Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

ModelingAdvice needed....The easiest tutorials on Blender.

rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
What are some of the easiest tutorials for Blender OR is there an alternative to Sketchup that uses the same type of interface as Sketchup?
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Tagged:

• kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member

Try Grant Abbitt, he is an actual teacher so it is easy to follow. This is a vid from when Blender released 2.8. I think it is mostly the same as the new versions.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    There’s a YouTube channel called „Tutor4u“ that helped me a lot and of course the great USA Enterprise Tutorial by @scifieric

Unfortunately those are both Blender 2.79 or lower but with a little bit of Googling they can still teach you a lot. Maybe even more so, since you’ll have to find the new place for some commands.

As for the current version. There’s allways the Donut on Blender Gurus Channel.
    scifieric
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    The Donut is your starter, that's the best place to go.

AFter that, look up Grant Abbitt, he has beginner focused courses that are very easy and focus on the key fundamentals that you need to understand.

Start here:
    Go here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantAbbitt/playlists

From there, it'll be either paid courses, or following what you want to do in particular.
    paulbhartzog
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Not an expert on either software, but from what I've gathered CAD Transform plugin will make Blender work a bit more like Sketchup:
    https://blender-archipack.gumroad.com/l/nQVcS

I think @liam887 has made the switch, so maybe he has some ideas.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    There’s a YouTube channel called „Tutor4u“ that helped me a lot and of course the great USA Enterprise Tutorial by @scifieric

Unfortunately those are both Blender 2.79 or lower but with a little bit of Googling they can still teach you a lot. Maybe even more so, since you’ll have to find the new place for some commands.

As for the current version. There’s allways the Donut on Blender Gurus Channel.
    Thank you! That is VERY kind of you!
    P5ych0p4th
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    rwking wrote: »
    What are some of the easiest tutorials for Blender OR is there an alternative to Sketchup that uses the same type of interface as Sketchup?

As someone who started with sketchup, I know the transition to 'proper' 3d software can be jarring, you sort of have to forget what you know in sketchup and how it works, because other 3d packages are very different in how they work and what your workflow should be. Just bite the bullet and dive in, once you get the basic down in blender it will all come together for you.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    I'd also throw in on what lewis said and say, join the discord. There's a lot of folks learning over on the SFM discord, they'll be happy to help you if you have questions as you go.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Thanks for mentioning that @count23 . I've been here for 14 years and am just now getting started on doing my own CAD stuff. Off to the Discord....