Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Constitution Reboot (Finished)

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Ael's wrote: »
    Greetings Hunter, I've to thank you for those beauties, even if it was unconsciously done I inspired myself of the above shots and used this "Foggy Glass" look on my most recent ship, thanks again for doing such beautiful shots and most importantly beautiful ships !
    Awesome, they're looking good! The angular style is similar to how I like to design 25th century ships

Ael's
    Saucer panel lines are done:
    2WH1WHI.jpg
    SzgQEfY.jpg
    I have to figure out how to turn down the noise filter, it tends to smooth out the lines sometimes
    rojrenRory1707Ael'sLizzy777ashleytingerwibbleSoul ScreamMcCcaveat_imperatorxiaorobearand 3 others.
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    So beautiful! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
    A quick test of the new bussards:
    https://i.imgur.com/QBnpfgr.mp4
    lennier1Lizzy777Soul ScreamRory1707Ael'sMcCsrspicercaveat_imperatorStarCruiser
  • Soul ScreamSoul Scream20 DearbornPosts: 13Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    A quick test of the new bussards:
    https://i.imgur.com/QBnpfgr.mp4

Beautiful.
    Hunter G
    Awesome! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
    Experimenting with the deflector. I tried a sort of satellite dish look. I'm not sure I'll keep this look:
    nNDqM4L.jpg
    Rory1707Soul ScreamLizzy777caveat_imperatorMcCAel'swibbleStarCruiserscifierictrekkiand 3 others.
    Nice approach my friend! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
    I like it, I think it works well with the rest of the design.
    Rory1707Hunter G
    I think I'm going to try again on the deflector. In the meantime, the engineering hull panel lines are done:

lwKOf9Y.png
    Soul ScreamraztovStarCruiserscifierictrekkiwibbleLizzy777ashleytingerRory1707McCand 4 others.
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice!
    Hunter G
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Really nice. Not sure right now if you have shown that yet, but I especially like that the details on the underside of the secondary hull are physical detail and not just a paint job. It looks to me like this could actually become the final version of this project.
    Hunter G
    wibble wrote: »
    Really nice. Not sure right now if you have shown that yet, but I especially like that the details on the underside of the secondary hull are physical detail and not just a paint job. It looks to me like this could actually become the final version of this project.
    Yeah I don't think I've shown that yet:
    71xQoCW.jpg
    This is the farthest I've gotten, so I'm sticking with it until the end! I'd say it's 70% done.

LoopholetrekkiLizzy777froggi3Soul ScreamwibbleashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryraztovRory1707and 4 others.
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    As I said, really nice. Do you have an idea what the circle thing is? I always thought it would be a good loading point for the anti-matter tanks.
    Hunter G
    wibble wrote: »
    As I said, really nice. Do you have an idea what the circle thing is? I always thought it would be a good loading point for the anti-matter tanks.

That is exactly what I'm thinking! It will slide out like a magazine, nice and easy
    edited February 2022 #617
    I started on the windows, first by planning the decks. You'll notice some of the decks are different heights. I gave the saucer larger decks since that's where the living areas are, and engineering the smallest to make room for equipment. The neck as the highest since most of it is piping, cables, turbo light shaft, and stairs. And that doesn't mean every room has the same height either, I figure decks don't all have to align perfectly. Think split level house.
    czGKLGv.jpg
    I also put bare bones interiors inside.
    IvnaNnx.jpg
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    wibbleRory1707scifiericashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777Soul Screamcaveat_imperatorProviFXVALKYRIE013and 3 others.
    Awesome job my friend! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    My understanding was the circle on the underside of the hull is the emergency eject panel where the warp core exits.
    Hunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Yup.
    This is it.
    You GET IT with this great version of the Constitution class.
    Adds just enough detail to appease current sensibilities, yet loses none of the original's essence.
    Get's my vote as a great refit for Captain Pike's Strange New Worlds Enterprise, and would be believable as such.
    If only...
    Hunter G
    Rory1707 wrote: »
    Awesome job my friend! 🖖🏾
    shipfisher wrote: »
    Yup.
    This is it.
    You GET IT with this great version of the Constitution class.
    Adds just enough detail to appease current sensibilities, yet loses none of the original's essence.
    Get's my vote as a great refit for Captain Pike's Strange New Worlds Enterprise, and would be believable as such.
    If only...

Thanks! The whole point is to prove that an update can be done well. I think I started thinking about it back when 2009 came out. And now Discovery fueled me to start this up again haha.
    srspicer wrote: »
    My understanding was the circle on the underside of the hull is the emergency eject panel where the warp core exits.

I do think it works better as the Anti matter tank. I guess I prefer horizontal warp cores on Starfleet ships. It just makes more sense with the cylindrical nature of most secondary hulls.

You can see the warp core, machinery and piping, and the deck plans for the neck below. I do want to do complete deck plans, but I'll consider this model done once I finish the windows and textures. Everything else is extra credit.
    3bQZpAV.jpg
    Ael'sSoul ScreamStarCruiserLizzy777Rory1707LoopholeRekkerttrekkiashleytingerwibbleand 6 others.
    I like how the deflector dish is directly tied into the warp core here. A pet concept of mine is that the deflector gives the space-time continuum a kick in the butt ahead of the ship to help with generating the warp field. Even if not, a direct feed from the core would suit what must be a pretty heavy power requirement. Designs withe the deflector dish hanging off a flimsy mount suspended from the primary saucer never sat well with me.
    Soul Screamwibblecaveat_imperatorHunter G
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Love the interior layout. Where/how does the warp core eject?
    Thanks
    Hunter G
    Thanks

Please forgive the bad form in my addressing a question not directed to me, but I am a cranky old boomer and warp core ejection is another trek-tech concept on my "doesn't sit well" list. Seems to me that warp cores are just reaction chambers - cut off the anti-matter supply and it becomes a very complex, but inert, bit of kit. Ejecting them strikes me as a "tossing the baby with the bath water" scenario. A more likely problem is anti-matter storage cell containment failure. I only mention this because it looks to me like an anti-matter storage facility is what's positioned to be ejected in that lovely internal layout.

Knowing warp core ejection is a canon fact, I once again apologize for sticking my oar in.
    Soul ScreamHunter Gscifieric
    Here's the rest of the engineering hull windows:
    2hs4J0K.jpg
    The windows are slightly different on each side:
    fkhnVjI.jpg
    ynfPofv.jpg
    I like how the deflector dish is directly tied into the warp core here. A pet concept of mine is that the deflector gives the space-time continuum a kick in the butt ahead of the ship to help with generating the warp field. Even if not, a direct feed from the core would suit what must be a pretty heavy power requirement. Designs withe the deflector dish hanging off a flimsy mount suspended from the primary saucer never sat well with me.

Yeah, that's why I put the deflector on my Saladin at the front of the saucer. If it's hanging off it just looks like a satellite dish
    Thanks
    Thanks

Please forgive the bad form in my addressing a question not directed to me, but I am a cranky old boomer and warp core ejection is another trek-tech concept on my "doesn't sit well" list. Seems to me that warp cores are just reaction chambers - cut off the anti-matter supply and it becomes a very complex, but inert, bit of kit. Ejecting them strikes me as a "tossing the baby with the bath water" scenario. A more likely problem is anti-matter storage cell containment failure. I only mention this because it looks to me like an anti-matter storage facility is what's positioned to be ejected in that lovely internal layout.

Knowing warp core ejection is a canon fact, I once again apologize for sticking my oar in.

That's a good answer, I do think that makes more sense. They could simply disconnect the antimatter pod, or eject it if it's really bad. Though the warp core could eject from the front with the deflector in the rare case it's needed.

Lizzy777Soul ScreamRory1707Ael'swibbleStarCruiserMcCcaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    A truly beautiful rendition of this starship. Wonderful work.
    Hunter G
    Awesome starship my friend. Looking forward to the final renders! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
    I like the asymmetrical window layout on the engineering hull being consistent with the port & starboard interior compartments not being mirror images of each other.

Satellite dishes! With all due respect to Franz Joseph, that's the perfect description of how the deflectors looked on his Hermes/Saladin and Ptolemy designs. Then his dreadnought packs both fore and aft dishes, inferring they do indeed have a tactical application that would suit some heavy duty support machinery. That nice, big channel/conduit between the deflector and the core in your reboot suggests to me a "big gun" option a la TNG:Best Of Both Worlds, where the deflector was used for a Hail Mary, direct core discharge shot at the borg, even though I think they supposedly cooked the dish doing it.

I keep liking this reboot more and more Hunter G. It keeps the 1960's child in me that 1st fell in love with the original happy, while acknowledging the grand, old lady benefits from having a nip and a tuck to suit modern aesthetics.
    Soul ScreamRory1707StarCruiserHunter G
    I appreciate it! I do like having the engineering hull serve a more engineering function. There are a few lounge areas, but 99% of recreational areas are in the primary hull.

And finally, the modeling is pretty much done. I may add a few details here and there later. Enjoy some full shots:
    8Gj7dNE.png
    bKZL71F.png
    Next step: texturing. I've never gotten this far before, wish me luck!
    rojrendarkthunderRory1707Soul ScreamLoopholepubliusrLizzy777trekkiAel'sfroggi3and 10 others.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    The way a TOS Connie reboot should be. Respect the old, update with some new.

And do my eyes spy 3 "torpedo tubes" in the forward saucer section? That's an interesting update from the classic. Not saying I dislike (on the contrary). Just different from what most versions have :)
    Hunter Gsrspicer
    Good luck with the texturing my friend, I’m sure you’ll do great! 🖖🏾
    Hunter G