Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I've been working mostly on the transporter pad itself, finishing its top piece and further working on the aft wall. The ceiling piece is based on what little screencaps of the area on the Defiant there are, though I had to improvise on some of the elements. The lit yellow pattern on the aft wall is inspired on the Enterprise-E design, but incorporating more horizontal elements given the shape of the piece. I still got to add some fabric elements lower on the wall.

On the control booth area, I've changed the shapes somewhat and smoothed out the edges around the arches, plus I swapped the material for the darker metallic brown that was already present in the ceiling, leaving only the side walls in the lighter tone. I still have to come up with a design for the front end of the control stand, right now it's a big, boring empty half-wall in the middle of the room.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1618338979
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1618338987
    BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusLizzy777Captain SerekRory1707
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I really love this.
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    This is really turning out fantastic. I love how you’re mixing styles from what we’re already familiar with but still retaining an independent feel to it. I can hardly wait for the end result!
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    I love this transporter room. Can’t wait to see the final renders! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Okay, suggestion time...

For the control "booth", remove the two pillars on the side of the transporter console.
    Reverse the circle shape, and make it follow the curve of the two steps you have for the platform.
    Keep the top of the console largely the same but widen it about the width between the now removed pillars.
    Add a new free-standing "bottom" half for the console that follows the shape of the now curved platform.

Really poor MS Paint edit attached 😆

gwibytb5dfho.png
    RekkertCaptain Serek
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @darkthunder - Well, it's Rekkert's call on this one, he can do it as he wishes.
    edited April 2021 #3248
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    @darkthunder - Well, it's Rekkert's call on this one, he can do it as he wishes.
    Might want to re-read my post?

"Okay, suggestion time..."

Never said he must do it according to my above edit. Of course he does it however he see's fit. It was merely... a suggestion!
    Post edited by darkthunder on
    seanrRekkert
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Looking good, Rekkert. I agree with part of darkthunder's suggestion - flipping the curvature of the knee wall and console - but I'd leave the posts intact. If you wanted to go a little retro, you could add curved glass between the posts, reminiscent of the booth in TMP/TWOK or TUC.
    Rekkert
    Thanks for all the comments! We're nearly done with this room, and I'm glad it's being so liked. :D

@darkthunder: Thanks for the suggestion! I thought about doing it that way, more Voyager-style; but precisely because of the similarities with that other transporter room I wanted to do things differently and not to mimic it. Also, I kinda prefer to have this half-wall following the same curvature of the wall behind it, seems like a better use of the space IMO, as it leaves more space in the middle of the room, which is more important given the size here.

@seanr: Thanks! I did briefly have a glass panel in there between the posts (alongside the glass LCARS behind it), but between that, the metal handrail and the half-wall, it looked a bit too busy and I ended up removing it.

Thanks to some new references @Nayslayer sent my way, I redid the whole top of the transporter pad to be more accurate. I also changed the color of some of the lighting to blue, simply because I think it looks better and matches the lights on the pad itself.

As for the half-wall, I ended up going with a rather simple metallic panel down the middle, identical to what I did for the similar wall around the warp core on the engineering set. I repeated the same thing on the other side of the wall.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1618415280
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1618415269
    Captain SerekBolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777DoctorShmullusRory1707
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Very nice progress.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments! We're nearly done with this room, and I'm glad it's being so liked. :D

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought about doing it that way, more Voyager-style; but precisely because of the similarities with that other transporter room I wanted to do things differently and not to mimic it. Also, I kinda prefer to have this half-wall following the same curvature of the wall behind it, seems like a better use of the space IMO, as it leaves more space in the middle of the room, which is more important given the size here.

Sounds like overall a good plan. Just throwing out my 2 cents. Think what you're doing so far has been amazing to watch 😁
    Rekkert
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    This really looks fantastic!
    What is the height of the access interface below the isolinear chip hub?)
    Just noticed, that it's facing downward

RekkertRory1707
    @Captain Serek: Thanks! :)

@darkthunder: And I appreciate those 2 cents! I wouldn't be posting WIPs here if I wasn't open to suggestions and criticism. :D

@FANGs: Thanks! The height is about 1.6m. The panel is based on a similar (but not identical) design found in the Enterprise-E jefferies junction, which was also used on the USS Righteous in ST:Borg. You can see that it's placed even lower there.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-04-15-21-45-17.jpg?1618533999
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-04-15-21-41-51.jpg?1618533993

I've added the final touches to the transporter area, with the fabric panels near the bottom now in place. I didn't want to reuse the same pattern these had on the Defiant, as those were made to mirror the similar patterns elsewhere on the ship. So I went with a design that's reminiscent of the fabric patterns on the bridge, but vertical instead of horizontal. These are also much flatter than the ones on the Defiant, again to better mirror the rest of the Ent-E inspired aesthetic.

So I think the room's finished now! I've experimented with some further tweaks, such as adding those lit translucent elements between the aft wall panels that the Voyager/Ent-E transporter had, but given that there's only room for two of them here, they didn't look good IMO.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1618533201
    ashleytingermdtaBolianAdmiralLizzy777MadKoiFishDoctorShmullusRory1707
    The transporter piece is simply phenomenal, one of my favorites. Fantastic work Rekkert, you’ve done it again!
    Rekkert
    @DoctorShmullus: Thank you very much, I'm glad you think so haha! :blush:

And here are all the finished renders, enjoy!
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1618541722
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1618542972
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1618542981
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1618542989
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1618542998
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1618543006
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-yeager-transporter-room-cutaway.jpg?1618559918
    ashleytingerLizzy777Captain SerekWarp Propulsion LaboratoryDoctorShmullusTenaciousMCBolianAdmiralJMP11Rory1707LeoBerlin
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I love the blue on that. Gives it a nice little pop. Great work!
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Great upgrade of the Defiant transporter alcove designs!
    Rekkert
    Excellent work as always.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    @Rekkert every render you create gets better and better. I love this transporter room. I need a larger version for the Endeavour when you have the time! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Really like this set design. As always, a great job.
    Rekkert
    Been three months huh? Real life has been a pain lately due to several issues so I haven't been keeping up with forums and such, nor did I have the drive to tackle big projects. Still, given that I have bills to pay, I've been working on small commissions. here's what I've been doing these past few months (large image dump ahead, sorry):

Alternate USS Emmett Till bridge: a modified version of the Emmett Till bridge, but using (mostly) the colors of the Enterprise-E interiors and leaving only the Captain's chair in the command area.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1625880437
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1625880446

USS Kepler NCC-11157 bridge: a modification on the USS Hack bridge, the Kepler's an old Ent-C era Aerie-Class ship (same as the Raven from Voyager) which was updated over 60 years, and thus is a mishmash of eras.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1625880464
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1625880473
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-kepler-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1625880481

USS Cassini NCC-3824-C bridge: almost identical to the USS Potemkin bridge, the Cassini features two command chairs side by side and a tactical station behind them.
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1625880508
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1625880536

USS Frontier NCC-75027 bridge: a further development of the USS Lexington-B bridge, the Frontier features two stations at each side of the MSD at the back, and thus smaller door alcoves at the rear end of the bridge. It also has a new helm console, which takes the standalone conn/ops stations from the Emmett Till and merges them into one, with shorter keyboard areas and a new center panel with a status display for the ship.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1625874848
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1625874838
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1625874858
    tadeo-d-oria-c15-01.jpg?1625874867
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-frontier-75027-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1625874885

Also, given the amount of sets that are on my portfolio already, you can see that most of these weren't added there, simply because they're too similar to other rooms. I've been playing around with the idea of doing a proper website to display my starship interiors (only the personal projects, not the commissions), and came up with this mockup. Clicking each cutaway would take you to a page for each room with all the renders and such. Still no idea how I would implement this, but it's been fun designing it so whatever:
    tadeo-d-oria-website-mockup.jpg?1625880545
    BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusLizzy777Captain SerekLeoBerlinWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    It’s good to see you back my friend, you have been missed! Real life is serious and I hope it’s gotten better for you and your family. These renders are awesome, you are so creative and I’m blessed to take a look in your universe! Be Blessed my friend! 🖖🏾
    Very nice. I absolutely love the Kepler and Cassini bridges!
    I’m very happy to see you back on the forum and I hope that you and your loved ones are all well. Whether with big or small projects or simply with status updates, having you back is great!
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    I love that Helm console on the Frontier, and the Kepler's bridge looks great.

I'd like to echo the statements from those that are glad to see you back. I enjoy looking at all of your projects, along with many here, so it's great to see more. Hope that all is well with you and yours.
    Awesome stuff, welcome back.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    IT'S ALIVE!!!! WOOO
    I love your work.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @Aresius - You shouldn't be bumping topics back up on the board. That throws people off. I know, I used to do this too and I can tell you I did not make very many people happy with it.
    lennier1
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    @Rusty0918 his was not a necropost, IMO. A couple weeks isn't that much time, especially since a lot of us aren't on the forums every day.

Of course, @Rekkert could help this along by posting some more updates! Nice work as usual. :)
    scifieric
    Yeah, Rekkert himself updated the thread, so it’s not a necropost.