Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Francis Drake

StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
edited June 2021 in Work in Progress #1
Well, I'm slowly making progress. Since my version is based upon the old NCC-66010 USS Cardiff (by Paul Llloyd, around 1998), but it´s not an exact copy of the original and, instead of it, has some changes and personal touches, I decided to name it NCC-66011, USS Francis Drake .

oprodzce0q1i.jpg
ax938ioqd3z4.jpg
ixr8rcr5d9u2.jpg
1jv90v4d38i0.jpg
lw6ylua3yrc4.jpg
4wtv557g5wif.jpg
4ts6qnmhie9n.jpg
96o8syr51nev.jpg
Post edited by Starship on
Lizzy777caveat_imperator
Tagged:

• lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Interesting design, seems to have a vulcan style warp drive going on there too. I'm not wild on the super chunky nacelles but it's always good to see something different I guess. From a lore perspective, 66011 seems very high for a ship that appears to be ambassador class era (going by the saucer design), 66011 puts us round the Voyager era.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited June 2021 #3
    lewisniven wrote: »
    Interesting design, seems to have a vulcan style warp drive going on there too. I'm not wild on the super chunky nacelles but it's always good to see something different I guess. From a lore perspective, 66011 seems very high for a ship that appears to be ambassador class era (going by the saucer design), 66011 puts us round the Voyager era.

Thanks Mike.
    Yeah, This ship has two warp engines, beiing one of them vulcan, but I´m still thinking about how to describe their functions, Something about slipstream, transwarp, a experimental tech...
    Yeah, in my head it fits the Ambassador class timeframe, maybe a bit ahead. And you´re right, 66011 is to much for this era. I will change it... maybe I will just remove the first six. ;)
    Post edited by Starship on
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    This feels like maybe something from an animated Trek series, which I mean with the utmost respect. It's cute in a way that's a bit trickier to get away with in "serious live aciton." I can see it being like a fusion of two hulls that an alien race put together out of need of a ship, you know? Scavengers at the edge of a system or something after the fall of the Federation.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Really liking this design. B)
    My only suggestion would be to make the dorsal connection a bit more graceful or integrated into the the two hulls. It feels too 'sharp' compared to the other surfaces.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Just minor changes and geometry corrections.
    New naceles and shuttle bay.
    qifrrpctm8ss.jpg
    gfq76wecxem2.jpg
    dhvp8fnjrqp5.jpg
    90cl99yd3ng0.jpg
    kgmk2dnsolwx.jpg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777