Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSlowly Remaking the Original

scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
I wanted to remake the original series Enterprise model using a different set of blueprints.
TotalShipY175C-B.png
BolianAdmiralStarCruiserWarp Propulsion LaboratorySoul ScreamLizzy777ashleytingercaveat_imperatorwolfmanProviFXwibbleand 2 others.
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Which blueprints are you using… Sinclair? Casimiro?
    scifieric
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Not to sound ignorant, but how can you tell the difference between the different versions? Can you just look at a render and say if it was one set of blueprints or the other?
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Which blueprints are you using… Sinclair? Casimiro?
    This time around, it is Casimiro! Thanks for the question and for looking in!
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Not to sound ignorant, but how can you tell the difference between the different versions? Can you just look at a render and say if it was one set of blueprints or the other?
    Yes, if you can see the "lower saucer bulge" you can. That always drives me nuts when I post an old image. I can see where I got things wrong. The plans LOOK sensational, and are fantastic works of art on their own, but since few people get to be up-close and personal with the original model, it is really hard to get everything perfect. They are all great in their own way, I have to say!
    BolianAdmiralSoul Scream
  • MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    I love this. You're always my go-to Enterprise guy and you got me into Blender in the first place. I made my latest Enterprise based on the same plans you're using here and the little changes really make a huge difference.

And I REALLY hope you make a Klingon D7 or TMP Enterprise and bless us with a tutorial one day (not at all subtle hint...)
    scifieric
    I love this. You're always my go-to Enterprise guy and you got me into Blender in the first place. I made my latest Enterprise based on the same plans you're using here and the little changes really make a huge difference.

And I REALLY hope you make a Klingon D7 or TMP Enterprise and bless us with a tutorial one day (not at all subtle hint...)

Wow! Thank you!

Yeah, I once started on a D7 and lost it in a hard drive crash. I'll give it another go after this Enterprise is finished.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Very nice!
    scifieric
    scifieric wrote: »

Wow! Thank you!

Yeah, I once started on a D7 and lost it in a hard drive crash. I'll give it another go after this Enterprise is finished.

Exciting. And I can't wait to see how this turns out
    Very nice!
    Thank you!
    Exciting. And I can't wait to see how this turns out
    Me either! LOL! Thank you!
    A bit more progress. Can't wait to finish the build and then move on to textures!

TotalShipY1937-A.png
    wibbleLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratorypubliusrSoul Screamcaveat_imperatorMcCStarCruiserFreakwolfmanand 2 others.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Nice as always.
    scifieric
    publiusr wrote: »
    Nice as always.
    Thank you very kindly!
    So clean! That's amazing
    scifieric
    So clean! That's amazing

Thank you. If you're referring to the textures, they'll come after the build is done.
    So clean! That's amazing

Thank you. If you're referring to the textures, they'll come after the build is done.

I mean the smoothness of the build and the modelling
    scifieric
    I mean the smoothness of the build and the modelling
    Thank you! You are VERY kind!
    A little more progress.

TotalShipY1940-K.png
    TotalShipY1940-L.png
    TotalShipY1940-M.png
    TotalShipY1940-N.png
    TotalShipY1940-O.png
    TotalShipY1940-P.png
    Soul ScreamwibbleLizzy777publiusrrojrentrekkiwolfmansrspicercaveat_imperatorWarp Propulsion Laboratoryand 2 others.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Screen captures I tells ya (kidding)
    scifieric
    publiusr wrote: »
    Screen captures I tells ya (kidding)

Hey, it's a nice compliment! Thanks!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    She's just perfect.
    scifieric
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Screensavers!!!!!
    scifieric
    She's just perfect.
    Thank you, that is very kind of you! I appreciate your kindness!
    srspicer wrote: »
    Screensavers!!!!!
    Wow! That's extraordinary of you to say! Thank you!
    edited February 2022 #23
    Did a little more work today. It might not show as readily apparent, but I'm happy with the progress so far. I am itching to start making textures!

I have noticed that when I compare the plans to some screen captures, the little side green light is too large. It was there during the series, but it was at least half the size, if not even smaller. I'll correct that soon.

TotalShipY1942-C.png
    Post edited by scifieric on
    rojrenLizzy777Soul ScreamStarCruiserWarp Propulsion Laboratorytrekkicaveat_imperatorFreakMustang13Camaro68wolfmanand 2 others.
    Stunning
    scifieric
    Stunning

Wow! Thank you VERY much!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking Good Eric
    scifieric
    Freak wrote: »
    Looking Good Eric

Thank you, Dean! Thank you very much!
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    It always fascinates me that everyone's recreations of the old girl have very subtle differences that give each one it's own personality. This ones looking good, and very much like the original studio model! I often forget that streaming sites only have the remastered version
    scifieric
    Hunter G wrote: »
    It always fascinates me that everyone's recreations of the old girl have very subtle differences that give each one it's own personality. This ones looking good, and very much like the original studio model! I often forget that streaming sites only have the remastered version

Hello Hunter G! Thank you for the compliment! That was very kind.

If you have Amazon, you can find the unaltered version of Star Trek in their videos. You just have to search a little for it.

I have the original version on DVD and (in theory) blu-ray, but they really upped the contrast on those.
    Hunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Hello Hunter G! Thank you for the compliment! That was very kind.

If you have Amazon, you can find the unaltered version of Star Trek in their videos. You just have to search a little for it.

I have the original version on DVD and (in theory) blu-ray, but they really upped the contrast on those.

I had no idea you could find them there, sweet!

scifieric
    No, not done yet, but I am watching a few of my favorite episodes and couldn't resist the temptation. LOL!

TDDM001BD.png
    trekkiBrandenbergashleytingerwibbleLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperator