Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Hades

Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
edited January 2022 in Work in Progress #1
Raw Image direct from the renderer. Production Model....ENJOY....
Post edited by Alan E on
rojrenpubliusrscifiericraztovBridgerLizzy777wolfmanBolianAdmiralwibblejapetusand 1 other.

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Welcome to Scifi-Meshes Alan. :)

If you use the other button to attach your images, they'll show up inline and on the forum index.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Nice, when you say production model, do you mean the actual Zoic studio model?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    edited December 2021 #4
    I have access to it if i needed it, but I built my own mercury class versions along time ago, and made subtle differences to keep them apart so each battlestar is unique in it's own way, even the textures and paneling are different. Not just a copy with a different name. The above is the production version that will be used in future for a new film. The original was made in lightwave, however I have spent a great deal time, converting the lightwave versions, to 3ds max, with both Vray and Arnold texturing. The above was rendered in 3ds max 2022 with vray next 5.1. I forgot to add, the above render is withouts it's Grungy dirtmap and displacement map.

Regards
    Alan
    Post edited by Alan E on
    Bridgerwibble
  • BridgerBridger341 Posts: 22Member
    Looks really great!

Allow me to ask are you the gentleman who created the The Battle at Helios Delta 6 video?
    Here is another Battlestar I built, and I have quite a lot. Not many have seen this one, apart from lee stringer, kelley meyers, eric chu and few others I think. Ultra High Poly, Ultra high detail. You can zoom in as close as you want without losing any detail. All textures are16k textures at 2000dpi which I'm still working on. I will only show the Occlusion passes ATM. But you get the idea where I'm going. :) Enjoy the eye candy.

Battlestar Aries:
    Length : 1660.2 Mtrs

BridgerLizzy777
    Looks very good
    Bridger wrote: »
    Looks really great!

Allow me to ask are you the gentleman who created the The Battle at Helios Delta 6 video?

Yes I Am Sir.

Bridger
    2pmpdv0rfnws.jpg
    Looks very good

BridgerLizzy777BolianAdmiralwibblewolfman
    nzfuryzfqro6.jpg
    BridgerLizzy777BolianAdmiralwibble
    pfhoq6klcz0d.jpg
    BridgerLizzy777BolianAdmiralwibblewolfman
    iro75502gi0n.jpg
    Assets_04_zioc_Alan_Elder
    BridgerLizzy777BolianAdmiral
    Alan E wrote: »
    Yes I Am Sir.

That was and is an absolutely brilliant piece of work.

Battlestar Pacifica

bj69lioo1r45.jpg

Lizzy777BridgerBolianAdmiralwibblewolfman
    hlc3rbty9tps.jpg
    Lizzy777BridgerwolfmanBolianAdmiralwibble
    qdxen1fd6fox.jpg
    Lizzy777BridgerwolfmanBolianAdmiralwibblejapetus
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Beautiful ships!
    Yes I Am Sir.

That was and is an absolutely brilliant piece of work.

Lol...wait till you see the new stuff. Alot of people will be shocked. Really really shocked....

Bridger
    edited December 2021 #20
    s33t5aevmdnh.jpg
    Beautiful ships!

Thankyou.....
    Post edited by Alan E on
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Bridgerwolfmangpdesigner
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    The above is the production version that will be used in future for a new film.

You say there is a new Battlestar Galactica movie coming? That's thrilling news. How likely is it? Or is it just ideas and plans that still can be cancelled?

wibble wrote: »
    The above is the production version that will be used in future for a new film.

You say there is a new Battlestar Galactica movie coming? That's thrilling news. How likely is it? Or is it just ideas and plans that still can be cancelled?

ftd1bjfj8hk6.jpg
    Lizzy777
    The above is Battlestar Hades...Direct from the renderer....
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Looks awesome, I'm working on a colonial fleet myself. I'm very curious to see what the new series looks like!
    japetus wrote: »
    Looks awesome, I'm working on a colonial fleet myself. I'm very curious to see what the new series looks like!

I cannot say too much atm...I think a lot of fans, people will be taken by suprise. It's all I can say atm. I have thrown up a few finalized shots from the renderer of Battlestar Hades. Some may find it a little off...like too much bump etc etc...But during R&D we had a lot more flexability to soften it up after all the lighting passes were completed and composited in Blackmagic Fusion & nuke. So we created a default look, and each shot is tailored to that shot. All the lights, on all battlestars and Basestars are grouped, in individual layers. I made a special script to render all these layers of lights in individual groups, so each lighting layer, is easily adjustable in the compositor but from one render pass. Like EXR on steroids.
    japetus

Always happy too have a chat and correspond with a fellow artist. If your working on a colonial fleet, I'd like to hear your thoughts and compare notes.
    edited January 2022 #27
    MKVII Viper Battlestar Prometheus Daylight Render...

4172v64hbqmd.jpg

Post edited by Alan E on
    Lizzy777wolfman
    Hades hanger deck....partial...ca33j3i6csvf.png
    Lizzy777gpdesigner
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member

I cannot say too much atm...I think a lot of fans, people will be taken by suprise. It's all I can say atm. I have thrown up a few finalized shots from the renderer of Battlestar Hades. Some may find it a little off...like too much bump etc etc...But during R&D we had a lot more flexability to soften it up after all the lighting passes were completed and composited in Blackmagic Fusion & nuke. So we created a default look, and each shot is tailored to that shot. All the lights, on all battlestars and Basestars are grouped, in individual layers. I made a special script to render all these layers of lights in individual groups, so each lighting layer, is easily adjustable in the compositor but from one render pass. Like EXR on steroids.

I´m anxiouslly waiting for news. B)
    Closeup of Battlestar Hades Engines Topside.nwi8fir3dn9a.jpg
    Lizzy777Bridgerwolfmangpdesigner
    edited January 2022 #31
    Battlestar Hades.
    94g4he3o9qc3.jpg

Post edited by Alan E on
    Lizzy777tonygardnerscifiericSoul ScreamBridgerBrandenbergStarCruiserwolfmangpdesigner