Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DShips of the Line 2022

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
A decade of this? Well least in paper 2012 being the first. lol
Anyhow a link to the calendar and now the sample images. (link is for US amazon, dunno where or who else sells it)
Some close up teasers.
sotl2022-websample-01.jpg
Work bees position a new injection housing.
sotl2022-websample-02.jpg
Mess leftover by a halfassed offloading of Shuttle #8
sotl2022-websample-03.jpg
Crewman inspects the emergency flush valves in the struts, while a workbee does a hull inspection in the background.
There are a few other extras but I doubt they show in print. such as people in windows and other trek tropes.
And the full image.
sotl2022-websample.jpg

All done in 3dsmax 2019, conversion to v-ray then composite done in Clip Studio Paint.
Each day we draw closer to the end.
rojrenGuerrillalennier1japetusLizzy777Billynom8raztovProviFXBolianAdmiralRedeyesand 7 others.
Tagged:

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Very nice. I've always liked the Balmung. :)

You've had a pic in every one of these for a decade? Only two more and you'll have enough for a solo calendar :p
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    Almost I think, short one due to that contest thing. Had considered collecting and doing a pdf freebie or something at one time and a few here and at I think f3d wanted to do one but nothing came of it.

And yeah, I think the bal atm is my fave too just came together really well and is that size that is more manageable than the larger ships where you sorta run into burn out for the LOD I want to add to the ships. >_> Still want to do more TMP era stuff as it is still my favorite but is the one area I am weak in modeling for.
    publiusr
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Gorgeous ship and I love the composition. You always do great work
  • RandyRandy2 Posts: 3Member
    Simply beautiful.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    my only nitpick is why is the shuttle that's clearly powered off and being unloaded still running with it's engines on? ;)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    It is called standby mode. Fully powered up or thrusting they would be much brighter.
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Yes, have loved your work @MadKoiFish for more than a decade and this one is great !
  • Omicrex44Omicrex440 Posts: 1Member
    Balmung is a beautiful ship. Great work!