Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited March 2021 #2222
    Ok redid the grids and now they are geo instead of stencils. Bit late on posting this.

emissary-0168.jpg
    emissary-0170.jpg
    emissary-0171.jpg

Did not really think about sticking a registry on the strut, considered doing so with the nacelles.

lol lego icon >_>
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLizzy777LoopholeFreakJES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty work, Sir!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    My comment earlier about the registry on the pylons actually got me wondering... and just note that I’m only throwing ideas out there, thinking ahead...

I’m wondering if maybe it might be an idea to have a repeater registry number on one side of the rollbar, like on the Reliant? It’s not something we’ve ever seen on any other ships, and truth be told, I kinda like it, but IDK...what do you think?

iqwmrgqwkpto.jpeg
    There is some precedence for that the Nebula has registry on the sensor palette it carries above the saucer. Granted that ship abounds in redundant ship markings. I think at one time it had 3 registries visible from the aft.

Only complaint I would have is how close to the reg the roll bar is makes it mostly decorative. I was thinking of some sort of aft reg number or ship name call out on the pod, but the aft span of the top surface of the roll bar could work too.
    BolianAdmiral
    Ok, yet more did this a while back sort of thing. This is me going on before remembering I was thinking of doing something different here but for now these are here just in case the idea fails.

emissary-0173.jpg

emissary-0174.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralFreakJES
    AND here is the idea. Intent is to bring the detail seen on the underside down into the struts. It is a bit exaggerated here Idea is to have it stepped off from the hull but not as much as it is here as I am just quick slapping bits here and there while adjusting things as needed. Also ignore the color patterns as it is me mapping out insets and other details on the hull.

emissary-0175.jpg
    emissary-0176.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralJES
    That seems like a nice approach.
    More small changes all around. Still dealing with the rear shuttle bays. Just really dislike the curvature leading to the end area loosening up, but to correct it other areas get to tight and create what look like hard edge corners. Overall form is what I want but those smoothing artifacts towards the ends are not desired. I know they likely would vanish when I re do the smoothing groups but I know it is there. All of this sorta stems from wanting the hull absolutely flat near those trunklines leading down the struts. So I might have to restructure that whole area. Also redid the central bits as I really disliked how those worked in order to sorta match the drawing.

emissary-0181.jpg

emissary-0182.jpg

TECHNICALLY I think to get this area to look like it does in the drawings the whole flat inner hull need to slop upwards to the rear, or that whole torp assembly is angled downward. ATM I have all faces flat as deck construction would lend to this arrangement over the other. EG logic in construction over form. Also looking a things I might have the backside of the lower blister a bit too long.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777JES
    I’m liking what you have so far for those bottom details... very nice.
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    I really love this guy!
    Again some older wip I didn't post. Had to take this system down to get rid of the stock cooler and stuff a ek aio in. Had planned to do a full open loop prior to all this covid crap but with that and most EK stuff not being easy to find I decided to just do something. EXP as it has been 85 for the last week or so here already.
    emissary-0186.jpg
    emissary-0187.jpg
    emissary-0188.jpg
    emissary-01898.jpg
    ANYHOW mostly all adjustments to return parts to what I had prior to messing with things or alterations to try to match a particular view in the illustration. I dunno why the smoothing groups seem to affect what I think is the aniso or roughness of the materials but it goes away when I collapse and reset the groups. So it wont be visible. For now I am forcing smoothing groups to help eliminate wire mess and ease clean up later EG it will allow me to pull hundreds if not thousands of edges off the model without a visual change in geo. Without them it can ease curves into areas I want FLAT or flat in one direction.

Just a few more areas to double check and some places I want to see if I can refine them better than I should be ready to collapse. . . famous last words. :O
    BolianAdmiralpubliusrZhor2395LoopholeLizzy777JES
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    stock cooler and stuff a ek aio in
    What does that mean?

Looking great. :)
    edited April 2021 #2234
    Went from this:
    ryzen7_3700x_4.png

to this:
    title.jpg

Stock cooler isn't bad for a stock one, but it lets the 3900x get a little too hot for me. Sadly AMD still insists on stupid fing clips so I really cannot do anything with it. EG, I would love to use it on my media pc a intel 6600, or my old aging work pc from 2011. (aio in it has evaporated most of the coolant.)

I had planned to do this:
    ek_quantum-kits_hero-360_d-rgb_1.jpg
    But when i built this pc stuff was out of stock (well that particular unit was not a product yet) and well covid hit. Now mark up is so high it just was not justifiable atm. Figure as my other AIO age one already needs replacement (10yrs old now??) I might reconsider it. I was put off by the pump in that one kit as it is made for dual 360 or larger rads and to cool a top tier cpu and gpu. I likely will only be getting a 3060ti maybe a 3070 but I doubt any time soon and likely not be able to find a founders to find a available cooling block to fit. That and I rarely have issues with gpu heat aging cards as gpus usually live WAY WAY past their usable life, cpus and mobos not so much. I still have a working gtx270 laying about.

Oh yeah, temps are about 38~64 where they were more like 40~80 before. All with ambient of about 28.8c.
    Not a huge update, just stenciling on the inner strut, better alignment of the "plasma" channel thing and a few flush vents off the backside. I then wasted the rest of yesterday messing with materials again.

emissary-0192.jpg

emissary-0193.jpg
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakJES
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    They almost look like variable geometry nacelles that can be tucked in
    Messing with the shuttle bays. I just did not like some of the shaping.

emissary-0196.jpg
    Also looking at creating a inner wall vs having just a flat face where the clam shell runs into. This area only have one top down view to work from. The 3/4 view kinda hints at a platform that could be just a inset color or a blocked off separate bit of plating set into the outer hull.
    sort of like this.
    emissary-0197.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777LoopholeFreakJES
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    emissary-0197.jpg

I like this version... I like the more substantial deck, like on Voyager.

Loophole
    How about it being offset to include the airlock? Or even going so far as to do the shutter door style entrance instead?

emissary-0198.jpg
    emissary-0199.jpg
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777JES
    Sure, that works nicely.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    The "shutter door" style I think would look better than the clamshell design. The clamshell makes the ship feel more TOS/TMP, whereas the clamshell on the Enterprise-E felt more like an "homage" to the older Enterprise. Both the Enterprise-D main shuttlebay, and the Enterprise-E main shuttlebay used the shutters.
    I like the clamshell, myself, as it adds a bit of legacy element to the design, like on the C and E. As for the side access doors, I forgot to add that of the two options presented, I personally prefer the smaller airlock door of the two.
    Ah, it is the same object just one was too short. The other was a quickie to hint at the one on the voyager. Also the colors are there just to define areas of different surfaces atm. I need to sit down and to the color set at some point for this. Just unsure how some of the shades in the illustration will translate later on.
    BolianAdmiral
    Some small changes here and there and a bit of narrowing of that hatch. All sorta rough work atm so it'll likely be remodeled when I collapse the mesh.

emissary-0202.jpg
    emissary-0203.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777JES
    Very nice... I think we made the right decision to offset the doors... I’m really liking how they look, with the small Voyager-like access doors.
    edited April 2021 #2246
    Keep refining things most not telling in render though. Floor and back wall are unique parts now. Added some loops to raise the poly count in some places. ATM the bay itself is done so far as subdiv is concerned so it is mostly all the areas around I am messing with.

emissary-0206.jpg
    emissary-0207.jpg

complete change in flow on the bottom of this area.

emissary-0208.jpg
    emissary-0209.png
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerLoopholeLizzy777JES
    edited April 2021 #2247
    Some full renders to show the changes. Messed about with the shape of the hull too, so that required relooping some stuff.
    emissary-0210.jpg
    emissary-0211.jpg
    emissary-0212.jpg
    Messing around with the deflector. Lighting needs work, and I am not sure about the structure atm, just goofing about.

emissary-0214.jpg
    emissary-0215.jpg

some small adjustments.
    emissary-0216.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777JES
    That's looking really nice... and I love the deflector!
    Rebuilt some stuff and going through and correcting loops again. Found a few meh things under the hoop where the side hulls meet it had bulges in from moving loops and not checking it was planar across the length. EG if I were to cut horz panel lines you would see them wobble down the hull. This is fixed now. Getting closer to chopping this up.

emissary-0218.jpg
    emissary-0221.jpg
    emissary-0222.jpg
    emissary-0223.jpg
    emissary-0224.jpg
    emissary-0225.jpg
    Lizzy777LoopholeBolianAdmiralJES
    Man, that looks great... I’m really loving how that deflector looks, too!
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Starfleet's testing out a new dazzle paint since they can't use cloaking devices, I see? :p

Looking good. :)