Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited June 2021 #2342
    There think that seems to better match the drawing than what I had before.

emissary-0396.jpg

EDIT
    Got a bit tired of flat walls so even though I planned to just do lit boxes I tossed my old tan red interior in.
    emissary-0397.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    ashleytingerLoopholeLizzy777BolianAdmiralHunter GJESRory1707
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I’m really loving those tan panels on the aft deflector housing. I think the arrowhead on the deflector housing should be flipped horizontal, though.
    edited June 2021 #2344
    If you mean the alignment of the fat side of the delta I am following the layout on most of the ships short of TMP era (EG refit and Miranda)

not exact images used but ones found vis google. Ok just the Defiant, checked most of the TMG ships and they follow the left to right arrangement. As such you look at a com badge for example fat to the left. Rotate it to a reading path of left to right the fat is on the bottom. This pattern held from the intro of the Excelsior (shuttles etc) through to about when the SOV was introduced and ships following in VOY took on this arrangement (generally as they flip flopped)
    Bill%2BGeorge%2BStar%2BTrek%2BDeep%2BSpace%2BNine%2BUSS%2BDefiant%2Bminiature%2B%252825%2529.jpg
    https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/mechanics/voyager6.jpg
    https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/mechanics/voyager5.jpg

then again I see on the Nova class top nacelle it follows the SOV layout.
    d08e5261b6083a9c96d3256c405d1231.jpg
    but then it is inverted on the bottoms. . . . . . . . . .

NOW this is all moot unless you refer to having it much smaller and sitting on the rise of the central detail above the deflector.
    Wow, ok… I never noticed the inversion before like that.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    With the age of 3d models ushered in at the time did they forget to not mirror the textures?
    edited June 2021 #2347
    Given the text is not inverted I would take a guess it is either from sloppiness or just not catching it, or possible intention. These inversions EG whole ship ones started prior to the CGI conversion at large though. EG the change between TMP to TNG then from TNG to the SOV era. The NOVA if I remember right is one of the first designs post the introduction of the SOV.
    Grids and the lot.
    emissary-0400.jpg
    Keep in mind the tonal areas are just for planning, over all materials are not final.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JESRory1707
    Some extrusions and dividing up of the other panels. Unseen are some grid work etc that needs to be chamfered out after the panels. That tab behind the gray panels I have yet to decide to extrude out or to inset it into the hull.

emissary-0402.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777LoopholeBolianAdmiralJESRory1707
    edited July 2021 #2350
    Upper panels extruded and other details some decals are the wrong mat too so they are a bit hard to see. Spent most of the day rehacking FF as I was forced to update as there is too much adoption of BS code resulting in blank pages or farked stuff. SIGH.

emissary-0403.jpg

emissary-0404.jpg
    extra renders.

emissary-0406.jpg
    emissary-0407.jpg
    FreakLizzy777LoopholeBolianAdmiralJESRory1707
    I just love that lounge interior... please don't change it, lol. I'm loving to rollbar details so far!
    Some more panels in and little things as well as the pennant is now a cut into those panels. I might be redoing some of the panel lines surrounding things.

emissary-0411.jpg
    emissary-0412.jpg
    emissary-0413.jpg
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777JESRory1707
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    EDIT
    Got a bit tired of flat walls so even though I planned to just do lit boxes I tossed my old tan red interior in.
    emissary-0397.jpg

I really like the look of this area, especially the shape of the windows
    lennier1LoopholeRory1707
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Those are what the Refit needed for its arboretum
    ERM damed FF update crashed taking my post. . . . .

It is apparently past the time to shill the SOTL 2022 calendar. . . . missed the preorder period. (not a affiliate link) I should be posting a teaser/mini sample later on as it is pretty much spoiled when Amazon posted it up for sale.

The update is not much on the ship, just messing with textures to give the hull a bit more to play with. Using one of my common maps so it could be changed later.

Also a bit of a failed sensor pit. It has too much chin atm and needs lowering. I had a thought of a alteration in the hull but eugh means deleting all of this and reverting to subdiv to get the geo in. Idea is that central area below the super structure is a raised spine that runs down the length of the hull to the leading edge. vs it being a curved slope with that shape cut in panels. Probably mull it over some before I go further.
    First rando renders with various changes in materials.
    emissary-0414.png

emissary-0415.png

Sensor pit rough out.
    emissary-0416.png
    LoopholeashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777AtolmJESRory1707
    edited July 2021 #2356
    Rough example of what I was talking about in the last post. Means a mess of subdiv to get this into the hull and the example is not anywhere close to the areas the cutouts should be. EG too far from the upper hull etc.
    emissary-0417.jpg?w=200
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralJES
    edited July 2021 #2357
    Slightly better variant, with some of the bridge bits in too give a better idea, all this would be patched into the existing mesh.
    emissary-0418.jpg?w=300
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralJES
    There we go all welded in, still needs some work here and there and reworking of old details to match up better. THen back to what I had started a few days ago. . . . . heh

emissary-0420.jpg

emissary-0421.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777LoopholeBolianAdmiralJESRory1707
    Sensor pit in and beginnings of the details inside. Ignore odd shading as it is due to detached objects. Been too bloody hot to sit at the pc and model. Not to mention the exhaust off the rads when this pc is rendering.
    emissary-0426.jpg

emissary-0427.jpg

Debating on the green stripe having a lounge there in the inset detail over just what appears as grills. Would be a very very small lounge, or skylights sorta thing. . . .
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777Rory1707
    I guess they could be windows or skylights, but IMO, they’re a bit too small to be lounge windows or whatnot, unless of course you want to maybe make them bigger, like the Mess Hall or Ready Room windows on Voyager.
    Well the green area does span 31 ft. . . so a bit larger than I thought at first.
    emissary-0429.jpg
    I have xinyan scaled to about 5'9 not counting her hair.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777ashleytingerLoopholepubliusrlewisnivenFreakRory1707
    Some rough blocking in of bits. Might end up ripping out some of the stuff as I go.
    emissary-0432.jpg
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777Rory1707
    Looking good.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty work, Sir.
    Some more complimentary holes and shapes. Plan is to have some more pits in the blue panels. I dunno what I will do for the central part. Maybe a large central pit broken up with asymmetrical bits. Probably do this in the other pits too just random bits of stuff. Kind of like the ones in the bridge top. As mentioned I might be junking those outer bays and redoing them.
    emissary-0434.jpg

A few placement renders to show the part in relation to the rest of the ship.
    emissary-0435.jpg

emissary-0436.jpg
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralLizzy777ashleytingerRory1707
    Very nice.
    edited August 2021 #2367
    reconstructing bits to get the outer bays to match the newer stuff.

emissary-0439.jpg

LoopholeBolianAdmiralBillynom8Lizzy777AtolmFreakRory1707
    Some more working in and attempting to rescue the existing model for this greeble part. I think it works ok. Still unsure about some of the central pits as I want to add some sort of design into them vs just a bunch of things in a hole. Example of want I want to avoid is the front pit on the Voyager.
    emissary-0440.jpg
    The largest thing I am avoiding is eliminating that division bulkhead. The tapering of the resulting outer pit is enough to look like a error and not a intentional angle. Adjusting that would pretty much axe everything outside of the lighter gray bulkhead. Also means going into archives to patch in the geo here as it is not a flat faced curve.
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralFreakRory1707
    edited August 2021 #2369
    HAH the kick in the pants, is that bracket/bulkhead WAS square to the pits opening on the outside edge. Ugh compound curved surfaces just screw with the eye. Needless to say I have patched out everything outside that lighter gray bulkhead. Redoing things now and will not be placing that one bulkhead where it was as it just did not read right.

oops forgot to post this so here is a render from a few hours ago (dinner lol)
    emissary-0441.jpg
    anyhow as the image shows I decided to just do away with that entire bulkhead brace entirely.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777caveat_imperatorFreakRory1707
    Not much gaming while modeling >_> anyhow working in some of the smaller details. Probably resolving way too small for general purpose renders.
    emissary-0443.jpg
    emissary-0444.jpg
    emissary-0445.jpg

ohh gonna have to open another blog soon coming up on my 3gig cap. lol
    BolianAdmiralLoopholeashleytingerLizzy777FreakRory1707
    Those new greebles are looking nice.