Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    @Rekkert Have you seen anything from Lower Decks, that you have felt should be realised in your more realistic "live action" take?
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautiful render my friend. As always love your attention to detail. 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    edited October 2021 #3364
    I actually really like that… especially the purple carpet.

EDIT: I also love that it’s a FASA ship.
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    edited October 2021 #3365
    mdta wrote: »
    @Rekkert Have you seen anything from Lower Decks, that you have felt should be realised in your more realistic "live action" take?
    The bridge of that upgraded Excelsior in the season finale would be right up his alley.

apaha37ck6r8.png
    Post edited by lennier1 on
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Excellent work per usual.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @Rory1707: Thanks mate!

@BolianAdmiral:Thanks! I love the purple carpet as well, it works amazingly with the 2290's aesthetic IMO.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@mdta and @lennier1: Yup, last week I did do a test of the Archimedes bridge which I posted over on Twitter, keeping the overall design while adding more detail in areas where I feel a live action set would have it. Unfortunately I don't have the time to finish it right now, as much as I'd love to; so just like the Cerritos bridge it's on standby until I have the time and motivation to do it.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-10-20-18-44-57.jpg?1634766520
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-10-20-18-45-13.jpg?1634766528
    BolianAdmiralRory1707mdtadarkthunderCaptain SerekLizzy777DoctorShmullus
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    @Rekkert I think Lower Decks just keeps getting better with it's background designs. Focus on the commissions that make you money, and I will still keep appreciating every new image you post on here!
    Rekkert
    Here's another commission that started a while back but ended up taking longer than expected: the bridge of the Galaxy-Class USS Endurance NCC-1914-A. My client wanted it to feature an extended viewscreen that goes into the ceiling, and after several different tests we ended up replacing the ceiling lights entirely with a gigantic viewport, while keeping the structural "ribs" to make it look a bit more interesting (and to provide some illumination). Other than the ceiling, there's an added star chart on the starboard wall next to the side consoles, and the dedication plaque was moved to the port side wall opposite this star chart.

Given the "fishbowl" effect this bridge has going, I've made three different sets of renders with different exteriors: a simple starfield, a blue nebula, and an orange star. You can see all three over on my portfolio (that way I don't post all 13 images here in one go). Here are just a few:

tadeo-d-oria-c1-nebula.jpg?1635006343
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-nebula.jpg?1635006349
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-sun.jpg?1635006380
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-sun.jpg?1635006387
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-endurance-a-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1635006401
    DoctorShmullusLeoBerlinCaptain SerekRory1707Lizzy777caveat_imperatormishasiegfriedTenaciousMCMustang13Camaro68
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    You've outdone yourself once again!
    It's been a technical/budget limitation of the TV productions that bridges never used form-fitting displays like that to use the ceiling as more than just a light source.
    Rekkert
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Now that looks like the bridge of an exploration cruiser. Nicely done.
    Rekkert
    Great work per usual.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    The lighting effect from the orange Star ones make it look like you can see the actual soundstage outside the windows… like there’s nothing there between the set and the outside.
    Rekkert
    Man, this bridge is outstanding. You’ve really out done yourself on this one my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
    Love the lighting on that Galaxy bridge! So killer!
    Rekkert
    edited November 2021 #3376
    Thanks for all the kind comments about the Endurance bridge! The ceiling was really a nice challenge to do (I had to add some thickness to the panels and make a bit of the exterior).

As if I didn't already had enough work with 7 commissions going on, a couple nights ago I had this idea for a bridge in the middle of the night and I couldn't keep it for later, so I went to work on it, and ended up staying up 36 hours because of it lol. After that frenzy (and a bit more work today) here's what I've got so far. It's essentially a larger bridge in same style as the Defiant's, with the usual "pit" most Starfleet bridges have at the center reverted into a raised area and connected to the doors, just like on the original "The Search" version of the Defiant bridge. I really liked this detail and I think it's a shame it was modified for the bridge's next appearance.

The chairs are super temporary, I have to redo them from scratch. I made this version 3 years ago for the Defiant bridge on Stage 9, which we never even got to finish anyway due to the C&D. They were the only element of the bridge of my doing, the rest was being worked on by MartianDays, who was our lead artist at the time.

As you can see most elements are here already, except for the Captain's area and the helm. I'll probably make a large, two person console for the helm, inspired on the Defiant's. Of course everything still super early and unfinished.

I'll probably make it the bridge of an Akira-Class ship; most likely the USS Thunderchild, as it's the only ship from the "First Contact fleet" of which I didn't design my own version of its bridge. I did do a commission of it, but as with all commissions the design was down to my client. Plus that was meant to be a refit of the Thunderchild 15 years after First Contact, so it isn't the movie's era version anyway.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1635886506
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-02.jpg?1635886512
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusLizzy777paulbhartzogMadKoiFishWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter G
    Looking good my friend. I always did like the Defiant bridge. Can’t wait for the end results! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    It never clicked in my head that section was raised on the Defiant bridge before. Huh. Very cool design!
    Rekkert
    I really like that.
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    edited November 2021 #3380
    This bridge definitely fits the aesthetic of the Akira Class. I can’t wait to follow the progress!
    Post edited by DoctorShmullus on
    Rekkert
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Yeah I like that Defiant-ish one. Different. Original. Nice.
    Rekkert
    Off to a good start, looking forward to it's completion.
    Rekkert
    Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad you're liking the direction of this one and think it matches the intended ship class.

Added more details all over the bridge: the central dome light; more details on the buttresses between the consoles; a properly modeled platform for the Captain's chair; and larger alcoves, with two doors each and space for the dedication plaque/replicator/random bits like what we see on the aft portion of the Defiant bridge.

I debated weather or not to keep the smaller Defiant-style doors instead of something bigger given the larger ship, but I decided to keep them simply due to how unique and different to other doors they are.

tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1635992853
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1635992859
    Rory1707BolianAdmiraltrekkiDoctorShmullusMadKoiFishashleytingerLizzy777darkthunder
    Nice! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very nice 👍
    Rekkert
    Sweet update.
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    edited November 2021 #3387
    I really like how you have also included the trim in the middle section of the consoles that the Defiant had in "The Search", which it never had again. Interested to see what you do with the forward console. Perhaps a lowered section in the platform, so as not to obscure the Captain's view? Are you also planning on modelling the Captains chair after the Defiant? Or using one of your own existing ones?
    Post edited by richiewilch on
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    Seeing as that the Akira was intended to be the battleship of the First Contact designs, at least according to Memory Alpha, keeping those aircraft carrier style doors seems like a good call.
    Rekkert
    Nice progress so far, keep it going.
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Looks exactly as I imagine a "large Defiant" would look like. Love the design so far. Captains chair and Helm/Ops console will be interesting to see.

Which station is for the First Officer? Standing room only...? 😋
    Rekkert
    Yeah, I’m curious to see if you’re planning to have the CONN/OPS be like on the Defiant/Pasteur/Voyager, or if you’ll have two separate stations.
    Rekkert