Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAmbassador Class Bridge (new attempt)

seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
edited April 2021 in Work in Progress #1
hbmltewlzoku.png

This is technically my third attempt at this bridge, but really the second that was ever worth sharing. I'm still not completely sold on it, though.

ly94yzrf8aoo.png

2p8l8aat999m.png
Post edited by seanr on
ashleytingerRekkertBolianAdmiralraztovLizzy777solaremesLeoBerlinAtolmStephan WaterstramSoul Screamand 3 others.

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Sold on it or not I think she looks amazing
    Atolm
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited April 2021 #3
    I'd swap the Captain's chair for a more TNG-ish design, but other than that I love this! :D
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiral
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Yeah, I think I'd throw in a few more TNG-ish elements... the shapes and looks of the alcoves and display cutouts is giving me a much more Stargazer/Hathaway vibe, meaning an older, more TMP-ish ship... the Ambassador isn't that old... she should have a vibe of something newer than an Excelsior... IMO. That having been said, I love the overall floor plan and look. Keep the TNG wall fabric in the alcoves, and the TNG CONN & OPS stations, but maybe switch out that TMP-ish Tactical station with a TNG one... maybe like the one from the 1st season Battle Bridge? As always, just my two cents.
    Stephan Waterstram
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Maybe add the E-D era LCARS panel/alert lights into some of the white spaces near the back and front.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    If we're going Ambassador era they were the film Okudagrams at least up until the Enterprise C was destroyed. The Ent-D style LCARS wouldn't show up on screen until 2354 (on the Raven on Voyager) but as of 2344 they were still using the Okudagrams of the films.

I guess it would depend on when you're setting this and if that Ambassador had gotten an upgrade.
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    I think this is a great in-between of the ST:VI Enterprise/Excelsior styles and the eventual TNG style.
    If we're going Ambassador era they were the film Okudagrams at least up until the Enterprise C was destroyed. The Ent-D style LCARS wouldn't show up on screen until 2354 (on the Raven on Voyager) but as of 2344 they were still using the Okudagrams of the films.

I guess it would depend on when you're setting this and if that Ambassador had gotten an upgrade.

The funny thing is, that if you recall, in TNG’s first season, they were still using the colors of the film-era LCARS with the TNG style... greens and blues... the only time we really saw anything orange or red, was on corridor panels and the alert indicators, so it’s possible that the Ambassador could even use TNG LCARS, using the first season colors, and it would still fit. It never made sense to me that that far beyond the time of the B, Starfleet was still using film-era uniforms and graphics. Picard’s nightmare flashbacks to the Stargazer battle showed his crew wearing first season TNG uniforms, and that was some years before the D.
    Stephan Waterstram
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I'd swap the Captain's chair for a more TNG-ish design, but other than that I love this! :D

Yeah, the chairs haven't been touched yet - just carried over from the TFF set (actually a Kusanagi set concept based on that) to have something there. They'd need to be updated to more or less match what was in Yesterday's Enterprise (the chairs at least weren't as bad as the overall set!).
    Rekkert

This will probably be the bridge it launched with.

xnqziw5yn1wm.png

146voub9jvf7.png

cdyg9dyiukgd.png
    (and that's the dud...)
    Lizzy777ashleytingerdarkthundersolaremesLeoBerlinStephan WaterstramSoul ScreamStarCruiserRory1707caveat_imperator
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Definitely put an E-D bridge runner in there I reckon, keep the shape of the E-B/TMP era viewscreen, but show it beginning to transition to TNG era, give it a small bridge runner like the E-Ds (or at least the blinkers are the size of the TNG ones, even if the runner itself is wider. and put two smaller TMP era LCARS panels on either side of it
    darkthunder
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    n0c0gvp54qj1.png

dva354fdfln9.png

9ln5urbicdft.png

pi6w72latd4r.png
    Lizzy777mdtasolaremesashleytingerBolianAdmiralStephan WaterstramSoul ScreamStarCruiserRory1707caveat_imperator
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I love it. Great bridge.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Stunning, one of best artists I've seen
    I love the Trek V vibes I'm getting from this. So good.
    darkthunder
    Thanks, everyone!

ueyuxij2mach.png

7jkqazy99c3b.png

nrbx7rp5ktkt.png
    mdtadarkthunderRekkertLizzy777BolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratorywolfmanStephan WaterstramSoul ScreamStarCruiserand 2 others.
  • lexington1709lexington1709339 Posts: 29Member
    This is a sweet looking bridge!
    Stephan Waterstram
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Its an odd duck, in a good way.

It feels like it belongs to the era of the Ent A/Excelsior/early Ent B. It mostly reminds me of the Ent A from The Final Frontier

There are some links to TNG with those forward consoles.

It is bright and optimistic, so before it became weary after conflict with Klingons and Romulans.
    This is looking really nice.
    sdqw3apohtrx.png

rl3yaomgigzx.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777RekkertMadKoiFishStephan WaterstramSoul ScreamStarCruiserRory1707caveat_imperator
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Stunning bridge
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    edited April 2021 #23
    Love the mixture of surfaces in this bridge.... they really work well together... and I really dig that neon blue around the rim of the dome....
    Post edited by markmassey on
    Thanks!

Red alert:
    hbmltewlzoku.png

u2oc5ak5u8mp.png

2nm3xivk130r.png
    RekkertraztovashleytingerBolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777MadKoiFishwibbleStephan WaterstramSoul Screamand 3 others.
    hrj3sayrpcn5.png
    RekkertraztovashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777slybrarianStephan WaterstramSoul ScreamStarCruiserRory1707and 1 other.
    That came out amazingly well...I love how clean and uncluttered the set looks.
    Are you doing anything with those rectangle panels on the sides of the bridge?
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Loving those little screens at the side of the bridge with the alert indicators, a cool "in-between" step apt for the Ambassador.
    BolianAdmiral
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • lexington1709lexington1709339 Posts: 29Member
    I'm really digging this bridge!
    Stephan Waterstram
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautiful bridge! 🖖🏾
    Are you doing anything with those rectangle panels on the sides of the bridge?

Of course, just haven't decided exactly what yet. :D