Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSTAR TREK Repulse

psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
edited August 2021 in Work in Progress #1
feuc0z3rlkdu.jpg

vct55ncka7w1.jpg

Yep. Yet another ship based on a Jefferies sketch. When I was looking at the sketch, I thought it had a more Kelvin look to it than TOS, so I am taking visual cues and detailing from the Kelvin and Franklin in a sort of alternate Trek timeline, just for creative license.

fd6wjgim6lcf.jpg

zepc1wxaik98.jpg

The saucer is 600 feet across, but relatively flat. Probably going to be sliding side doors on the secondary for the shuttle bay.

fqhyjqr2io2f.jpg

2cu4ixcvvu3b.jpg

9ronbqdoe3te.jpg

That's about the gist of it. Piddling around with details as I go.

But wait, there's more.

Star Trek: Repulse teaser script.

My first idea of this being an alternate Trek design was that the hull number wouldn't have NCC prefix, and the name would have either S.S. or nothing as a prefix, and as I keep looking at it the ship, I thought about pirates. But how would pirates get such a ship? Like Khan got the Reliant? Well, that has been done. What about a crew going renegade? Not too bad, but why would that happen? Then it dawned on me. You know how in old Trek there was usually some anomaly or event that happened and the crew had to figure out what it was and how to fix it, and the show reset at the end? What if they did not know something had happened to them, and they slowly changed? No reset at the end of the episode. I wondered that if this was a show, how would I do it?

Keep it short. Three seasons. Maybe do 6 episodes a season. 2 episodes for a 3 act format. Season one: After a skirmish with Orions, an undetected malady effects the crew as they pursue and defeat the major antagonist. Season two: They are full on pirates, now trying to avoid Starfleet and the Orion Syndicate, while beginning to suspect their motivations. Season three: tensions on the Repulse flare as the captain tries to avoid capture of his vessel and captain's chair, while trying to uncover how this malady started and what will cure them.

Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777ProviFXashleytingerP5ych0p4thMcCAtolmSoul Screamsrspicercaveat_imperator
Tagged:

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Nice nod to some of the preliminary sketches for TOS.
    Looks like something the shipyards could've quickly pumped out for the Romulan War and that would've ended up in surplus depots or shipbreaking yards or even be demilitarized and sold to private operators.
    psCargile
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice work, nice ship. Love it !
    psCargile
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Do more of the early concepts please…
    psCargile
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    The "impulse deflection crystal" looking part was inspired by DeLorean hubcaps. Hard to see the thin radials from these angles.

publiusr wrote: »
    Do more of the early concepts please…

Like this:

48gvgjjej3ud.jpeg

Daedulus interceptor.
    AtolmSoul Screamcaveat_imperator
    Progress update.

rcvr263l36ck.jpg

gqzrquxx2sh3.jpg

b5xlexw9e2dj.jpg

Lizzy777ashleytingermishasiegfriedMcCSoul Screamcaveat_imperator
    I still work on this once in a while. I'm 53, so it gets attention when it gets attention.

di647lwmzjvc.jpg

cemqsyrpignv.jpg

t3ru4dsvbrm5.jpg

I'm more or less filling in details, starting with the upper saucer, and working my way down.
    Lizzy777Soul ScreamwolfmanrojrensrspicerMcCcaveat_imperator
    I was thinking since it's a pirate hunter, and has a non-traditional hull number, what if Starfleet at this time had sub-branches of service, and this ship is part of the Astratime Enforcement Service, the Coast Guard of Starfleet, and the 07 ("ball sevens) designates an interdiction type vessel, while the rest of the number is the serial, or registration number. That allows for the distinction in ship designs and hull number variation.

Ships in this service are assigned to Starbase 12, and patrol the space lanes of Coridan, protecting the dilithium trade.
    Soul Screamcaveat_imperator
  • Soul ScreamSoul Scream20 DearbornPosts: 13Member
    psCargile wrote: »
    I was thinking since it's a pirate hunter, and has a non-traditional hull number, what if Starfleet at this time had sub-branches of service, and this ship is part of the Astratime Enforcement Service, the Coast Guard of Starfleet, and the 07 ("ball sevens) designates an interdiction type vessel, while the rest of the number is the serial, or registration number. That allows for the distinction in ship designs and hull number variation.

Ships in this service are assigned to Starbase 12, and patrol the space lanes of Coridan, protecting the dilithium trade.

That is a great idea and makes sense. Starfleet has never shown it's forces that patrol the border and other regions, like the Coast Guard does, and this would fill in that gap quite well. Bravo.
    jyq4w3viqu0i.png

The cartouches came about because the panels are solidified n-gon planes snapped to the surface of the primary hull mesh, and the letters are shadowless text objects, and trying to get the letters to shrink wrap to the panels would be a nightmare. At a later date I suppose I could bake the panels into a normal map, but for now the cartouches work to keep to keep things simple and manageable, and I don't think anyone else has done that. It is a sacred imperative I do what no one else has done or does.

Instead of reaction control maneuvering thrusters, I'm using control moment gyroscopes of the subspace warp field variety instead. They are through-deck assemblies with mirrored lower hull features. This idea allows the TOS Enterprise to have something similar. The dome end of the secondary hull may house a larger CMG.

Deckguns are also to be placed on the neck near the torpedo launchers. I looked at historic deck guns for inspiration.

I'm not sure there is a legitimate reason for an open machinery bay, other than a nice place to pack full of greebles. Some of the greebles are actual things like tanks (not army), industrial AC units, and parts of oil rig pumping plumbing. It's protected by a shitty looking forcefield, but I have had ideas to cover it with a panel or grates. And did I not see something similar on the new Stargazer and Excelsior II? Grumble grumble.
    Soul Screamcaveat_imperator
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Simple and Purdy!
    psCargile
    jlurbn0kdocu.jpg

temidyay6xk1.jpg

Cargo hold doors. I don't plan a lot of close up renders, so I don't plan to add a lot of details in this area. I don't have to make the cargo hold and working doors, do I? I don't want to. They drop down and slide away and all that mechanism is inside.
    Soul ScreamLizzy777McCcaveat_imperator
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Whether intended or not, I'm seeing some EC Henry design influence, Pacific 201. Not a bad thing. B)
    Certainly not intentional. Not a fan of the design of the Pacific.
    Great... I came up with a Captain Angelo that becomes a pirate, and SNW has a Captain Angel, space pirate. I was first, dammit.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    What's the saying... "great minds think alike."