Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    As usual great work.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @BolianAdmiral: There was no Space Shuttle on the wall? Don't make me add the NX-01 as well! :p

@richiewilch: Haha, glad you like it in the end!

@DoctorShmullus: It is definitely a tall room, as you can see in wide shots such as this one. The original concept for the room was that it would be a lounge with more than just a conference table, at one point it included a long sofa alongside the windows and even a small bar (remember that Ten Forward wouldn't be envisioned as part of the ship until season 2). Thus it ended up being oversized for the role it had, the table is very small for the room, and it was moved all over during the show, often times being placed right next to the wall or at a weird angle just to make specific shots look right. Also, coming from the Potemkin lounge might be playing tricks, as that room had a higher floor, thus making this one look cavernous in comparison.

Ended up redoing the whole table. When comparing screencaps I noticed my version was a bit too straight, the curve should be more pronounced. It's a small change in focal point, but it's one of those cases where I knew it was wrong so I had to change it even if no one would've noticed hahaha.

Also, as stated yesterday I tweaked the materials and textures a bit more, particularly on the wood wall panels.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-00.jpg?1628968562
    BolianAdmiralRory1707ashleytingerDoctorShmullusCaptain SerekStarCruiserxiaorobear
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Wow, you’re right… dammit, I am officially getting old now, lol. I honestly thought they had the Space Shuttle on the wall, but you’re right, they didn’t. And, no, by all means, do not include the NX-01, lol.
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Didn't they redress this as a concert hall or something else a few times too?
    Rekkert
    Yeah… it was used a few times when Beverly wanted to rehearse for her plays with Data or Riker.
    Rekkert
    edited August 2021 #3307
    I could be missing a redress, but the plays were often done in a redressed Ten Forward, such as in 'The Nth Degree' and 'Frame of Mind'. One redress that does come to mind, and which I find particularly funny, is the conference hall for 'Qpid'. The reason why I find it funny is because the same wall with the windows was used as both the front and the back of the room. A black curtain was simply placed instead of the windows in one instance.

Tweaked the colors a bit more, and heavily modified the potted plants to be a bit less stiff. I really don't like doing plants haha.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1628981674
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1628981150
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1628981160
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1628981171
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1628981180
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-enterprise-d-observation-lounge-cutaway.jpg?1628981590
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    DoctorShmullusashleytingerrojrenRory1707BolianAdmiralraztovLizzy777StarCruiserxiaorobearCaptain Serekand 1 other.
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    Good work! Seeing the finished product, the room now looks much more like what I remember from TNG, something must’ve thrown me off before.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautifully rendered my friend. I love how you worked out the details of this lounge. Hopefully a First Contact or Nemesis version is in the works! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    This is the redress I was referring to. From “A Fistful of Datas “.

4opyqepq7we9.jpeg
    440bdnt4wm5b.jpeg
    Rekkert
    Ahh, I didn't recall that one, nice! I love how it even extends behind the curved inner wall of the lounge.
    BolianAdmiral
    As usual always good.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    edited September 2021 #3313
    Finished a couple more rooms in the last month or so. Two commissions and a personal project. These are again stuff that are mostly started and ended fairly quickly, so no point posting WIP shots and the like.

USS Orion NCC-79134 Bridge: A modification on previous late-TNG era Galaxy-Class bridges, with added forward looking side consoles, red Voyager-style doors, and grated lighting on the alcoves, among other smaller changes. See more renders here.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1630022653
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1630022666
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-orion-79134-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1630022716

USS Endeavour NCC-82801 bridge, 2381 version: a commission for @Rory1707, being a further modification of his previous 2379 version of the same bridge. The changes between the two are focused on the center of the bridge, with the tactical arch and ramps replaced by two standalone tactical consoles and a series of steps. You can see both versions of the bridge here.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1630809396
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-endeavour-bridge-2382-cutaway.jpg?1630809482

And finally, the personal project: the alternate future Enterprise-D bridge from 'All Good Things'. This one I actually started months ago, after finishing the second Parallels bridge, as several elements are shared between them. However due to a lack of time it just sit there halfway done and I eventually forgot I even started it, until this week that is hahaha.

The bits brought over from Parallels were modified somewhat, particularly the light "columns" which had a new pattern over the lights and a slightly rearranged black tape "border", slightly closer to the edges than before.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-09-13-18-30-12.jpg?1631569720

I also changed the aft consoles to showcase how they had proper monitors (well, CRT panels) in them now, with the characteristic blue hue tinting the LCARS. I usually don't display CRTs this way on my models, but as this was something that was changed specifically for this version of the bridge (and the Generations one, it was actually done in advance for the movie), I thought it was worth showcasing it somewhat. You'll also notice the grey bits of material added over some of the LCARS at the back, the first time this was done on a Trek set. I'll become a staple of LCARS designs by the time of Voyager and First Contact. I did tweak the LCARS a bit to showcase the upgraded three nacelle exterior, even if this wasn't done in the actual episode. Once again, my goal with these isn't a perfect reproduction of the sets, but rather of how it would've "really" looked like. Yes, I know this is subjective, so whatever, sue me haha.

Besides a brief appearance in the documentary "Journey's End", filmed alongside the episode, we never actually see this bridge under standard lighting, so I kept the lights just as they were on the standard season 7 set (except for those fully on orange alert indicators).
    journeys-end-special-215.jpg

Anyway, here are the full renders:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1631403549
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1631404829
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1631405925
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1631405941
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1631407362
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1631407380
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1631404837
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1631404846
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1631405934
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01r.jpg?1631406126
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01r.jpg?1631407371
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01r.jpg?1631407388
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-enterprise-d-bridge-agt-cutaway.jpg?1631409261
    Lizzy777mishasiegfriedJMP11StarCruiserDoctorShmullusBolianAdmiralRory1707Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLeoBerlinCaptain Serek
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert

Beautiful work as always! Nice touch to update the profile of the ship on the wall above the replicator. Personally, love the AGT bridge probably because it's just the "Parallels" bridge with more command seating! One thing I noticed, is that the red alert light strips along the walls might be too thin compared to what we saw onscreen? In the screen cap and behind the scenes photo you can see how much more thicker it looks compared to the standard version of the bridge. They seem to use the original red alert lights from season one that I guess were replaced in season two. Small detail I know :)

dhclss362o78.jpg
    5n6elkx9ems1.jpg
    m00vqeirh1l7.jpg
    cbug1e8x6iam.jpg

Rekkert
    Wonderful job as expected, love the AGT bridge. I guess all that's left is Future Imperfect and Yesterday's Enterprise variants.
    Rekkert
    @Rekkert Thanks again for this beautiful update to the USS Endeavour bridge. I’m so happy with the end results. Also great job on the Alternate USS Enterprise-D bridge. I agree with @Captain Serek statement about the Future Imperfect and Yesterday’s Enterprise variants. I look forward to seeing your renders for those bridges. 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Nice work! I especially like the grate lighting.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    edited September 2021 #3318
    @JMP11: Yeah, just like with the modified ship schematics it was a personal preference thing, I kept the alert indicators on the circuitry access panels identical to the standard, despite the fact that they aren't really (and they weren't on Parallels either). I might have them too thin even for those though, so I might adjust them later when I do another pass at the bridge, I'm always tweaking the canon ones after all. :P

@Captain Serek: Of the major variants, yes only those two remain from the show, plus of course the Generations version. I'm sure I'll get to them eventually.

@Rory1707: Thanks, and always a pleasure mate!

@Warp Propulsion Laboratory: Thanks! I do like that lighting myself to be honest, though most people request "even" lighting more often than not, so it's always a nice change of pace to use it.

Finished another quick commission, and it's an unseen bridge for a canon starship: the Nebula-Class USS Bonchune NCC-70915. The client wanted it to be a modified version of the Lafayette bridge but with most of the colors swapped for those of the Potemkin and some other tweaks, such as the new MSD at the back. Hope you like it!
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1631697341
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1631698044
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1631698053
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1631698060
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1631698069
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1631698076
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-bonchune-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1631698084
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryraztovBolianAdmiralCaptain SerekLizzy777
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Love the Orion bridge, but the carpet noise pattern looks better in the Bonchune.
    The Orion's noise is in that weird spot where it could either use more definition (sub layer of noise) or less contrast.
    Rekkert
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    wow just incredible work... inspiring!!
    Rekkert
    Today is actually Robert Bonchune’s birthday.
    Rekkert
    As usual good work.
    Rekkert
    edited October 2021 #3323
    @lennier1: Yeah, I know what you mean. It's the exact same pattern on both, but it looks much more noticeable on darker colors, I have to tweak how I handle carpets in general.

@BolianAdmiral: Wow, that was an incredible coincidence! I took on that commission the first days of September, and I just happened to finish it that day. :lol:

Thank you very much @markmassey and @Captain Serek!

Welp, the last few weeks certainly haven't been favorable. My neighbor started some remodeling and the vibrations damaged our side of the shared wall all along our apartment's living room and bathroom, not to mention they created a literal hole in our closet while trying to get to some water pipes (the walls on these units are very very thin). So besides having 8 hours a day of constant noises and vibrations for the last three weeks now the apartment is more damaged than before, so yay stress! At least the neighbor was very sorry and is gonna fix everything on my end, or at least that's what she says, I'll have to hold her to that. Also, did I mention my partner lost her job through no fault of her own last month? The fun just never ends here!

Well anyway, as far as Trek interiors, I've got two commissions pretty much finished but awaiting payment, so I just wanted to do a quick room for my own, and yesterday started work on the briefing room for the Constellation-Class USS Victory. It's basically a 2290's era version of the TOS briefing room.

I actually started this one months ago, but it never clicked with me and I never moved past the basic shape. Now I discarded everything and started over. The aft wall is a modification of the TMP bridge shell, with horizontal ribbing added similar to that on the TUC enlisted crew quarters. The main screen is taken from the USS Potemkin battle bridge, as that set was inspired on the TOS auxiliary control room, which shared its screen with the TOS briefing room.

I needed something to occupy the wall opposite of the screen, so I went with a couple "paintings" showing the HMS Victory, the 2160's USS Victory (of @Masao's Starfleet Museum), and the current USS Victory. Well actually it's a screencap of the USS Hathaway, the Constellation-Class in general could use some more love, it's really hard to find good images of it, either from episodes or fan made. Consider all three images (but specially the Constellation one) placeholders for now.

The flags flanking the paintings will be the UFP flag which is already there, and probably a Starfleet Command flag, which will be where the placeholder Fontana Station flag currently sits. The table is likewise just a placeholder for now, I'll replace it with something a bit more similar to this table from TUC, though I'll probably keep the TOS inspired shape, I like it.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1633163003
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1633163019
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1633163219
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralLizzy777DoctorShmullusCaptain Serekcaveat_imperatorLeoBerlin
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That looks cool. Nice little room.
    Rekkert
    @Rekkert: This is such a cool design, you really do have TOS vibe going on here!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    I'd love to see a revised Voyager bridge
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @lennier1: Yeah, I know what you mean. It's the exact same pattern on both, but it looks much more noticeable on darker colors, I have to tweak how I handle carpets in general.
    Next time you have some time to spare, maybe join the SFM Discord server and have a private message chat with SeanR , he did a lot of work on that topic for his own interiors, so he can probably give you some useful pointers on how to improve your carpet materials without having the render times shoot through the roof. https://discord.gg/DdCsuUE

Rekkert
    As always good work.
    Rekkert
    I love the paintings and the TOS look of the conference table. It’s a nice nod to TOS. I also like the spartan look of the room, overall.
    Rekkert
    edited October 2021 #3330
    Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm glad you're liking the room.

I've finished doing the panels on the walls and adding those repeating rectangular labels they had all over the place in TUC, add added a support bracer between the side walls and the curved aft wall, so that the horizontal ribbing doesn't just end when it touches the side walls. I might add a potted plant in one of the corners by the screen, and a locker or some other prop in the empty wall between the door and the screen. Suggestions are more than welcome on what I could place there.

I've also done a new flag for Starfleet Command that's era appropriate, using the logo here on the pedestal and the 24th century flag as reference. I've tried a few different colors for the background of the flag, but yellow was my favorite of the bunch, not only due to the future flag also having it, but because it pops a lot more over the grey background, while also being very different from the blue UFP flag (yellow and blue are opposite colors after all, which might be why the DS9 Starfleet Command flag was done in yellow to begin with, as on its first appearance it was shown alongside the UFP flag).

tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1633309426
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1633309439
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralcaveat_imperatorLizzy777LeoBerlinDoctorShmullusCaptain Serek
    edited October 2021 #3331
    @Rekkert: How about the model of the HMS Victory, that Geordi LaForge created for Captain Zimbata (from TNG episode “Dear Data”), be placed in the corner between the door and the view screen or the opposite corner? 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
    Rekkert