Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Animation"A Massive Galaxy Class"

ProviFXProviFX161 Posts: 78Member
edited August 2021 in Finished Work #1
A recent render I made in LW 2020

Models by Chris Kuhn (bop) Alex Klemm and Kenny Mitchell (type 7)

etm4fe84y5kk.jpg
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Billynom8count23McCLizzy777
Tagged:

• count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    I think the only thing that'd improve it is the BOP decloaking right at the very start, to imply "ohhh, a prize", before the Big-D swoops in and goes, "nuh-uh"
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • ProviFXProviFX161 Posts: 78Member
    count23 wrote: »
    I think the only thing that'd improve it is the BOP decloaking right at the very start, to imply "ohhh, a prize", before the Big-D swoops in and goes, "nuh-uh"

That's a great idea! Haven't researched on how to do the effect, but I'm sure there are tutorials out there.
    count23
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    I imagine it's not too hard to do, render out the BOP in it's own layer, then apply a wave/ripple effect to the matte combined with a dissolve, should theoretically do it :) good luck.
    ProviFX
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • ProviFXProviFX161 Posts: 78Member
    count23 wrote: »
    I imagine it's not too hard to do, render out the BOP in it's own layer, then apply a wave/ripple effect to the matte combined with a dissolve, should theoretically do it :) good luck.

Thanks for the tip, that should work! Might throw an RGB shift on it and could get close to the effect. One effect I really want to try out is the electric shortcircuit when ships got hit by torpedos. Those are cool effects that need to be brought back to the big screen.