Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
    I really like the blue carpeting and accent touches with this second version. It's a nice tonal shift for the model. I dig it!

Rekkert
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    I think this would be a great bridge for a ship like the Achilles Class
    Rekkert
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I really like that blue version as well
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited January 2022 #3485
    I'm glad you all liked the Artemis!

Got some exciting news today: starting next month I'll be working full time for OTOY on The Roddenberry Archive! Of course I won't be able to share my work for them here (or anywhere else), but I will continue to work on both commissions and personal projects when time allows. I'll also be offering refunds to my current commission clients if they chose to, as this obviously changes the time frame for their completion. Anyway, exciting stuff ahead! :D
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmirallennier1GuerrillamishasiegfriedDoctorShmullusRory1707wibbleLizzy777Soul ScreamAel'sand 2 others.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Congratulations!
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Rekkert wrote: »

Got some exciting news today: starting next month I'll be working full time for OTOY on The Roddenberry Archive! Of course I won't be able to share my work for them here (or anywhere else), but I will continue to work on both commissions and personal projects when time allows. I'll also be offering refunds to my current commission clients if they chose to, as this obviously changes the time frame for their completion. Anyway, exciting stuff ahead! :D
    Congrats!
    Looking forward to projects your work will be part of!

Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Congrats! That is outstanding!
    Rekkert
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member

That is fantastic news! They seem to be scooping up quite a few folks for the project. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it!
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member

Fantastic news my friend! CONGRATS! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Congratulations. You deserve this.
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Congratulations fella. What are you able to tells us about what you'll be contributing? Besides your good self, of course =)
    Rekkert
    edited March 2022 #3493
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, it's really an exciting thing to be a part of! :D

While I'm certainly quite busy and haven't been able to work on anything that I could show from the Roddenberry Archive, I am now able to show another project I worked on at the end of last year, as it's been publicly announced.

The people at EXO-6 contacted me about creating a 3D background for a replica of the Enterprise-E Captain's chair they were working on. Their idea is to sell the 3D background I did printed on foldable cardboard, so that you can place it behind the chair for display. It's certainly a cool idea if you ask me so I jumped at the opportunity. They are planning more chairs though I won't be working on those, mainly once again due to my commitments to the Roddenberry Archive.

FC_BACKDROP_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1646428502
    FCChair_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1646428502
    Soul ScreamWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sLizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralStarCruiserDoctorShmullus
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Congrats! Very happy for you.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    That is a pretty cool concept. How much of your existing work were you able to use for this project? Presumably quite a bit? Is this be the beginning of the Enterprise-E bridge set being added to your interior collection?
    Rekkert
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    looks great!
    Rekkert
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Hah! That's pretty neat
    Rekkert
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Awesome job my friend, Glad everything is going great for you! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice Idee
    Rekkert
    Well, it's been a while...

Slowly getting the hang of managing my times with the Archive work, I'm starting to get back into doing some personal projects during the weekends when I have the motivation to do so. Nothing major planned or anything, just some quick redresses for the time being to see how I'm able to handle it.

I'm tackling the Potemkin transporter room first, which is just a redress of the TNG transporter room I already modeled. I actually started this one years ago, doing stuff like the new raised platform for the transporter console and the color choices back then, but I hit a wall in trying to making it unique enough and left it there. I tried again this past week with a fresh perspective and ended up doing some substantial changes: I rotated the little side room 90°, making it slightly smaller and removing the side corridor entirely; I added some handrails between said side room and the transporter pad, to make accessing the side controls harder unless you're doing so from the transporter console area); I changed said transporter console stand to the bulkier "cargo bay" version, as I think it fits better with an older ship (plus it's a callback to the protective alcove of the 23rd century transporter rooms).

Finally, the transporter itself got a new color and pattern for the wall lights. I tried a ton of variations on the theme, and originally I had the lights pink rather than the purplish hue I ended up going for. It was hard to come up with something that still felt TNG while not just being the same pattern yet again.

Let me know your thoughts on it, I'm happy with how it's looking, but I'll give it a day or two to see if anything jumps out at me as needing changing.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1652571340
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-02.jpg?1652571334
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-03.jpg?1652571327
    lennier1StarCruiserBolianAdmiraltrekkiashleytingerRory1707NayslayerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777DoctorShmullusand 3 others.
    Great to see you back! Great work with the transporter room. Interesting choice to add the wooden handrail.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    You know, you might want to try going with the transporter pattern used on the Yosemite's transporter booth seen in the TNG episode "Realm of Fear," the inverted one.

realm-of-fear-hd-115.jpg
    RekkertBolianAdmiral
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I like the new pattern. Works with but sets it a part from what's around in the era.
    Rekkert
    Nicely done my friend!
    Rekkert
    edited May 2022 #3505
    Love this bud. Always great to see your work when you get the time to share it with us.

Also, how is the Archiving going? I imagine that there's still little that you are able to share?
    Post edited by richiewilch on
    Rekkert
    edited May 2022 #3506
    Thanks for the comments everyone!

@BolianAdmiral: The handrail itself isn't wood, just this design with the top painted brown instead of teal. Definitely just added to make the room different hahaha. :)

@Rusty0918: I tried that pattern a long while ago, but it just looks too dark on the standard transporter set (rather than the one person one used on the Yosemite). One element I did bring from that set are the holes in between each vertical light segment, in an attempt to link the Excelsior and Oberth transporters somewhat.

@richiewilch: The Archive is going wonderfully! It's great to be able to work closely with such an amazing team, including the Okudas and Daren Dotcherman, their knowledge of Trek is even greater than I would've imagined, and I now know a lot of background stuff regarding the sets that I can't wait to be made public. in case you haven't seen it there's this video released earlier this month showing the work done in the TOS and TMP era, nothing of my work yet. B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ZtLReySGo

As far as the Potemkin transporter, I did end up making one change: I made the forward section of the transporter interior itself the same dark grey color as the exterior, instead of the light grey it was before. I think it works better this way. Here are the finished renders:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1653140506
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1653140359
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1653140353
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1653140347
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1653140340
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1653140333
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1653140327
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-potemkin-transporter-room-cutaway.jpg?1653140319
    Lizzy777ashleytingerlennier1BolianAdmiralRory1707DoctorShmullusLeoBerlinStarCruiserWarp Propulsion Laboratorywibbleand 1 other.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    It looks fantastic! And I can imagine the handrails being removable for filming, I can imagine away mission jackets/spacesuits/alternate equipment being on that little platform waiting for the crew to pick them up.
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    That transporter console (the console itself, not the stand) looks like the tactical console on the Zodiac bridge.
    Rekkert
    @richiewilch: The Archive is going wonderfully! It's great to be able to work closely with such an amazing team, including the Okudas and Daren Dotcherman, their knowledge of Trek is even greater than I would've imagined, and I now know a lot of background stuff regarding the sets that I can't wait to be made public. in case you haven't seen it there's this video released earlier this month showing the work done in the TOS and TMP era, nothing of my work yet. B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ZtLReySGo

Awesome, will definitely check it out. Glad to hear it's all going well.
    As far as the Potemkin transporter, I did end up making one change: I made the forward section of the transporter interior itself the same dark grey color as the exterior, instead of the light grey it was before. I think it works better this way. Here are the finished renders:

Not sure if I'm being blind, or it's that the images have refreshed, but I'm not sure that I'm seeing the difference. Any chance that we can see the change?
    Rekkert
    @BlueNeumann: Oh absolutely, those would be removed to film some shots. ;)

@BolianAdmiral: It is the same long console shape, however its appearence is based on the TNG cargo bay console more than anything else, which I had used for @Rusty0918's USS Constellation bridge before.

@richiewilch: No worries, sometimes I struggle to describe what I do out of a wish of not upload too many images haha, here's the part that was changed highlighted:
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2022-05-19-00-29-45.jpg?1652931023
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Rory1707richiewilchDoctorShmullusWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sPreVizStarCruiser
    Had a couple ideas for Steamrunner-Class interiors during the weekend, inspired by the shape the aft windows on the bridge module have. I imagined these could be the standard TNG conference lounge set but without the central window, and then I though about splitting the room in two equal parts, with one side being the briefing room and the other side being the ready room.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2022-06-06-23-10-14.jpg?1654575779

So, I decided to create these two sets for the USS Appalachia, using the same basic structure for both. I started with the conference room but as you can see it's still very early; I just did the basic layout and a first pass at the table, which following my tradition I decided to shape as an abstract take on the ship itself. I intend on having a central screen on the wall between the two doors, while the sides of the room will have some light sconces, a replicator, maybe some plants. I might change the chair design to the Enterprise-E one, in keeping with the bridge using the Ent-E chairs.

Also, excuse the fireflies on these renders, no idea why they suddenly started appearing, might be a Blender update issue.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1654575802
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1654575794
    Ael'sRory1707Lizzy777ashleytingerPreVizBolianAdmiralStarCruiserDoctorShmulluscaveat_imperator