Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    Yeah uvw when it knows not what to do with a planar surface perpendicular to the mapping.

Some work on the bridge. Last image is a raised rib take on the forward detail. Parts are dummy and not fully aligned yet. Bit of a pita due to the shapes involved. Other take is these shapes are inset into the hull creating large clunky panels.

emissary-0228.jpg

emissary-0229.jpg

emissary-0230.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    ALT visual angles are not correct but done dirty to just show an example. Note the side V shapes are not even etc. I think a lot of this is due to the area only being half a inch or so in the pen drawing.

emissary-0231.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777
    Here is the other idea. It is only the forward "sensor" thing or whatever others would be grooves or ribs, not gotten to them yet but they wont be the same detail.

emissary-0232.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Oh, wow... I like all of those, but I’m partial to either idea 2 or 3.
    Various failures,

emissary-0233.jpg

emissary-0234.jpg

And what I think is it, maybe some adjustments here and there.

emissary-0235.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777LoopholeGestaltJES
    I like that last one.
    Quickly mapping out the surrounding hull and deciding how I will merge this part into the rest of it. Also working out what details are what here.

emissary-0239.jpg
    emissary-0240.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmirallewisnivenJES
    Working on the colorway and messing around with things. Added in the aft conference windows. Dark gray stripe area would be officers offices etc.

emissary-0244.jpg

emissary-0245.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777JES
    Oh, nice... I like it! Those conference room windows look nice. I like the hatches or lifeboats, or whatever.
    WELP a preview I guess as I gotta junk it all and lower the windows by about a foot .5m or so so you can look out while seated but stand and still have decent ceiling above you. EG want 7ft doors and a 1ft jamb above just seemed a bit too hemmed in and a little too close to the hull for my tastes.
    emissary-0246.jpg
    I also need to figure out what is up with the lighting in this file vs earlier ones. Everything looks too much like a AO diffuse light vs hdri.

Also a question before I go too far into detailing, what era are we shooting for? More sov than voy? Just want to know what style of fine details to add in. Shooting for a blend of those two styles right now.

Not sure what those pads are behind the bridge, they are teal boxes or that shape with divisions in. It is like that area surrounding the bridge front. I think I have seen it on a fed ship somewhere in some form besides the row of white boxes (voy) or tan divisions (galaxy)
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralJES
    Yup a truncated roll down where you get "In...ma" got scrolled somewhere in the colorspace menu. Really hate how vray handles these as just scrolling the menus will select these drop downs and scroll them to whatever. I changed the hdri out for table mountain again (what I was using in my galaxy renders) as the one I was using seemed to create a more huge stadium shadow pattern EG more than one major shadow. I really wanted to not use table as it does hide things so I have to keep rotating the map to light areas up.
    emissary-0247.jpg
    emissary-0248.jpg
    oh boy that no material pink box is really doping the ambient in the office.
    Lizzy777LoopholeBolianAdmiralseanrJES
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Also a question before I go too far into detailing, what era are we shooting for? More sov than voy? Just want to know what style of fine details to add in. Shooting for a blend of those two styles right now.

Yeah, a blend of those two is fine, obviously with a bit of Galaxy thrown in, like with the deflector and nacelles. But your current approach of blending the styles is working nicely.

Also, an addendum on the detailing... in terms of the lifeboats themselves, if I had a preference, I'd opt for the TNG/VOY style, myself.
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Based on the engines, this definitely feels like the detailing should skew heavily toward the late TNG era. I don't think Sovereign-style details would fit at all, personally.

What's the width of that bridge module and have you accounted for turbolifts in that?
    BolianAdmiral
    Yeah, I talked to Atolm today, and he said he had TNG-style detailing in mind when he drew it, so I’d definitely keep with the TNG/VOY style details.
    Turbo lifts are central behind the blister with a singular hall leading to the 3 aft rooms side witht he hall would be the one with the crappers as it eats into the space. Offices will be quite small. Needing to fudge stuff as I have to match the drawing vs matching the bits to the interiors. I would probably prefer to have them off to one side of the bridge but again need to match the image. Figuring the bridge would be voyager esque in size. Everything is sunken below the hull deck by a few feet.

emissary-0251.jpg
    emissary-0252.jpg

Lifeboats I was planning to do something like my Balmung. A sov like heatshield vs a flap. Granted there is not much visually different between the two short of some surfacing detail.

Details I was thinking about not in the image would be all the VOY like pills and boxes and color vs the more drabbed sov and higher contrast angular plating.

Render shows some older dummy tops showing scale of a lift to the rest of the structure. (2.7mX2.7m) Probably a bit much as the details for the Voyager make them look a lot smaller. I wont be using these "borrowed" bits. If I have lift details on the hull they will be more like what you see on the Voyager than the parts I merged in for samples.

Here is a rough top down that sort of works things out. Not part of the project but meh.
    Pink squares are 6ftX6ft, yellow are 4ft wide. Large blue room 25X12, med blue is 12X11, small blue are 8X12. Not all would need to be rooms or be the layout I have here. Figured the pink rooms are toilets or the like other small ones could be machine rooms storage or small confined meeting rooms Such as the ones off the conference room. Figure the 2 large rooms would be capts ready room and a VIP office. Measurements are in ft but can be adjusted for metric as I am leaving a lot of airgap. KIM the hull does taper so rooms would adjust to fit. And again this is just suggestion as I am only modeling spaces with windows and those will be loose spaces.
    emissary-0253.png
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryJES
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    How about the window in bridge is look better way?
    Wat?

Nice work on the bridge area so far! I know working out the spaces and measurements and whatnot can be a PITA sometimes. I figured this ship would have the top couple decks sunken in, like the Defiant and Voyager bridges, based on the original drawing. Your original figure for the conference room height, with a 7-foot door, and a 1-foot space of wall between the top of the door and ceiling is consistent with the figure given in the TNG tech book, which says that standard ceiling height in corridors is 8 feet, so that's spot-on.
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    cool65 wrote: »
    How about the window in bridge is look better way?
    I read that three times and it still isn't making sense. :confused:

@MadKoiFish makes sense. FYI, the Voyager bridge is basically the same size as all of them going back to the TMP set and supposedly TOS as well (IIRC) - though it's a different shape, if you averaged it out, it'd come out to about 36ft in diameter same as the others. The TNG bridge, I believe, was a bit narrower and a bit longer for the same average (Rekkert would be better to confirm that), so you can definitely get away with pushing things around and still maintain the same rough overall floor area.
    BolianAdmiral
    Well the bridge block in is 38X41ft. SO eh I guess. Be more voy living room couch layout >_>

I think he means windows on the bridge which is a massive no no and I will NEVER do such.

Generally I was not planning to work out too much just rooms viewable from outside or large enough to merit it. As agreed I wont be doing fancy rooms in all windows etc. Plan is to box rooms but not plan them out fully. Leaving that to other work or least leaving it flexible enough that something else can be interpreted into the space. As is what I posted is just my IDEAS and how I am working out the space.

Images show me seeing how some tan like voyager plates look on things. Just simple boxes vs any sort of pattern etc for now. As well as some carried away window dressing.

emissary-0255.jpg
    emissary-0256.jpg
    emissary-0257.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777LoopholeJES
    Looking good. Amen to the never any bridge windows. I like how the Voyager tan looks in contrast to the rest of the hull. I also like that window dressing...it reminds me of that exterior shot of the D’s ready-room from the end of BOBW.
    More stuff. Still not sure what to make of the orange things yet. Maybe they can be sensor pits.

emissary-0263.jpg
    emissary-0264.jpg
    emissary-0265.jpg
    BolianAdmiralAtolmLizzy777LoopholeJES
    Very nice. The orange things... hmmm... I’d just say they’re equipment panel covers, like those yellow strips by the impulse engine. Maybe certain types of panel covers are color-coded, according to what kind of equipment they pertain to?
    Atolm
    Actually, now that I look at the original drawing, I think the two yellow panels in the front of the ship, and the two above and behind the impulse engine are supposed to be TNG-style transporter emitters.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    I love her Koi!
    Yeah that was those were to become but the ones directly behind the bridge are a tapered rectangle on a angle to the ships laterals.

emissary-0268.jpg
    emissary-0269.jpg
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralLizzy777ashleytingerAtolmJES
    Beautiful.
    I forget what I did from then and now. . . . but figured I would post some renders that I saved (most do not) Mostly just a few holes greebs and lots of small chamfers and probably stuff no in the renders. EG spent most of any time to tweak the subd stuff.
    emissary-0270.jpg
    emissary-0271.jpg
    I do plan to figure out some sort of interface for the back half of the bridge blister, least something other than it just sitting there or welding it in and chamfering it.

I still need to take this system down to rewire it as the AIO added so many more frikin wires all over. That and my work area is so cluttered with crap. I finally just took the cintiq down to clear room so my leech/gaming while rendering pc monitors are not all just all over the place (they are on a gas arm mount)
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES
    Nice… I like the exposed circuit or sensor bits and bobs atop the bridge.
    Probably getting carried away as we talked about LOD being a bit lower but eh. heh Girl is for scale to show size of the bits. Really take inspiration from the gabe Korner work for the I think borg invasion voyager hero details. Still love those close ups to this day and I think IRMLs voy model wip images that used those for reference.

emissary-0272.jpg

I will be doing some stuff like this all over in all the pits. Some will just like on my onimaru be cloned objects as sets others will get custom arrangements depending on the location.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES