Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Panels
    emissary-0511.jpg
    Soul ScreamLizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralLoopholeMcCcaveat_imperatorAtolmStarCruisersrspicerand 1 other.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Panels are looking awesome. I love the detailing on and around the impulse housing, too.
    Thanks, bunch of decals on the tan panel;s and the start on the greebs in the holes above the impulse assembly.

emissary-0513.jpg
    McCLizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralSoul Screamashleytingercaveat_imperatorAtolmStarCruisersrspicer
    Some more details. Spent last few days grinding for "boobcurtain" and "purplegoth" in GI so progress was slow. (just google Shenhe and Yun Jin) Then again speed has been slow as a norm lately for me.

emissary-0517.jpg

BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamLizzy777Hunter GRory1707caveat_imperatorAtolmStarCruisersrspicer
    Ooooooohhh…
    Decided some of these parts are to crispy so going through and increasing chamfers and rounding. Dunno where my brain was on this.

emissary-0520.jpg

emissary-0521.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777caveat_imperatorRory1707Soul ScreamAtolmStarCruiser
    edited January 2022 #2588
    Taking a break and planning out panels, most of the work is invisible as it is the tedious job of straitening edges so I can be lazy later on and also avoid panels cutting across geometry edges.
    emissary-0524.jpg

emissary-0525.png

Ignore the turned edge smoothing error.
    emissary-0526.jpg

Did them in a even spacing but the image it clearly uneven width so there will be more tuning to do.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777Rory1707Soul Screamcaveat_imperatorAtolmStarCruisersrspicer
  • Soul ScreamSoul Scream20 DearbornPosts: 13Member
    Fantastic detailing.
    Sub panels in. Need to step them back from the edges more(front to back) I think I need to add more blue to the material for these panels too. Before I touch any of the one forward of these I will need to readdress the spacing as even spacing does not seem to work out to match the image fully.
    emissary-0528.jpg
    emissary-0529.jpg
    BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamwolfmanRory1707Lizzy777AtolmStarCruisersrspicercaveat_imperator
    I’m kinda digging the Chris Foss look, lol.
    lol, I had the same thought when it rendered out the last post prior. Sadly it is only just delineated to help me see where panels will be. In the past this would be so I could quick select the panels but in this case I think I will likely be chamfering in the edges not extruding the faces. But we will see as the dark blue and dark teal panels are inset to the main panels. So those will likely be extruded out of the mains. I am figuring the rear panel sets are going to have the same set up as the ones closer to the bridge as the dark blue ones do not really show that "outline" of a larger panel.

In the renders I am just splitting off the larger panels for the inset blue ones so I can see how front to back placement sits on the hull itself.

emissary-0530.jpg
    emissary-0531.jpg
    emissary-0532.jpg
    BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamRory1707Lizzy777AtolmStarCruisersrspicercaveat_imperator
    Sweeet... that middle render is a sexy angle... ;)
    Test run with all the grids in and rounded and the inner panels extruded. I am planning to add a few segments of panels aft of this strip to fill in the extension of the shuttle bay. Last render shows where I need to adjust the widths of the larger panels so the patterned teal parts match the image better.
    emissary-0534.jpg
    emissary-0535.jpg
    emissary-0536.jpg
    BolianAdmiralSoul ScreamLizzy777Rory1707AtolmStarCruisercaveat_imperator
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    I think it must be Starfleet ships color is ghost gray and light blue only on hall. They never use a yellow hall. (I hate yellow) Where is the windows?
    How about reading the thread some. . . . . .
    Soul ScreamBolianAdmiralashleytingerVortex5972
    edited January 2022 #2597
    Ok the upper and lower sub panels are now the same material so you can better see how they will lay out. I am still mulling over the space between the what will be blue panels and the tan area which will be main hull color as seen in the drawing. EG the vertical gap.
    emissary-0538.jpg

Note everything aft of the teal wasp waist area is temp, as this is the area that is not seen and of course likely to change. Requirements are that the teal is full coverage at the aft and waisted towards the front as the panels clearly angle in to the central super in the drawing.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Soul ScreamRory1707caveat_imperatorStarCruiser
    Bunch of adjustments to all the various cuts and panels.
    emissary-0540.jpg
    emissary-0541.jpg
    Soul ScreamashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmiralRory1707caveat_imperatorStarCruiser
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I love that pattern.
    Started chamfering out the grids and extruding the blue panels. Chamfered grids are just black decals atm they will be extruded in like the superstructure grids once I am done. I am also slowly rounding the teal cuts but I not extruding them out yet as I need to define the inner blue panels as well as the possible complication of the panels themselves.
    Still working out the colors, I tried the matching the blue in the image but it was just to saturated and contrasty. Even the current teal is just a bit strong. I have left a lot of it so it DOES have that contrast for WIP mode.
    emissary-0542.jpg
    render shows adjusted colors. . ignore any possible smoothing errors.
    emissary-0543.jpg
    Also need to figure out what changed here as the main new posts tab keep crashing, probably one of the dependencies the backbone relies on.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Soul ScreamRory1707StarCruiser
    I like it. The amazing technicolor starship. 😁
    Heh stick some animated pngs or mkv files as textures with stoner rainbow unicorn puke in the lum slot.

Only 4 panels to go and 3 grids. Here is a full render of all the bits and the updated panel colors. Green is still a flat surface as mentioned earlier.
    emissary-0544.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777caveat_imperatorSoul ScreamRory1707StarCruisersrspicer
    plates and grids done least in this stage.
    emissary-0545.jpg
    emissary-0546.jpg
    emissary-0547.jpg
    ashleytingercaveat_imperatorSoul ScreamLizzy777Rory1707BolianAdmiralAtolmStarCruiserRekkertwolfmanand 1 other.
    That's looking great! My only small suggestion might be to slightly increase the saturation on the non-teal blue on the inboard sides, as they look slightly more saturated on the illustration, and in the renders it looks a bit too soft in comparison to the teal, but that might just be my eyes. The transporter emitters and all details are looking magnificent.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Great coloration
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    This is really looking phenomenal! :)
    BolianAdmiral
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I'm loving this build more and more
    BolianAdmiral
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Have to agree with the others, you've developed detailing your ships into an art form.
    BolianAdmiral
    I had drabbed the blue down as there are so many competing colors on this ship. So here is a go of a darker blue. Tonally it is about the same as the teal now. I am working off the idea that all of those inner areas in the drawing are in "shadow" such as the base panels that are light blue are hull color.
    emissary-0550.jpg

Also as looking at this front view I need to do something with all those converging hull panel lines and the similar teal bits at the nose. Too much junk collecting there and is getting visually messy. I will likely end those panel lines running parallel to the central teal tapered inset. That or have them run off the side and end into the larger panels flanking it. KIM all of these will be extruded in like they are on the central hull panels so they will not be as bold as they are now.
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777Rory1707Soul ScreamsrspicerAtolm
    Yeah, I think it looks fine like that now. The ship does have a lot of color going on, lol, which is cool… I kind of like ships like that, such as the Ambassador and so on.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very, very pretty!
    BolianAdmiral