Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTaking liberties with TUC and DiscoPrise bridge designs

mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
edited July 2021 in Work in Progress #1
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been learning Blender for the last year and a half. This is a scratch built bridge, except for a few pieces that are downloads, as noted in the credits below. I'm a graphic designer and modeler as well as a huge Trek design nerd. This bridge is a conceptual kitbash of the FF/TUC style bridge and the Discovery Enterprise bridge. Not really "cannon", but still very much in the style and feel of the franchise. Hoping for a some good feedback on it.

by2i1mulokwg.png
di5dzb4pty0y.png
6vn30jika4wj.png
icgsk3glmiuf.png

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IT DUE: The crew chairs are by Falke2020 and pulled from CGTrader. The captains chair started life as a BlenderKit Eames chair that I kitbashed and modded into a captains chair. Computer display graphics were found online (can't find the download info right now, but will amend when I do). Everything else is me.

Modeled in Blender, Post-process in Photoshop.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777ashleytingerpsCargileProviFXwolfmanpaulbhartzog

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good work all around!
    Welcome aboard.
    mishasiegfried
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Giving SeanR and Rekkert a run for thier money :) welcome. Nicely done so far.
    mishasiegfried
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I like this way better than the Disco set. That one had way too many glossy surfaces and pointless lights everywhere.
    mishasiegfriedProviFX
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    I like this way better than the Disco set. That one had way too many glossy surfaces and pointless lights everywhere.

Yeah, I kind of agree actually. I know the topic has been beaten to death on numerous sites, but my main beef with Disco has always been the production design make ZERO sense in terms of technical continuity of the franchise. They are very beautifully designed sets, to be sure. But Disco's bridge sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the ENT and TOS bridges. That said, I actually loved how the redesigned the Enterprise's bridge for season 2. It was an amazing accomplisment of modernizing without losing the heart of the TOS version.
    count23 wrote: »
    Giving SeanR and Rekkert a run for thier money :) welcome. Nicely done so far.

That's a hell of a compliment and I am grateful for it. I am a fan of both of their work, and I'm flattered to be put in such company!
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    FYI, I posted a Blender-native version of those chairs over in the Releases forum, if you're interested:

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10000716/ergoform-workseat-star-trek-v-vi-and-misc-newer
    mishasiegfried
    seanr wrote: »
    FYI, I posted a Blender-native version of those chairs over in the Releases forum, if you're interested:

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10000716/ergoform-workseat-star-trek-v-vi-and-misc-newer

Thanks man! Much appreciated. I'm a big fan of your work!
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog345 Posts: 31Member
    Incredible. Love the lighting and the kewl dude standing in there ;-)