So, today Dave Blass (production designer for ST:Picard) released on his twitter a whole load of pics of the Stargazer. I started crawling through his account and pulled all the concept art and photos of the bridge set that I could find. I'm going to try to build a version of it. As per my usual, I'm sure at some point I'll start taking liberties with the design because #overactiveimagination, but I thought that this time I would try to document the process a little.
Today has been all about blocking out the general shapes some basic lighting. I'm using the lo-res deck plan he posted, so making sure my dimensions are accurate has been a pretty colossal pain in the ass. Plus, it's a top-down view, no profile provided except for reference photos, so I've been eyeballing heights for now. I might try using fSpy on some of the photos to see if I can set my camera to match them and then try doing height related stuff from there. We'll see what happens.
Also, because this is WIP, i added a soundstage background and apropos props because I have a hard time taking anything too seriously.
Comments and critiques welcome as always. More eventually.