Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DJR WIP Thread

13»

• JRXTINJRXTIN112 Posts: 62Member
    31fb2hu4vdww.png
    0nq8i3io8955.png
    f8zy950jnsia.png

Checking out the scaling - it's exactly where it needs to be. You can tell this isn't the Romulan's best ship. Kirk isn't taking any smack talk off a Starglider's captain. The Starglider's through deck will take the Enterprise's shuttle though. It's far more useful than the Connie's little shuttle bay.
    LoopholeLizzy777publiusr
    vwahh9akmc9g.png

Scaling a shuttle Galileo. I'm trying to match the scale of the full scale prop built for "The Galileo Seven," otherwise I will need a bigger JR-Prise. As you can see, there is no standing room in the full scale model -

wkf0s0t5dd2d.jpg

The Star Trek V shuttle and Discovery shuttles are huge by comparison -

fzecyrdljob0.jpg

09milbxala8s.png

Lizzy777publiusr
    irtsw22am0d9.png
    2p6rqo1l9jxx.png

Had to hop over and work on this guy a bit. I'm liking it a lot better with the feather pattern on it.

Lizzy777
    5pu2cz67agrt.png

And now back to the Starglider. Many miniscule changes have been made which do not stand out from this angle, but I like the shot.
    LoopholepubliusrLizzy777
  • publiusrpubliusr282 Posts: 1,381Member
    So elegant...
    x5pnhvnt7zq8.png

I spent way more time modelling and uv mapping this than it's worth. It's got more detail than the JR-Prise now. Still not a lot for the time involved, but getting those tapering shapes on a cylinder without the shading getting wonky just ate up the hours.

At least it looks better than the plain old cylinder still on the starboard nacelle -

vhomp0m32bqa.png

It doesn't seem like a lot of modelling but it's so much more than the Picard Bird of Prey -

6pudt049dpl5.jpg

Hard to believe how well that model held up. The short wing just looks silly now though.

publiusr - Thanks mate. It will get finished.

Lizzy777Loophole
    5wfl2xcne6c6.png

Is it finished? If I zoom in it's not! I meant this one to be ship-of-the-week level of detail though and I think it's already beyond that.
    LoopholeLizzy777
    rd3u8y5mdhhq.png

The bottom bird graphic is shaping up. I don't know about the change to the graphic on the bottom fin. It doesn't look as good from above now.
    LoopholepubliusrLizzy777
  • publiusrpubliusr282 Posts: 1,381Member
    You might reduce the ventral fin. I love the graphics. Ever think about doing the FASA Decker...but with Excelsior nacelles?
    Some of the FASA designs are great and some of them shouldn't have made the cut. I'd put the Decker in the latter category. The impulse drive is firing right into the engineering hull!

It's nice to know Captain Decker shaped up and became a man worth naming a ship class after. If I design a post-TMP era ship maybe I'll give it the Decker class name. It won't look much like FASA's Decker though. It will definitely look better with the Excelsior style nacelles.
    Loophole
    xhjj1hvumjqi.png

There's really nothing wrong with the TOS era Romulan look.
    Loophole
    qp0zgy2x0xet.png

Only a little wear and tear to add and this one will be ready to go!

amraufsncled.png

Starglider with her entire crew complent of 130. I didn't realize the crew was that large, but it looks like they'll fit. She may not even be as cramped as the FASA manual says. These guys are spread out over five decks, counting the bridge deck and a space under the hanger deck.

Lizzy777eagledocf15