Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Excellent update.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Awesome job my friend! One of the best designs you’ve created thus far IMO! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Here's a thought: The newly added big light thingy near the viewscreen, how about a Holo Communicator in that location as replacement? =)
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I always found it odd how the Defiant had the only main viewscreen without any row of blinky lights…
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @DoctorShmullus: Thanks so much, it was a fun project to work on, pretty much brand new stuff for me which is weird these days. :lol:

@jpolk: Glad you do, thanks for the suggestion!

@ashleytinger: Hahaha, indeed! That's how I see the Akira-Class so it's fitting. :)

@Nevets: Thanks! I will do some tests, but the Defiant didn't have the most thrilling red alert lighting, so I'll see about changing it a bit, maybe make the bridge darker.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@Rory1707: Thanks so much Rory!

@darkthunder: I really don't like that holo-communicator thing, plus the timeline wouldn't work if this is meant to be the ship as it was in First Contact (before the experimental holo-communicator appeared in DS9).

@BolianAdmiral: Yeah, I agree. Guess there wasn't much room left for them given how cramped that viewscreen was! I did some quick tests to add blinkies on the Thunderchild screen, but I kinda dig not having them; it's a change of pace from all the other bridges. :)

Finished the LCARS keyboards! As mentioned above I'll do some tests about doing a red alert version, but other than that it's finished now!

tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1637404614
    Rory1707darkthunderLizzy777trekkiBolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusStarCruiserAel's
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    @Rekkert: I have a suggestion on the red alert version. On the original Enterprise the helm console, there was a pylon that flashed red during alerts. Why not use the blue diagram of the Thunderchild between the helm controls? Turn it yellow during yellow alerts and red during red alerts. Darken the bridge lights and use the above lightings to give it a red tint. Just a suggestion. 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    edited November 2021 #3458
    IIRC, there was a similar thingy built into the helm console of the Defiant, at least in Way of the Warrior.

gskkjiswpry1.png
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    darkthunderRory1707Rekkert
    edited December 2021 #3459
    @Rory1707: Yeah, I originally intended to have a red alert indicator there, though it didn't work out as I wanted, and making the ship's schematic turn red doesn't look good IMO. I'll keep experimenting with red alert stuff tomorrow.

@BolianAdmiral: Indeed, that indicator was there all through the series, and on the original 'The Search' version of the bridge all stations had one identical to that one above the keyboards, they were removed for subsequent episodes.

I did one final change to the bridge as I had all the labels indicating this is deck 1, despite the bridge on the Akira being on deck 4, so I've corrected this. The red alert thingy I wanted to do didn't work as I planned, I'll try some more stuff for it tomorrow. In the meantime, here are the finished 'green alert' renders!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1639493715
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1639493725
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1639493731
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1639493741
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1639493747
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1639493752
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1639493758
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1639493774
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1639493780
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1639493787
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-thunderchild-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1639493945
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiraldarkthunderashleytingerRory1707Lizzy777trekkiDoctorShmullusStarCruiserpaulbhartzogLeoBerlinand 3 others.
    Absolutely beautiful bridge. Definitely one of my favorites of the ones you’ve made. Probably my favorite so far.
    Rory1707darkthunderRekkertscifieric
    Just a quick suggested layout for bridge stations, since this is a "warship":

Positioned First Officer at a side station close to the Captain. Easier access to the rest of the bridge, being able to turn and face either viewscreen or Captain, as well as standing up and holding onto the rail.

Engineering on opposite side of the bridge from the First Officer, close access to the Turbolift, and similar access to turning and facing the viewscreen or Captain.

Positioned Mission Ops I and II at the aft stations. These two stations make sense to keep together, and with there only being 2 stations in the back, it seemed to fit well here.

Positioned Helm and Tactical at Forward stations (similar to Star Trek: Bridge Commander). Tactical on this bridge makes more sense here, rather than being a side or aft station, facing away from whatever danger is close.

Operations likewise makes more sense along the side stations, with more and larger displays for information. Same goes for Science on the opposite side of the bridge.

Lastly, in lieu of additional science stations (which are more prevalent on ships like the Intrepid or Galaxy classes), a dedicated warship would want dedicated stations for Damage Control and Environmental.

tjdvnsc7j885.png
    Lizzy777DoctorShmullusStarCruiserRekkertpaulbhartzogHunter GAel'sscifieric
    edited November 2021 #3462
    Absolutely beautiful my friend. I really really love this bridge. My favorite so far and as usual… Outstanding job! 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Rekkert
    Rekkert; is the distance between the railing and the aft station chairs the same as the distance between the railing and the side station chairs? Because maybe it's an optical illusion with the cutaway view, but it seems like it's a REALLY tight squeeze to walk between the railing behind the Captain's chair and the aft stations. Like I said, maybe it's an illusion due to the angle of the shot.
    Rekkertscifieric
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Simply super good, beautiful!
    Rekkertscifieric
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Love the finished version, as always. My mind is already thinking ahead to how I might redress this for a possible future commission.
    Rekkert
    edited December 2021 #3466
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks mate! I must admit it's one of my own favorites hahaha. Regarding the distance between the rails and the aft chairs, yeah it's identical to those on the sides, it's just an optical illusion thing due to the angle of the cutaway.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-11-22-00-41-47.jpg?1637607522
    Here's another render that shows just how much space there is back there:
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1639493767

@darkthunder: All the stations are indeed labeled, clockwise they are:
    Behind the Captain: Ops (where the XO seats, close to the Captain); and Communications
    On the port side: Tactical I; Engineering; Environment
    On the starboard side: Mission Ops; Science; Tactical II

The two central consoles are somewhat redundant, due to how many times in DS9 we see the Defiant is dead in the water when the single helm is taken out. So they're both able to pilot the ship *and* fire weapons (again just like in DS9, where the helm sometimes handled weapons despite having two dedicated Tactical consoles).

@Rory1707: Thanks so much mate!

@trekki: Thanks!

@richiewilch: lol, looking forward to it! Must admit I already have some ideas for redresses, but not stuff I'm planning on doing for personal project.

After some days of tweaks and tests, here are the red alert renders. In the end I decided to also modify the central helm display when in red alert, and the small rectangular LCARS element at the very top of it becomes a flashing red alert light.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1639493911
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1639493919
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01r.jpg?1639493933
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01r.jpg?1639493939
    BolianAdmiraldarkthunderRory1707DoctorShmullusTenaciousMCLizzy777ashleytingerpaulbhartzogLeoBerlinHunter Gand 2 others.
    Understood. I guess I'm just stuck in the "standard" mentality of most bridges. There wasn't anything standard about the Defiant, so I should expect nothing less with this bridge 😁

Love the Red Alert lighting.
    Rekkert
    @Rekkert: I love your bridge lay out and station labels. Great update on the red alert lighting. Permission to come aboard sir. 🖖🏾
    Rekkertscifieric
    If the Akira’s bridge is on deck 4, anyone know what deck the Steamrunner’s bridge is on?
    Rekkert
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Be nice to see a different colour voyager bridge done for a change
    Rekkert
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Really love this as a variation on the standard bridges. On many bridges, the variations are too subtle and you don't get the feeling of a real variant. This one does. It also has some great sight lines for renders !

@Rekkert
    Rekkert
    edited November 2021 #3472
    @darkthunder: Haha, I get it, no worries. :)

@Rory1707: Granted sir, granted!

@BolianAdmiral: The Steamrunner's on deck 1, the bridge module's visible from a side view at the very top of the ship. On the original ILM model, the official ortho views from the Fact Files, and even the Eaglemoss 3D reproduction, it's always the very top.

@paulbhartzog: Thanks! Yeah, I get what you mean regarding variations, that's what happens when doing 100+ interiors lol.

Well, @scragnog from the old Stage 9 team is at it again, enjoy his video showcase on the Thunderchild bridge! This is done in Unreal so logically the lighting and materials are different to the Blender renders.
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralRory1707DoctorShmullusmavekraztovLizzy777LeoBerlinZoidZillaWarp Propulsion Laboratoryand 4 others.
    I think this is not only my favorite bridge that you’ve made, Rekkert, but I think now it’s my favorite Trek bridge, period. Such a beautiful video!
    Rory1707Rekkert
    @Rekkert: I agree with @BolianAdmiral this video is amazing by @scragnog and this is my favorite Trek bridge. Well done my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    I had a thought earlier about some of your previous WIP designs posted here, and wondered if you'd ever finished the 24th Century version of the NX bridge that you shared here last year? From the last WIP image, I thought that it was a really cool design.
    Rekkert
    The Defiant bridge is basically a 24th century NX bridge. The two shared the same basic floor plan, with just obvious cosmetic changes.
    Rekkert
    Oh, I certainly agree, I was just curious about the wip images that Rekkert posted last year. Remember being quite keen to see how it came together. I always liked the look of the NX Bridge set, so was quite interested to see how it would come together.
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I love that Borg cube reveal. It's spooky that the ship is facing down a cube, is at red alert, and the bridge crew is missing. Did they get assimilated?
    Rekkertscifieric
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    edited January 2022 #3479
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks mate, that's high praise for the Thunderchild bridge coming from you! :D

@richiewilch: That would be the USS Columbia bridge, I'm still working on it from time to time, though it's one of the many rooms that were affected by the initial wave of Covid and were put on the back burner. It's 80% done at this stage, I should just focus on it for a while and get it done, but as I'll mention below it's not that simple right now.

@Warp Propulsion Laboratory: The fact that there's no crew is simply due to the fact we lack any sort of crew models' I'd love to get into that branch of modeling but it's a whole different world. The idea to add the borg cube was mine as Scragnog wanted to do the ship in red alert, so it's in a sense how the ship would've looked like during the battle of Sector 001. You just have to use your imagination for the crew. :p

Oh wow it's been a while since I posted. Summer came around these parts and as pretty much always that means power outages. And when it doesn't mean power outages, it means internet outages because other parts of the city don't have power. So, yeah, December and now January are proving extremely slow because of this.

Someone who's been firing on all cylinders though is @scragnog, who's produced a few other flybys of interiors. First is a VHS filtered showcase of the USS Ross bridge, with some LCARS replaced by animated versions provided by Adge's lcars.org.uk: You can watch it here.

He also did an alternate, "clean" version for people who couldn't watch the VHS filtered one due to epilepsy or other conditions: You can watch it here.

And finally my favorite of his yet, a showcase of the USS Potemkin shuttlebay: You can watch it here.

As for myself, the only thing in general I was able to produce, simply due to how quick it was to do, was a redress of the Thunderchild bridge for @Rory1707, which uses the colors of the Emmett Till bridge and thus ends up looking a lot darker and more battleship-like; despite this, in-universe the Athena is meant mainly as an exploratory vessel. Here are a couple renders of the Athena bridge, a lot more are on my portfolio.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1639624354
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1639624411
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-artemis-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1639624444
    wibblerojrenmdtatrekkiDoctorShmullusRory1707Lizzy777BolianAdmiralcaveat_imperatorTenaciousMCand 3 others.
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    If you are doing the animations in Unreal, you can use metahumans for the crew.
    Rekkert
    Interesting variant.
    Rekkert