Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPre-TOS style ship

mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
edited July 2021 in Work in Progress #1
4lgildubryzz.png
This is another project I've been working on for the last few months. The ship itself is the result of an attempt at buidling a basic superstructure and then kitbashing/greebling it into something. In my mind, this is a post-Enterprise/pre-TOS cruiser, the Jacoby class. I was inspired by both Enterprise's production design and the USS Kelvin's bridge, both of which have a significantly more tactile feel to their design. I tried to design something that could convincingly sit between those two series in the franchise and not seem TOTALLY out of place.

For the bridge, everything is mine from scratch, except a few pieces from the KitOps add on I used for switches and buttons. I started with the blue crew chairs which are assets from BlenderKit. But I decided instead to model from scrath the red and metal seats, based on seats I saw in photos of old submarines. One thing I tried to play with a bit in the design was incoperating a bit more of a naval feel to the set. I'm a fan of "Hunt For Red October", "Crimson Tide", and I also have really enjoyed the production design for the Trek fan film "Pacific 209". There is something about a ship feeling vaguely more naval that I have always felt helps ground the setting a bit and makes it feel more like working vessel rather than a fantasy futuristic living room (TNG set design in general). The sort of blue overtones to the room lighting is based on photos I found of submarine control rooms and aircraft carrier CICs, which always seem to have blue lighting.

I also designed my own computer interfaces for this one. Again, this was an attempt to bridge the gap between Enterprise and TOS, with a splash of the "Axanar" style designs. Again, the idea here was the fill that gap in-between these two well known time periods in Trek history.

ke6vzys819g5.png
2voswv6cefmh.png
gpm4ke1ehxlp.png
m4wbvo2ba20c.png
ib0yapc12tpg.png

1pfgv7ks7qsv.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
ashleytingerscifiericrojrenLizzy777MadKoiFishMustang13Camaro68caveat_imperator
Tagged:

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Hi! Welcome to Scifi-Meshes. :)
    This one got stuck in the spam queue for a while, so apologies for that. Any future posts should come through fine. Also bumped your profile up to full member status, so you can actually edit your profile now. :)
    mishasiegfried
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That's an awesome bridge.
    mishasiegfried
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    That's an awesome bridge.

Thanks! Much appreciated!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Excellent work!
    mishasiegfried
    scifieric wrote: »
    Excellent work!

Thank you!
    scifieric
    scifieric wrote: »
    Excellent work!

Hey, wait a minute! I followed your "build the TOS enterprise" tutorial on YouTube. SUPER helpful. I have a much better understanding of the building process now thanks to you! Plus, your lighting and renders setup stuff nailed the vintage TOS filmstock/grain look. Hats off to you, sir!
    scifieric
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    awesome work! i really like it, eben i'm addicted to the LCARS-style... ;)
    mishasiegfried
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Hey, wait a minute! I followed your "build the TOS enterprise" tutorial on YouTube. SUPER helpful. I have a much better understanding of the building process now thanks to you! Plus, your lighting and renders setup stuff nailed the vintage TOS filmstock/grain look. Hats off to you, sir!
    That's VERY kind of you! Thank you!

mishasiegfried