Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Constitution Refit

lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
edited October 2022 in Work in Progress #1
I've been dipping in and out of this one for a while but thought it time to get a bit more involved with it. Here's where I am so Far:

Thumbnail:
muv0j74ckw9x.png

46s48w877734.png
1i92cv5oangg.png
u91pqp85ysga.png
fyduqyhcaozc.png

Post edited by lewisniven on
rojrenashleytingerJayruLizzy777wibbletrekkiMikeFinleyMusicPreVizBillynom8StarCruiserand 7 others.
Tagged:

• ashleytingerashleytinger1988 Central OhioPosts: 1,225Member
    It looks like the study model phase before they started decking it out. She's coming along!
    lewisnivenscifieric
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    This is a nice start - looking forward to more :-)
    lewisniven
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • trekkitrekki935 Posts: 1,392Member
    Yes , nice start! 👍
    lewisniven
  • MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    Stunning work
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    uwylkbvru3ha.png
    radgmpz7kp3a.png
    Lizzy777trekkiPreVizStarCruiserAel'scaveat_imperatorJESsrspicerHunter GRory1707
    s4fu089dy86c.png
    5xalo4ua3dxx.png
    JayruStarCruiserwibbleLizzy777Ael'sWarp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperatorscifiericJESsrspicerand 4 others.
    I can never get over how fast you work. So good.
    lewisnivenscifieric
    386bwtgta4h4.png
    jntmbdpdc97d.png
    ashleytingerrojrenJayruAel'sLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleStarCruisertrekkiBillynom8and 4 others.
    6pdeggycdy7e.png
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777JayruAel'swibbleStarCruisertrekkipubliusrcaveat_imperatorscifiericand 4 others.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Awesome! I'm enjoying seeing this take shape.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    Holy crap this is good. Any consideration of making this essentially "full scale" - ie, detailed enough that you could do those like TPM kind of macro shots on it?

Are you going to texture it all Star Trek 6 matte white, or are you going to try to replicate the pearlescent finish? Are you going for studio accurate with the partial warp grill lights and the "lights from nowhere" or are you going to try to make it more realistically self illuminated?
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    Holy crap this is good. Any consideration of making this essentially "full scale" - ie, detailed enough that you could do those like TPM kind of macro shots on it?

Are you going to texture it all Star Trek 6 matte white, or are you going to try to replicate the pearlescent finish? Are you going for studio accurate with the partial warp grill lights and the "lights from nowhere" or are you going to try to make it more realistically self illuminated?

Thanks John!

I intend for it to be detailed enough that the cameras will be able to get pretty damn close indeed. I'm not modelling rivets, but it'll be detailed enough.

Very subtle pearl. ST:6 is the overall look I'm aiming at, but there will be a very subtle pearl. Despite all the layers of matting spray they put on a bit of the pearl still comes through so I'll do that. TMP is too much for my taste. I'll also add some micro texture details from the large stunt model they built just to make the scale hold up better.

Not sure what you mean by partial warp grill lights but here's what I have:

8qg1opqoqcfu.png

As for the ship lights, I'll do the ones that have actual sources, but not the really cheat ones, such at the ones on the rear of the nacelles etc.
    ashleytingerAel'sLizzy777wibbleStarCruisertrekkicaveat_imperatorscifiericJESHunter Gand 1 other.
    If I recall correctly, the intention was always for both sides of the warp grill to light up, but they only got lights on a section of each interior grill. Yours already exceeds their technical limitations.
    lewisnivenscifieric
    zuy3dvna1hti.png
    zvh8bnsao5ap.png
    m9659h3tkswp.png
    Lizzy777Ael'swibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerStarCruiserMadKoiFishtrekkiBillynom8caveat_imperatorand 5 others.
    I know the ILM guys hated working with the TMP model but she's so gorgeous. Nice work so far!
    lewisnivenscifieric
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Yea have to say still love this design..... You're doing it justice.. looks great :)
    lewisnivenscifieric
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Just wonderful
    lewisnivenscifieric
    83875ntyyh77.png
    xwks33puitb2.png
    y8wfecb5r2jz.png
    bu4hsianbzd7.png
    trekkiRekkertLizzy777Billynom8JayruAel'sStarCruiserWarp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperatorwibbleand 5 others.
    This is insanely good.
    lewisniven
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    This is fantastic!
    lewisniven
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    Thats really really good work. :)
    lewisniven
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

jcvaw6ebal7c.png
    Lizzy777Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerStarCruisertrekkiBillynom8wibblecaveat_imperatorscifiericand 3 others.
    edited May 2022 #24
    z674nk6gis8a.png

Post edited by lewisniven on
    ashleytingerAel'sBillynom8Lizzy777raztovwibblecaveat_imperatorscifiericJESStarriggerand 2 others.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    STUNNING!

Loving the smoothness of the hull.
    lewisnivenscifieric
    s790dcox8aab.png
    ashleytingercaveat_imperatorStarCruiserLizzy777wibblerojrenAel'sBillynom8trekkiscifiericand 4 others.
    03gn7f2v7tn7.png
    ashleytingerBillynom8wibblexiaorobearLizzy777Ael'srojrentrekkiscifiericraztovand 6 others.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann610 Posts: 1,271Member
    I'm in awe, it's fantastic.
    Ael'slewisniven
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear670 Posts: 168Member
    Yep. It's just plain hard to find things to comment on when confronted with so much perfection.
    lewisniven
    o1m44juhvia0.png
    er4pnm9tg03f.png
    esxvmjru6hy3.png
    ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratorytrekkiLizzy777scifiericAel'sStarCruisercaveat_imperatorwibbleJESand 5 others.
  • trekkitrekki935 Posts: 1,392Member
    This will be a very nice object.
    lewisnivenscifieric