Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLizzy's WIPs

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    edited May 2022 #452
    Nice! Pure beskar knuckle bow I trust?

I would suggest nothing less. Too many force users have lost their hands from lightsaber incidents by opponents or their own personal mishaps.

And now some final renders.
    Back, Emitter, and Internals
    Post edited by Lizzy777 on
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I can bring you in with 10 digits or none.

Really nice work! Love it!
    Lizzy777
    I can bring you in with 10 digits or none.

Really nice work! Love it!

Thank you! It was a fun build, and quick (for me) to boot. A nice change of pace from what I've been working on.

And now back to your irregularly scheduled program.

VZN0fmf.png
    ashleytingerrojrenAel'sStarCruiserpubliusrStarriggerscifiericlennier1wolfmanevil_genius_180
    Subpanels and pylons!
    M1Wozlj.jpg

I also restored the windows. I think I'll update the windows in my Enterprise model and use this arrangement for the Reliant. Which means I need to rebuild the bridge for the Enterprise as well as modify the saucer.

zWQWlGm.png

Ael'sBolianAdmiralrojrenStarCruiserpubliusrsrspicerscifiericlennier1wolfmanevil_genius_180
    edited May 2022 #456
    And since I'm using the Discovery style windows in the Reliant, I figured I'd go ahead and update the Enterprise to match what we see in Strange New Worlds.

The amazing thing was I was able to remove the HUGE cutout that was the bridge viewport and restore it to a smooth surface before adding in the updated window.

a8nkO6H.png

wkZJIIV.png
    trekkiBolianAdmiralrojrenAel'sStarCruiserWarp Propulsion LaboratorypubliusrStarriggersrspicerscifiericand 2 others.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Okay, I’m digging that SNW Miranda.
    Lizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryscifieric
    So after a month, I figured I'd poke at this again with some underside detailing. I don't know why these greebles took me so long to do today. They aren't complicated. Then again, I spent most of my time correcting bad geometry.

musGRpu.jpg
    rojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sashleytingerStarCruisertrekkixiaorobearpubliusrStarriggersrspicerand 3 others.
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    I think it's already very good, I hope you continue soon.
    Lizzy777scifieric
    trekki wrote: »
    I think it's already very good, I hope you continue soon.

Thank you!

The geometry errors I mentioned were overlapping polys at the corners when I rounded off the edges of the rear hull. And then I somehow managed to double the verts at the leading edges and skewed the entire set of topside faces. I had to go in and merge all of the errant verts and correct line alignments to ensure it was done correctly.
    scifieric
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Both ships look beautiful!
    I would like to see you try the original Jeffries shuttle in this style hull plating; http://www.srsprototyping.com/model-kit-instructions/t-o-s-jeffries-shuttle-kit/
    e3ibhrou3aqw.jpeg
    StarCruiserscifieric
    srspicer wrote: »
    Both ships look beautiful!
    I would like to see you try the original Jeffries shuttle in this style hull plating;

Sure! Send me a PM and we can discuss commission rates.
    srspicer
    I have the shuttle as a 3D object

3eiyo69um9od.jpg
    publiusrStarCruisersrspicerscifiericStarship
    I'll get back to my Reliant model eventually. But for now, here's a kitbash to show my idea of the U.S.S. Farragut from Strange New Worlds.

Full orthos here: U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647

I decided to blend the hull shapes and positions of the SNW and TNG versions into this new kitbash. And more than that, I actually gave her a proper name and registry number that was missing in the first and last episodes of SNW Season 1.

d64RYe9.png

rojrenashleytingerStarCruiserAel'ssrspicerscifiericlennier1Starriggerevil_genius_180
    This is a really nice ship. I love it !
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Look, I found it on DeviantArt.

80xh96n5osjf.png
    scifiericBolianAdmiral
    So, it's been 3 months since I last poked at the Reliant. I got a little stuck because I didn't like the greebles on the underside. They just looked too...plain.

Also, work took precedence over hobbies, and that took some time away.

ANYWAY! Figured I'd open up the file and just dug in. Did some detail work on the middle bits.

SZTgCnS.jpg
    Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryrojrenwibbleashleytingerSCE2AuxscifiericStarCruiserStarriggerevil_genius_180
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Ah, a fellow Reliant builder! Lovely greebling details. I might be disoriented here, but aren't some of those greebles going to be covered up by the secondary hull?
    edited August 2022 #469
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    Ah, a fellow Reliant builder! Lovely greebling details. I might be disoriented here, but aren't some of those greebles going to be covered up by the secondary hull?

Not at all! These are the bits below the shuttle bays on the bottom-rear of the ship.

I've done a bit more work -- most of it not seen in this render because I was arranging UV maps and jumping around. I think I'll do one more section of parts before I call this area ready for textures.

WCSybFv.jpg
    SCE2AuxrojrenscifiericStarCruiserStarriggerevil_genius_180
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    I'm an idiot - I was confusing your Farragut and Reliant models! Just checked out the Farragut orthos - both ships look great!
    Lizzy777
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    I'm an idiot - I was confusing your Farragut and Reliant models! Just checked out the Farragut orthos - both ships look great!

I think we all have days like that. I think it's every day for me, but I digress.

8xvMsfj.png

Still need to work out some irregularities in the texture. But that major section of the hull is pretty much done. Just need to build the shuttle bay interiors, add the greebles that go above them, and construct the roll bar and mission pod.

gPQZr3x.png

It's got windows, Jerry! Windows!
    Also, the upper warp field crystal thingie is loosely based on the one from the NX-01.
    Ael'strekkiraztovashleytingerStarCruiserStarriggerrojrenevil_genius_180BolianAdmiral
    Nice work. I can't wait for the finished model =)
    Lizzy777
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good work all around old beam! B)
    Lizzy777
    Finally got around to working out the shuttlebays on my Reliant. Cutting into the hull without completely messing up the U/V, realizing that I can't go as deep as I wanted because of where the saucer intersected with the geometry. And I don't want to slice the saucer because I'm lazy and it'd end up with more work.

7f7rYYc.jpg
    caveat_imperatorStarCruiserStarriggertrekkiashleytingerAel'sStarshipevil_genius_180CptBenSisko
    👍👍👍
    Lizzy777
    I think this is enough basic detailing for the shuttle bay. Though at this close-up, I feel like I need something to break up the blank space around the hull in this area.

3rbbR9K.jpg
    trekkiAel'sStarCruiserevil_genius_180
    This is what the "Film Reliant" looked like.
    Maybe this will inspire you.
    hxaoqau9orh4.jpg
    Lizzy777StarCruiser
    Some exterior details were added and the bay doors. They slat neatly to the side near the impulse engines. All I need to do is model, map, and texture the greebles above the shuttle bays and the hull should be done!

After that, it's the roll bar and mission pod.

LcNK6kb.jpg
    ashleytingertrekkiAel'sStarCruiserStarshipevil_genius_180
    Finally added in the last of the greebles and retextured the back end, which makes this the final detail needed to complete the main section of the hull! WOO!

Next is the rollbar and mission pod.

wBIeIUU.jpg
    ashleytingerrojrenevil_genius_180StarCruiserAel'sBolianAdmiral
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Your work is absolutely outstanding. I love the Enterprise and the Reliant looks superb so far. I love how you're adding details that could have been part of the textures as modeled bits. It adds such a sense of realism.
    Lizzy777scifieric
    edited November 2022 #481
    Your work is absolutely outstanding. I love the Enterprise and the Reliant looks superb so far. I love how you're adding details that could have been part of the textures as modeled bits. It adds such a sense of realism.

Thank you! I do try. 😊

Once I put that roll bar and pod on there, I could finally see the end of this project come into view.

Recycling a few bits to create this section. I'm reusing the warp nacelle pylons from my Enterprise model as the roll bar structure and gave them a slight bend. Instead of Turbo Phasers, I've reused the deflector housing from my Enterprise as endcaps. I didn't want to repeat my design base from my TOS U.S.S. Miranda, though I kept the antenna in that spot because I like how it looks.

As for the mission pod itself, it took me a bit to figure out the shape. There's more to it that I want to add, but for now, it's a good base to work off of. I'm not sure how much of the movie ship I want to include, so that means it's down to detailing, unwrapping, and texturing.

I've decided to fit a deflector dish inside of the mission pod and based it a bit on the one from the NX-01 Enterprise. That means I need to build a housing structure with glowing bits behind it. I'll also need to work out the torpedo launchers that'll fit in there, though I want to base them on the tubes I'm using on the underside of the saucer. The rest of the space will be full of bits and pieces to fill out space and detail.

EgQxBSY.jpg
    j0B5nOY.png

trekkiwibbleevil_genius_180rojrenscifiericStarCruiserAel's