Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate

RancherosDigitalRancherosDigital27 Posts: 4Member
edited February 2022 in Work in Progress #1
Whatado everybody?!

I didn't know Scifi-Meshes was still a thing.

I playing around with creating a small Stargate themed game, to learn more about modeling, animation, game design and development, and share what I learned.

I've started with Ra's Pyramid spaceship from the 1994 film, interior and exterior.

zxna1om94j1m.jpg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g-MDG0gGut8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GV4SnFkHxk4

I will keep you updated as I go. I'm doing this as a hobby, my main profession is hunting antilopes and tourists.

I'm also trying to figure out this whole social media thing. So I use Patreon as my blog, so be sure to check that out as well: https://www.patreon.com/rancherosdigital
Post edited by Guerrilla on
wibbleSoul ScreamLizzy777StarCruiserMustang13Camaro68publiusrBridgerAtolm

• RancherosDigitalRancherosDigital27 Posts: 4Member
    edited February 2022 #2
    hn31hzwe9i91.png

Post edited by RancherosDigital on
    Lizzy777Soul ScreamwibbleMustang13Camaro68
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    You don't see a lot of Stargate these days. Nice to see that someone is keeping it alive.
    edited February 2022 #4
    wibble wrote: »
    You don't see a lot of Stargate these days. Nice to see that someone is keeping it alive.

Thanks. I already got warned about cease and desist letters because I dare to make it interactive (because "games" like Stargate Network got taken down). So that might explain why.

Here's the whole rig in Unity. No teleportation or any other sort of effects.

Post edited by RancherosDigital on
    Lizzy777Soul ScreamAtolm
  • Captain AdamCaptain Adam115 Posts: 15Member
    That is pretty cool. Good job. I so hope that they bring Stargate back. I loved the show.

And now with effects.
    Lizzy777Atolm
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Excellent amount of progress ya got going there.

I kept expecting those mannequins to turn or move towards you when they went off-screen since I've played way too many horror games.

...I hate horror game mannequins.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Great progress. I have to ask though, have there really been so many rings coming down in the film or the TV-show? I always felt like the pile of rings was barely higher than the people standing in them.
  • David_cgcDavid_cgc360 Posts: 18Member
    wibble wrote: »
    Great progress. I have to ask though, have there really been so many rings coming down in the film or the TV-show? I always felt like the pile of rings was barely higher than the people standing in them.

In the TV shows, there were five rings that usually came just above head-height. In the movie, the rings were about half the width, and there were a lot more of them, at least ten, and they extended off the top of the screen every time we saw them. There's a concept art drawing from the movie where the rings fill the entire space between the floor and the hole in the ceiling they drop down from.
    Atolm
    It's like I expected. The Memory of the TV show has spoiled my memory of the movie. I guess that means it's time to watch it again.