Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLizzy's WIPs

• trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    This looks very good 👍
    Lizzy777
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    trekki wrote: »
    This looks very good 👍

Thank you!

Okay, unless I've missed a detail, the top half of the saucer and engine deck are done.

GuJOVv7.jpg

Now to sort out the bottom of the saucer. I can already see that the middle ring isn't aligned correctly. A simple fix, but probably a tedious one switching back and forth between Photoshop and Blender. I also need to add a thinner ring that goes around the saucer rim. Should be easy enough.

There is a big error that I can't fix so easily. And that's the light projectors next to the registry numbers. I cut them into the wrong ring. They should be one section closer to the center.

::sighs:: We'll call this a Persian Flaw.

Other than that I just need to dial in the look, texture the rest of the engine deck, and call this part done!

IhTsrcL.png

Ael'sHunter GSoul ScreamBrandenbergStarCruisersrspicer
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Nix that last bit. I spent the morning pushing around a few polygons and corrected my mistake.

BsIEBzE.png
    Ael'sHunter GSoul ScreamsrspicerBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    Last one for today. The saucer is pretty much done. That is unless I can think of some other details to add to the texture map.

5yAyQDu.jpg
    Ael'sHunter GSoul ScreamsrspicerStarCruiserscifieric
    OK, last one for realsies. I've been so focused on the saucer for so long, I just needed to do a quick dorsal render.

Uwg1AtI.png
    ashleytingerAel'sHunter GSoul ScreamsrspicerBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    Mapped out and started texturing the secondary hull. It went a lot faster than when I was unwrapping the saucer section. Chalk that up to experience, I suppose. I still need to unwrap the shuttlebay, but that'll be next after I finish the engineering section.

Since I have the base colors down, all I really need to do is dial in the azteking to break up the solid colors.

sAyPU31.png

JayruAel'sashleytingerSoul ScreamsrspicerBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    Aztek applied. Now to do the interior of the shuttlebay.

I20Mdfg.png
    trekkiSoul ScreamsrspicerrojrenAel'sHunter GBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    That looks very good already. I'm really curious.
    Lizzy777scifieric
    It's starting to look like a proper shuttle bay! My alignment is a bit off, but that shouldn't be too difficult a fix.

3lHjiAR.png
    rojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerAel'sHunter GSoul ScreamBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    The shuttle bay is complete! Or at least as much as I feel like. I also spent a few hours building and texturing a low-poly shuttlecraft based on the one from the Strange New Worlds teasers that have been cropping up everywhere. They're not screen accurate or anything. Really low detail compared to what I usually do. But as props for the interior, they'll do.

Now to work out the pylons and engines to finish this build.

YqTbOVu.jpg
    Soul ScreamwibblerojrenashleytingerAel'sHunter GBrandenbergStarCruiserscifieric
    And a quick render of the Galileo.

wlMf51B.png
    JayruwibbleashleytingerSoul ScreamAel'sHunter GpubliusrStarCruiserscifiericsrspicer
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    I'm loving this build. You have captured the lady just right.
    Lizzy777scifieric
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Low poly builds can be a lot of fun. It looks great
    Lizzy777scifieric
  • Ael'sAel's87 FrancePosts: 69Member
    Amazing work Lizzi ! That Shuttle is so cute.
    Lizzy777publiusrscifieric
    AW Fanon Wiki — — — DeviantArt — — — AW Discord (EN)
    Jayru wrote: »
    I'm loving this build. You have captured the lady just right.
    Thank you! It's been an exercise in learning a lot of different things to be sure.
    Low poly builds can be a lot of fun. It looks great
    Oh, totally! There's a bit of a challenge when trying to make something like that look good. It really does rely a lot on shape and texture work rather than raw detail.
    Ael's wrote: »
    Amazing work Lizzi ! That Shuttle is so cute.
    Thank you as well! I hadn't thought of it as cute, but I suppose it fits!

So... I've finally managed to get around to unwrapping every last piece of this model and did the majority of the texture work. There are still some things I need to sort out. Mostly getting bits I missed and some color matching. But the rest is pretty much done.

And now, some orthos.

yn1GqC7.png
    Q17VZwp.png
    TImxkiI.png
    ijv5Mnf.png
    rNYsf0n.png
    oCPxIj4.png
    ashleytingerAel'sSoul Screamcaveat_imperatorxiaorobearraztovHunter GBrandenbergrojrenpubliusrand 4 others.
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    She's looking shiny!
    Lizzy777scifieric
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Wow. That's a lot of detail and sophisticated work. It looks like a photo of a real toy.
    Lizzy777publiusrscifieric
    edited April 2022 #439
    Hunter G wrote: »
    She's looking shiny!
    Shiiinnny....
    Wow. That's a lot of detail and sophisticated work. It looks like a photo of a real toy.
    Thank you! One of my goals as an artist has been to capture that photorealistic look. It's taken new software, a hardware upgrade, and two years of learning it all to get to this point.

So... I have an idea.

DBWvNhi.png

I've already edited the text on the saucer and nacelles. And deleted most of the upper set of windows around the saucer rim without destroying the UV map. I plan to add the new window arrangement seen on the Strange New Worlds teasers to further differentiate it from the Enterprise.

The trick for me will be in matching the angles and curves of the saucer when building the new hull section so they blend in seamlessly.
    Post edited by Lizzy777 on
    Soul ScreamJayruAel'sStarCruiserscifiericsrspicer
    Some kitbashing and blocking. I'm figuring out how much of my Enterprise build I can keep and how much I'll need to make for the rest of the Reliant.

OqUrj6H.png
    rojrenashleytingerJayruAel'sxiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruiserscifiericsrspicer
    Wow!
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Oooo nice!
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Still working out the design. I did a chop job on the impulse engine deck and refined the hull shape. Then I squashed the pylons down and stuck them on there to get an idea of what that might look like.

2Nh0Jo6.png
    MadKoiFishashleytingerAel'sStarCruiserscifiericsrspicer
    The only thing I'm not sure on with this is the impulse engine size. It's eating up a lot of real estate that went to cargo/shuttlebays on the Reliant.
    scifieric
    The only thing I'm not sure on with this is the impulse engine size. It's eating up a lot of real estate that went to cargo/shuttlebays on the Reliant.

Yeah, I'm still figuring that out. I've already chopped it down and shrank it a bit smaller than when I had it on the Enterprise. In fact, I just copied my Blender file to a new folder to start this. The engineering section is still in there as a hidden collection along with the shuttlecraft I made.

I think there's plenty of room to make a pair of shuttlebays considering the size and scale of what I have. It probably won't have the head clearance as the original, ut we'll see.

NDpCvZi.png

Also, the engineering hull on this form factor looks kinda interesting. Like, this invokes a bit of the Kelvinverse Armstrong-class design. But with a secondary hull instead of three engines.
    Ael'sscifieric
  • Ael'sAel's87 FrancePosts: 69Member
    edited April 2022 #446
    Ok.. Hear me out Lizzy... Where do i sign to marry you ?! :open_mouth:
    That looks so good ! Love the unplanned experimentation.
    Post edited by Ael's on
    Lizzy777scifieric
    AW Fanon Wiki — — — DeviantArt — — — AW Discord (EN)
    Oh I'm definitely not saying to stop. I love that you're going for it with the design. Just something that popped in my head ;)
    Lizzy777scifieric
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited April 2022 #448
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Thank you! One of my goals as an artist has been to capture that photorealistic look. It's taken new software, a hardware upgrade, and two years of learning it all to get to this point.

If you weren't already (I'm sure you were) - You are really going to have fun now.
    I think I detect a new personal style to your work. Of course it may evolve, but here you go.

Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Lizzy777scifieric
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Congratulations my friend! You really achieved teh next level. B)
    About your Reliant, I´m loving the ideas.
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Not bad for a two...uh three-day build!

I was hoping to get this done on the 4th. But it took a bit longer than I thought it might. Anyway, here's my design of a lightsaber from its metallic guts to a finely polished exterior.

CILCAuP.png
    lkUybUb.png
    uQy7mG0.png
    h8KDlR6.png
    O4FRNHc.png
    M1FPzpm.png
    y0MpWL5.png
    Enzyr8M.png
    Z6FAgLt.png
    LuQPcGZ.png

Now I just need to do some proper renders and post them to my gallery!
    ashleytingerAel'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruiserscifiericsrspicer
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Nice! Pure beskar knuckle bow I trust?
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift