Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D2nd Generation Battle Carrier

SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
edited August 2021 in Work in Progress #1
Been working like crazy on the 3D model of the second generation battle carrier, which will appear on the cover of my third book. At three miles long, built to scale, it is twice the size of the first generation battle carrier. Its main weapons are 250% bigger than the first generation as well. The last three images are both generations for comparison.

fefznh6kvu54.jpg
9a2wx1i5agba.jpg
0d8pzvxpbtjt.jpg
u0t667rpqkkg.jpg
ekr3nvszc0pp.jpg
5qrmi2k2lufm.jpg
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777ProviFXHundredpubliusrwolfman
Tagged:

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    I like it, looks like a cross between a battleship, aircraft carrier, and a star destroyer. Very nice, but I have to say I like the gen-1 ship better.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Definitely a cool design... love the texture on the surface, like it feels like it could be magnetic.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm.... I do have to admit, I do like the first generation a bit more myself. But that's progress.
    I do wonder what the Second Generation would look like.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    It is lovely
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Fantastic modelling work, I just have to question why the Nimitz style flattop? Is this intended to act as a wet navy carrier as well? I.e. does it land on planets with water and continue to operate as a base/carrier, or is it strictly spaceborne? If the former, having a deck make certain sense, if the later, not so much.