Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Beautifully done... Loved the series as a child (yep, am that old, lol). Really doing the fleet proud :-)
    japetusscifieric
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Ok I think this guy is pretty much done... large usage of UDIMs on this one. Textured in Substance Painter. Only 9 materials but 77 maps...PBR style

yhzhfh2c307w.jpg
    q9q0y9nafyma.jpg
    m9f6znhz3vhf.jpg
    w9u0q0hdlj7p.jpg
    47vd8zizapy4.jpg
    JayrurojrenStarCruiserLizzy777MadKoiFishwibblecaveat_imperatorLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerand 2 others.
    edited April 2022 #94
    Ok finally went back and textured this guy too....nothing too complex on him...now all my ships I've done so far are to the same level!

6phuitfkzd7d.jpg
    ikbfc5vhlgds.jpg
    gh2c56ag10nr.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    xiaorobearJayruwibbleLizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperatorLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerwolfman
    Retextured this guy today too...he was already out of date with my latest workflow lol. Now he's 1 material and some UDIM's, textured in Painter!

45l9k6fkkv87.jpg
    cessjucajkdz.jpg
    JayruwibbleLizzy777StarCruisercaveat_imperatorLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerwolfman
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Wonderful and beautiful work. All of these are amazing!
    scifieric
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
    edited May 2022 #97
    Been taking a break from modeling and tried my hand at recreating a shot from the intro.....hope to do more..

And another one started.... 😁

e41cm2o9b94i.png
    StarCruiserLizzy777EddieLcaveat_imperatorwibbleLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerwolfman
    edited May 2022 #98
    Finished that flyby.....now probably back to making ships again :-D
    ashleytingerStarCruiserwibbleLizzy777JayruxiaorobearLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerStarriggerand 1 other.
    Been busy buy slowly working on the Gemini next! That back end is pretty weird and boxy! Hope to have some images soon....
    scifieric
    Finally got most of the greebes on the back end done! Phew! A lot of tricky tricky shapes! 2pwirs9ejapi.jpg
    JayruashleytingerStarCruiserwibblecaveat_imperatorscifiericsrspicer
  • Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    Stop messing with the kid stuff......if you want to play with the Big Boys....build a fully functional battlestar.... ;)
    StarCruiserscifieric
    Alan E wrote: »
    Stop messing with the kid stuff......if you want to play with the Big Boys....build a fully functional battlestar.... ;)

If you have any constructive criticism, I'll gladly take it. Right now you're just sorta being a troll. ;) One day I'll take on making a Battlestar. But that's not my goal at the moment!
    I tried constructive criticism, but I got flamed. You have a problem with your textures...
    I tried constructive criticism, but I got flamed. You have a problem with your textures...

Sorry you'll have to repeat your constructive criticism. I must have missed it.
    japetus wrote: »

Sorry you'll have to repeat your constructive criticism. I must have missed it.

Obviously too scared and frightened by the Big boys.... Keep playing with your dolls....

Japetus.....just add some specular highlight maps, and a metal map to make your panels bounce and pop. all your renders are flat....
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Alan,

I'm having a hard time imagining anything you posted could even accidentally be read as constructive.

I'm sure we all should know who you are and all the impressive things you've done, but we don't. You haven't really made any particular splash in the community, so to most people here you're just some random dude asking for models in a really sketchy way and then acting kinda shitty about it, when you didn't get your way.

So, I'd like you to stop posting in this thread now. You've made your bid and it was declined very politely, so we'll have no more of this. It's up to you whether it's because you decided to be cool and move on or because I made the decision for you.

And to answer the inevitable What? You gonna ban me just for being honest and offering to help?: No. It'll probably be for acting smug and like we owe you something as community without making an effort to be a part of it, and it would be like you were never even here. Up to you.
    RekkertjapetusLizzy777StarCruiserscifieric
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Even though the reboot was better in almost every way, I prefer almost everything about the original. Your work reminds me of happier times.
    japetusStarCruiserscifieric
    rojren wrote: »
    Even though the reboot was better in almost every way, I prefer almost everything about the original. Your work reminds me of happier times.

Now that's a compliment =)
    scifieric
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Alan,

So, I'd like you to stop posting in this thread now. You've made your bid and it was declined very politely, so we'll have no more of this. It's up to you whether it's because you decided to be cool and move on or because I made the decision for you.

I'll respect that.

Been slowly working on greebles for the Gemini Freighter, it's quite complicated!

s0a4mreb7jc5.png
    xiaorobearcaveat_imperatorStarCruiserLizzy777wibbleHoward Dayscifiericsrspicerwolfman
    Slowly but surely!

pjns47mxddfo.jpg
    g6885agab5ig.jpg
    StarCruiserLizzy777Howard Daycaveat_imperatorscifiericsrspicer
    edited June 2022 #113
    Got a lot more done today! Starting to see the light at the end of hte tunnel on this one...

z41yxs7f7jvv.jpg
    g5ksnco7lqz9.jpg
    xiaorobearLizzy777StarCruiserEddieLcaveat_imperatorrojrenWarp Propulsion Laboratoryscifiericwibblewolfman
  • ZoidZillaZoidZilla340 Posts: 17Member
    One of my favourite ships from the series, looks great so far!
    scifieric
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Have you thought of doing the Cylon tanker?
    scifieric
    rojren wrote: »
    Have you thought of doing the Cylon tanker?

I may! Trying to keep my motivation up enough to keep going as it is! Trying to bounce back and forth between "easy" and "hard" models to get things done. This one is definitely on the more difficult side!
    scifieric
    A small update....almost done with the containers, added rivets and some greebles
    42fzpu6zj1bs.jpg
    xiaorobearMartocticvslewisnivenLizzy777StarCruiserscifiericsrspicerwibbleEddieLcaveat_imperator
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    You are doing amazing work and achieving some fantastic results! Please keep going!
    japetus
    scifieric wrote: »
    You are doing amazing work and achieving some fantastic results! Please keep going!

Thanks! Mostly the front is left now...and a few odds and ends to duplicate around..

pqgty7i4oav5.jpg
    Lizzy777wibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryxiaorobearEddieLStarCruisercaveat_imperatorwolfmanLeoBerlin
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Beautiful work!! The CM flyby looks great.
    I never even noticed the 'Eastern Alliance' ship in the opening credits. Course' it's a fast flyby.
    Looking forward for more.... B)
    So many greebles on the front! Moved a ton of things around on the front...matches better now i think....still more to go! But a lot closer this week...

pj5w6tau2dq3.jpg
    u96n3pwjqh29.jpg
    StarCruiserxiaorobearLizzy777wibblesrspicercaveat_imperatorwolfmanLeoBerlin