Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited February 2022 #2612
    Ugh everything is conspiring to make me get nothing done this last few days. Just a simple render of the nose to show a alteration but ore I look the more I will likely be redoing all the grids here as I DO NOT like (1)how that larger panel grid is not following the curvature in the hull transition. I think it is something to do with all the angles going on here (do not forget the main hull here is on a slope as well as having curvature) So what looks ok in ortho is far from it in perspective. Dunno gonna have tro look at it and figure it out. One other reason I am really thinking about detaching and merging this all up and patching in new grids is how close that grid is to the change in the hull I really do not like it being so close. I also want to widen the curvature on the front edge of that same panel to create a larger rounded corner that would follow say the curvature of those transporter emitters or reflect the same one in the green cut out. (2)
    emissary-0553.jpg

Uh, no. I have no idea how i let that panel look the way it does. It definitely wont remain that way. . . . -_-
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    BolianAdmiralRory1707Soul ScreamLizzy777srspicerAel's
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    There we go.
    emissary-0555.jpg
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralSoul ScreamLizzy777AtolmsrspicerRory1707Ael'swibble
    edited February 2022 #2614
    Not a huge change just working out more of the patterns and details. Unsure if I will extrude out these teal panels or leave them as patterns. The blue stripes though likely will be extruded out as hull colored bars like seen on the lower saucers of the VOY and SOV. They are blue just for visibility.
    emissary-0560.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerBolianAdmiralRory1707Ael'scaveat_imperator
    Yet, more panel refinements. Mostly rounding and adding in the blue sub panels and bits here and there. Added in the aft-ward grid loop but not sure if I want to have the top of it flat vs flowing with the panels prior to it. The rear ward blue panels are an example of how the others will be extruded out. Maybe I should render out the blue ones in a different color so the detail in them shows up more.
    emissary-0561.jpg
    emissary-0562.jpg

Considering adding in some lifeboats to this area but I think intent is these areas would be stowage and machine decks sans any crew compartments or major stations. I am sure some people would be assigned to this area hence the idea that there would eb a few somewhere on the flat hull. Issue is deciding where and not to deviate too much from the drawing. Most of the "hidden" areas are obstructed by the "hoop" and deflector decks. The flat decks are about 25 feet in thickness. So I think a few lifeboats might be required though there are those large cargo areas that larger escape craft could exit from. I would guess in reality they would have larger support craft planned for a evac to carry supplies or larger resources than the pods themselves could store. But W/E I do need to get to the lower decks to see where there would be room if any on top or even in the lower deck.
    Rory1707srspicerLizzy777LoopholeZhor2395BolianAdmiralashleytingerSoul ScreamAel'scaveat_imperatorand 2 others.
    Ok, panels extruded and those rib things are in. Have not done the blue panels yet. It will all be detached and re uvwed independently. Started adding in some little details here and there.
    emissary-0564.jpg
    emissary-0565.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Rory1707Ael'sLoopholeSoul Screamcaveat_imperatorwibbleAtolm
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Nice work Dan!
    Extrusions and sub panel details. No updates or work tomorrows as the power co is yanking power to the whole block. -_-
    emissary-0568.jpg
    emissary-0569.jpg

and joy of all fing days it is a school holiday so leave house to run errands itll be a nuthouse full of covid cancer breeders. No kids wear masks around here, hell most adults do not these days. No wonder we have 50k new cases every 2 weeks.
    Ael'sBolianAdmiralSoul ScreamLizzy777caveat_imperatorpubliusrRory1707wibbleAtolm
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Take care
    Not a large change but got the fwd sub panels cut and some details as well as extruding part of the panel lines.
    emissary-0573.jpg
    Rory1707Lizzy777Soul ScreamashleytingerAel'sBolianAdmiralStarCruisercaveat_imperatorwolfmanwibbleand 1 other.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Those hull patterns look great.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Yeah, the texture work is looking really nice.
    not a massive change or update least visually. Planning out the panels on the lower hull. Here is where you can see the most changes to ratios on things due to shifting some elements to align with the struts. Orange panels are to define the secondary panels. KIM they WILL be inset from the primary grids later on.
    emissary-0580.jpg
    emissary-0581.jpg
    Rory1707ashleytingerwibbleAel'sSoul ScreamLizzy777BolianAdmiralAtolmStarCruiser
    Quick test of the cargo hold opening bits on the bottom. Ignore the floaty markings as I forgot to move those to another layer.

emissary-0583.jpg
    emissary-0584.jpg
    Rory1707Ael'sLizzy777BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamAtolmStarCruiserwolfman
    Cargo doors in, or at least the cutouts.

emissary-0585.jpg
    Rory1707Ael'sashleytingerLizzy777Hunter GBolianAdmiralSoul ScreamAtolmStarCruiser
    More blocking in of the hull panels. Areas in white will be panel lines, solids will be extruded panels. Mostly working out shapes, spacing and some of the reform curvatures. I might alter some of them down the road. Example of one set of panels is the forward most orange one just ends in the drawing it tapers to a curve irrelevant to the panel lines outside it. It also stands out ad it is the most apparent of realigning of connecting components. SO it might get split.
    emissary-0586.jpg
    emissary-0587.jpg
    emissary-0588.jpg
    emissary-0589.jpg
    Hunter GRory1707ashleytingerAel'sBolianAdmiralLizzy777Soul ScreamAtolmStarCruisersrspicer
    Damn, things are looking great!
    Refined panels and rounded corners in prepping to chamfer out the grooves.
    emissary-0590.jpg
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamLizzy777AtolmashleytingerAel'sStarCruiser
    edited April 2022 #2629
    Slow progress even quit out of the discord to focus but still only got about a hour in. But least I got more done than the day prior which is just the one curve on that orange panel.
    emissary-0592.jpg

emissary-0593.jpg

Oh ignore the black line that is cause the hull got bumped somehow. All realigned.
    BolianAdmiralAel'sRory1707Lizzy777ashleytingerSoul ScreamAtolmStarCruisersrspicer
    Looking great!
    Checking clearances and testing with normal colors. And yeah, there are mesh errors from chamfering. Typical for max just gotta return the edges.
    emissary-0596.jpg

emissary-0597.jpg
    emissary-0598.jpg
    BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamAel'sLizzy777AtolmRory1707StarCruisercaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    Figured as these went on twitter to at least show I post vs just making snarky comments I should maybe post em here too.
    Simple wireframe displays of the ship.
    emissary-0599.png
    emissary-0600.png

Also a simple note I have about 500MB left on this branch account so there will be a jump to the back up soon. While this wont affect SFM much it might impact the blog as WIP 2 will likely occur, meaning the old wip blog will not get updates. I have no plans to alter stuff in storage.

I am also reconsidering streaming again. I just need to figure out how to set things up. Not to mention how to manage audio as I have nothing except some 90s era mics. I would need a compressor and a noise gate (think that is the term) to silence house noise. No idea if these exist as a software solution vs spending big $$$ on hdw.
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralAel'sSoul ScreamStarCruiserLizzy777raztov
    Working on all the little bumps and misc bits while I mull over those forward plates. Keep in mind the bits leading out to the nacelles are going to be cut into that part and not be extruded details. ATM I am replicating the spacing of the drawing but I feel the spacing is a bit too tight.

emissary-0601.jpg
    Rory1707Ael'sSoul ScreamStarCruiserLizzy777
    Sweet wires. I’m not sure if it’s obvious from the original bottom drawing, but are there any plans to be any number of lifeboats on the bottom as well? I know Atolm also checks in here from time to time, so I figured I’d ask. Either way, everything is looking great.
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    The level of detail in this is quite stunning.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    The colors make it pop.
    Sweet wires. I’m not sure if it’s obvious from the original bottom drawing, but are there any plans to be any number of lifeboats on the bottom as well? I know Atolm also checks in here from time to time, so I figured I’d ask. Either way, everything is looking great.

Given the thickness of this area and the amount of machinery and systems that would fill this area. I would expect crew numbers here would be fairly light and also due to the nacelles and all the overhangs on the bottom if there are any they would be on the top surface of the flat areas.

I would also expect there to be stored escape vehicles behind some of the cargo doors sort of like was seen in the Saratoga escape sequence.

Render shows a wider spacing on those cutters.
    emissary-0602.jpg
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerlennier1Rory1707Ael'sSoul ScreamLizzy777caveat_imperatorwolfman
    Here are the bits cut in, not sold on the glows so those might just go away.
    emissary-0603.jpg

emissary-0604.jpg
    Rory1707caveat_imperatorLizzy777BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamAel'swolfman
    Hmmmm… yeah, not sure on the glow… what about if maybe they only glow while the ship is at warp?
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    That glowing bits looks a bit strange indeed... Maybe a light blue would fits better? And, you could make the center (the rounded retangles) a bit darker and less reflective.
    I believe you choose the actual blue tone to harmonize with the warp, so, a lighter blue maybe won´t be an option for you. So, glowing only when at warp would be an option as BolianAdmiral sugested.
    Dan, is always a pleasure to see the development of your meshes, all the little bits, textures and detalis you put over them. B)
    I´m curious... Looks like the blue light comes from inside the geometry. Could you explain a bit how you achieved that effect?
    edited April 2022 #2641
    Nah that blue was just chosen to isolate it from the rest of the hull color for processing them I have not gone in and replaced materials. The inset areas are also a med dark gray, it is all the spill from the lum surfaces making it look blue. I might likely pull off the one closest to the nacelle.

Placed some ehhh lifeboats in positions that are kinda clear of overhanging crap. Also messed with the bussards as I got sick of how they looked.
    emissary-0606.jpg
    Rory1707caveat_imperatorStarshipBolianAdmiralwolfmanLizzy777Soul ScreamAel's