations online that I felt would fit the style (thanks Pinterest lol), I created a piece out of metal elements to hang on one of the walls, which I then colored in order to make a bit more interesting.

I've also placed a small replicator next to it, though I haven't added the LCARS to it yet. Honestly I'm not sure I like it or the placement, I might eliminate the replicator entirely from this room. Thoughts?

Also, I moved the two doors a bit towards the inner wall of the room (so, in the render below, the door is more to the left than it was before). This was in order to add more space for the decorations on one side, rather than having the doors centered on their walls as was the case on TNG.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-17.jpg?1656117911
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-18.jpg?1656117901
    Ael'sStarCruiserRory1707BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777raztovcaveat_imperatorand 3 others.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I don't know about a replicator in that spot, but it would be good as a random LCARS panel. The sculpture is gorgeous.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    edited June 2022 #3531
    Looks great! I think the replicator looks good there, out of the way and seems to be its natural spot.

Is this room about half the size of the conference room on the Enterprise-D or is it larger?
    Post edited by JMP11 on
    Rekkert
    @Warp Propulsion Laboratory: Thanks, glad you like the sculpture!

@JMP11: Thanks! It's pretty much exactly half the TNG lounge:
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2022-06-27-02-38-55.jpg?1656308841

I started work on the main display. Still very early, some of the LCARS elements are just stretched to fit into the panel rather than properly fitting, I need to do further passes on it, but the main idea is there.

Had a somewhat crazy idea on Saturday, but I think it works: In an attempt to add some further surfaces and depth to the room, I did a test to add one of the bridge's alcoves replacing the entrance door from the bridge. This somewhat solves the problem of where to place the replicator, as a larger unit can now replace one of the alcoves doors, plus it adds some more color from the alert status indicator panel and the light purple wall fabrics. Thoughts?

tadeo-d-oria-c0-19.jpg?1656308866
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-20.jpg?1656308861
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-21.jpg?1656308852
    Rory1707Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryDoctorShmullusdarkthunderSpynetwibbleBolianAdmiralStarCruiserraztovand 2 others.
    edited June 2022 #3533
    Oh, that alcove is great. And I can totally picture ways it could be used. That feels like the main entrance, while the other door feels like... who knows where that goes, but now I would know how to get in and out of the room. And I love that TNG meets Voyager flavor going on there.

Oh, I'm an idiot, the other door could go to the ready room. Or to a corridor like the one that was apparently behind the Voyager bridge but we never went in.
    Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    +1 on the alcove being a great idea. It relieves the claustrophobia and adds visual interest.
    darkthunderRekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Another vote in favor of the added alcove.

Had another thought to add some visually interesting objects to the scene: A small, lit inset wall-shelf below the Main Computer display, perhaps for ship models of past ships of the same name? Alternatively, replacing the wall panels you currently have on the sides of the display, for ship-model display cases.

Dunno if this might clutter things too much, but would look nice 😁
    DoctorShmullusRekkert
    Love the alcove addition, works really well I think. Like BlueNeumann, it adds a true entry way feel to it. Feels a little bit like how Voyagers briefing room had the corridor off to one side of it. Perhaps you could mirror this when you tackle the Ream Room as well?
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    Good work with the Appalachia observation lounge so far! It’s looking really good, especially after adding the alcove. It gave the room just the depth it needed.
    Rekkert
    Glad you all liked the alcove!

@BlueNeumann: Yes, that's the main door, while the other one goes straight to the Captain's ready room. :)

@darkthunder: I did a few tests to add stuff in there, but honestly the bit of empty space doesn't bother me, it fits in with the TNG+Voy style of the walls, and it draws attention to the screen, which is where the people being briefed should be looking at anyway. ;) As for the ship models, I really don't like how that became the default, it fits on some ships but not as something to do ALWAYS. Both other briefing rooms I've done so far (USS Potemkin and USS Victory) have past ships with those names displayed, I wanted to add some variation here.

I lowered the replicator a bit, to have it at a similar height as on other sets with that particular model. It's still a bit higher than usual, but I really don't want to cut into the piece of fabric under it for just for a few centimeters, it would look worse.

I also added some of the rectangular patterns from the bridge (originally from DS9's USS Odyssey bridge) on the side walls below the light sconces, as that wall was a bit too empty for my taste and I didn't want to incorporate yet another pattern from Voyager into this set.

And I've finished the LCARS for the main display, adding some more details to the ship views and some metallic elements. I think I'm ready to call this room done, I could add more stuff but I really don't want to overdo it and fill every square centimeter with details, that really wasn't a thing until the Enterprise-E sets so it wouldn't fit here.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-22.jpg?1656366680
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-23.jpg?1656371716
    darkthunderWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralStarCruiserashleytingerRory1707DoctorShmulluswibblecaveat_imperatorPreViz
    Beautiful work! Kinda late to the game, but I also love the alcove… I think it looks great.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    edited June 2022 #3540
    I think you’ve done an outstanding job to this conference lounge. It works very well with the Appalachia’s overall look for the ship’s interiors! 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Rekkert
    edited June 2022 #3541
    Oh yeah, under that light could be hidden compartments, probably just access panels for bioneural gel packs or supply pipes or what have you. But I can imagine in an alternate universe or on the holodeck, it slides open and there's a minibar inside ^_^

Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    Rekkert