Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    More panels and decals and the start of mapping out the spine panels.
    emissary-0340.jpg
    emissary-0341.jpg
    emissary-0342.jpg
    Colors are just for contrast. These will retain the same materials patter and the forward sensor superstructure.
    BolianAdmiralsrspicerashleytingerLoopholepubliusrLizzy777JESRory1707
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Panels etc in and second render shows the dome thing sans all the occluding bits hidden. (those parts are still in subdiv)
    emissary-0347.jpg
    emissary-0348.jpg
    not fully sure if this is how I want that dome to look. But eh for now lol.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerLoopholeBolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratorylewisnivenJESRory1707
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I’m really liking how the bottom is developing…
    Rear housing collapsed and starting in the panel and detail work. The raised areas might not be raised in the final work as for now they are just separate objects placed for spacing.
    emissary-0351.jpg
    emissary-0352.jpg
    emissary-0353.jpg
    BolianAdmiralJESashleytingerLoopholeLizzy777Rory1707
    edited May 2021 #2316
    Aft torp details.
    emissary-0356.jpg
    Actual launcher housing is up for debate as it is just pulled from my older ships. I know I tend to match TMP vs TNG stuff in the fine details of the tubes themselves as anything of detail for TNG are the detailed images by Eaves for the Sov. Well, least that I can remember.

oh yeah on the housings ignore the materials. I could swear I wiped those when I imported the object in.

EDIT
    Just adding this image instead of a new post. Addition of the stage 1 panels.
    emissary-0357.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralLoopholeJESRory1707
    These might be windows but they are a bit close to those torp tubes.
    emissary-0361.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralLoopholeAtolmJESRory1707
    Hmmm… judging by the size of the girl, I think those windows could work… they look like they’d actually be on the deck right above the launchers.
    That is part of my issue is having a windowed room so close to the launchers. I try to avoid them. EXP as these would be large ones compared to the rest of the ship. Granted much of the rest of the bulk windows are fairly small. These if seen from the side are about 6ft tall 4ft wide give or take. The elements are something like 9ft if aligned square to the world. So large picture windows.
    emissary-0362.jpg
    Here is a side ortho, to give a bit more of a idea of the interior space is like the light pink boxes are 9X3X3, yellow one is just a rough idea of internal tube and not any other loading or other interior spaces. Granted the shape of this area does allow for a offset from the central mechanics of the torps some. So maybe not so bad as I had thought.
    to sorta show volume
    emissary-0363.png
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralashleytingerAtolmJESRory1707
    Yeah… we’ll, another option if you want something there might be to do something like that “window” that Lily saw Australia out of on the 1701-E… like some type of small viewport normally covered by a blast shield, or whatever that was.
    Just put in huge windows 12X3 jamb to jamb but in profile due to the lean only 6ft tall or so.
    emissary-0364.jpg

emissary-0365.jpg
    lewisnivenashleytingerLoopholeBolianAdmiralLizzy777JESraztovRory1707
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Personally, my recommendation is to cut the height of those windows by one third to one half, and move them forward to the next panel line. Otherwise, this is looking amazing as usual. :)
    Atolm
    Lower panels in and all the hatches and stuff merged into the hull. Added some markings for the heck of it.

emissary-0367.jpg
    emissary-0368.jpg
    emissary-0369.jpg
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerscifiericWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLoopholeJESLizzy777Rory1707
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    How the heck do you do it MadKoi? You took a design that was making me go BLECH at my screen in disgust...

And now I'm sitting here looking for all the world like one of the Minions going "oooooooohhh" in awe at how good it looks. Those nacelles are insanely good looking with the panels you did.

Black Magic? Ia Ia 3DSMax Flhagan? Sacrificing a virgin mocha a day to your video card?
    Daily ritual when I wake up is to make a triple latte. >_>

More decals and some panels, looking at alt colors to lessen the "red tape" Might just forgo some of the warning stuff for a less cluttered look. Idea is most of this will greek away at further distances. Again probably getting carried away for the LOD agreed upon.
    emissary-0371.jpg
    Procrastinating on collapsing the main hull but probably will have to face that this week.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerLoopholeBolianAdmiralJES
    Some more decals.
    emissary-0374.jpg
    emissary-0375.jpg
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralLizzy777JESRory1707
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    The decals and small geometry are really giving this a sense of scale!
    Decals and paneling looks great. And I love the glowy effect on the little blue sensor crystal, or whatever it is, lol.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    That long 'neck' like section, ending in the photon torp launchers, you might want to keep a copy of, as is, in a separate file entirely. Because I'm almost positive you could make one awesome looking Klingon ship from it, with only minor mods, once you're done with this hull.

NOTE: keep using it for this hull, I wasn't suggesting you don't. Please keep doing so.
    Loopholeseanr
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Madkoifish, that is VERY pretty!
    BolianAdmiral
    edited June 2021 #2331
    Thanks guys, dunno if I would recycle parts of ships in such large segments. So far all i do is scrounge smaller elements like hatches lifeboats greebs and things sorta like auto manufacturers do with knobs locks and things like that.

I forget if square lifeboats or the sov ones were requested. Here are some pulled off my Galaxy for scale. Figured they would need to scale down 25% or so to match and would still contain enough people per pod 3~6 vs the higher cap of the galaxy ones (granted those are pods behind a flappy door where you could go the sov style with the square hatch being the blast shield allowing for a larger pod itself. Either way the tops are all we are worried about and I think the Galaxy ones are just too large to work with the layout on the drawings. I have not compared the VOY pods as I am sure those hatches are much smaller than the Galaxy ones as the ones on the Ambassador I do not think scale either (big oops in TNG as they just used whatever. I think the Ambassador were price labels just stuck on the hull. The Galaxy might have been the same prior to the repaint for generations.
    emissary-0378.jpg
    Also main hull is collapsed and in the midst of being optimized and reflowed in places to clean up the mesh. Mostly just clearing mass areas of edges that are not needed. You can see some parting lines I have added to detach sections. Outside of that there is not much visually changed as this is intended, dump thousands of polies if not more for the same look. Not to mention make it less eye bleed while working on it. Great fun will be dividing up the hull to work on smaller parts so I can avoid screwing up far side faces during edits etc. That and visual clearances around the roll bar. Likely that will get lopped off anywhere along a loop then reattached.

About to dump the pretty HDRI for a more over lit one for these all around renders. The one I am using has a dead zone as I prefer some darkness to one side but it really hinders WIP lol.
    Some wires, large files.
    emissary-0380.png
    emissary-0381.png
    emissary-0382.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JESRory1707
    Aft obs room in, well the cavern and windows for it are at least. Central light will likely get yanked off in favor of the ones on the fins. This room probably will be a lounge of some sort, a out of the way one, or maybe not I dunno. Space is probably oversized atm as it is just a box off the window jambs.
    emissary-0385.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JESRory1707
    edited June 2021 #2333
    Looking great! The Galaxy (or Voyager) style lifeboats are what I’d like, since that’s what’s depicted on the original drawing. Plus, I’m not sure the Sovereign ones would look that good with this ship.

I actually would keep that central light, but that’s me.
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    Actually, I’m wondering if maybe it would be an idea to put a Starfleet emblem along with a “clipped” or shortened pennant stripes, on the top of that deflector housing? Kinda like on the shuttlebay of the Nebula? Would it at least be possible to see a test of how it might look, please?

19ky8vk7ls6w.jpeg
    edited June 2021 #2335
    Here is a quick dirty clone off the nacelles. I could make it much smaller and put the delta in the wave guide (or whatever it is) indent area and let the stripes flow backwards.

Then again once rendered if I push it forward and move that central blinker, it might work. Is a bit wide atm as the green panels likely would start to be visual mess as the sides wont be wide enough to peek beyond the stripe. EG it would be hard to understand what the green bits would be with the width of the pennant. Anyhow I will leave this object there as a template to see how it looks.

Wave guide or tractor alt deflector or whatever it is.
    emissary-0386.jpg
    emissary-0387.jpg
    quick and dirty pennant.
    emissary-0388.jpg

That forward blinker will probably move to the leading edge of the hull there instead of where it ended up.
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777JESRory1707
    Okay, I really like how the pennant looks there. I’d leave it as it it, position-wise. I like the little wave guide bit.
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    You are truly one of the best when it comes to the little details/greebles. I love the look of the sensor housing above the deflector, and the fins on the aft part of the deflector housing, and well everything else in general actually.
    Messing about with this area of the ship I just did not like what I had nor how it would have ended up with all thew details in. So a different approach.
    emissary-0389.jpg
    emissary-0390.jpg
    emissary-0391.jpg
    emissary-0392.jpg
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    It has this reinforced feel to it that fits with the deflector dish up front. Loving what you're doing with this.
    Just noticed something, the SOV pennants are inverted from the Defiant and Voyager, and well pretty much everything that uses the delta logo. (except the refit, so yeah I dunno wtf at this point as shuttles etc are fat side up.)

So some flip flopping about and realigning and it now follows most of the rest of canon.

emissary-0393.jpg
    Stuff from last night. Just loosely mapping out panels etc and planning out all the ratios of stuff.
    emissary-0395.jpg

My gaps on those tan sections might be too narrow on these further out renders. GRRR had them spaced wider earlier and undid them as they looked too far apart! heh. Typical.
    Lizzy777JESRory1707