Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpringfield Class Starship in Blender

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I think it looks great. The connectors fit the model very well. The one for the lower pod is much better than what was on the studio model.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I like it- clearly we were thinking along similar lines. Looking forward to detail and completion. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm.... Dunno about the new engineering pod... Particularly the aft torpedo tube, you've already one above it on the neck, if I saw that right.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Hm.... Dunno about the new engineering pod... Particularly the aft torpedo tube, you've already one above it on the neck, if I saw that right.

That's actually an impulse engine. I haven't put any torpedo bays on her yet. I don't think the engineering pod is going to have any torpedoes. I think just phasers.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Excellent work so far! IDK if this'll help any, but I found this...

scr_15_skinner8.jpg
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good work Polaris! :thumb:
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I like the stalk much better. Far more functional!
    I've been on a mesh binge, and I'd like to get this girl polished up, too. I've been dinking with the build here and there, and have added some detail, as well as her regs and banners. Still needs some more details and textures, although she looks fairly real when i render her in cycles...

kXcX5K0.jpg

ufkTKVr.jpg
    With Deflector...

ReHwXpJ.jpg
    Without Deflector....

iymjKrn.jpg
    With Pod....

cLuSnFP.jpg
    Without pod...
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Probably my favourite design from the Wolf 359 fleet (it's a battle between Springfield and Cheyenne :lol:).

I love the original pylon configuration but your version also looks very nice, a lot cleaner actually.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Likewise - to me she looks a little like a brief precursor (or sister?) class to the New Orleans.

The only problem IMO is the glaring size error on the original model, so that either the windows are far too big, or the bridge module and turbolift protrustions far too small! I'd recommend against replicating that particular feature...
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    The only problem IMO is the glaring size error on the original model, so that either the windows are far too big, or the bridge module and turbolift protrustions far too small! I'd recommend against replicating that particular feature...

Agreed. I understand why the model was made the way it was, but there's nothing wrong with some artistic license to fix some scaling issues. :)
    I have to say, this is among my top favorite Trek ship classes. Sweet work on her so far!
    Just about done?

I think so.

Some odds and ends to clean up, but she's basically there...

d08AHYx.jpg

JcpD8WO.jpg

WaUqW7y.jpg

HuyPa8M.jpg

fkHvEnk.jpg

bfJnKq8.jpg

AANyALQ.jpg

Here are all the same angles, WITHOUT the dorsal pod or the deflector attached:

OqGaSPs.jpg

7z2WEZl.jpg

POZ32l5.jpg

IVVjypY.jpg

Not bad. Pretty happy with the way she turned out. I think I am going to take the technique I used to panel texture this ship and retro-actively apply it to some of my other hulls. I really like how it turned out...
    Very nice!
  • winebaronwinebaron0 Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2022 #46
    Hi,

I only recently became aware of these "Wolf 359" ships and I think they're pretty interesting. I wonder if any are featured in any Star Trek games, online or otherwise. I've love to take a Springfield out for a spin. Know of any games that allow you to create your own ships?

I realize I'm quite new and late to the party, but is there any way to see what you've been working on? I'd love to look but none of the pics you posted are on here anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also eager to create my own starships, in Blender or elsewhere, and wondered if you could offer any pointers or advice. I've always admired those that can create animation, games, and other media related to Star Trek.

Thanks,
    winebaron
    Post edited by winebaron on