Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalProject Liberty 1/650

BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
Hello, all...

Since this isn’t a Dominion War kitbash, I’m starting a new thread. I’m starting a build of a small kitbash I did way back when, in the mid-90’s, where I slapped some Klingon D-7 nacelles onto a TOS Enterprise, and called it a Liberty-Class ship. Anyway, I wanted to do a new one, but in the much larger 1/650 scale, and painted up and detailed all nice an’ proper as a right true TOS ship. All the major bits and bobs are out and sorted, and the nacelles and saucer have been glued. Next step will be to putty and sand gaps and seams and whatnot. Hopefully this will go well. We’ll see.

us3rji6niank.jpeg

- BolianAdmiral
RekkertLizzy777Atolm
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Interesting concept, I'm surprised they didn't use it in TOS itself to create another Federation ship.
    BolianAdmiral
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    ^

Yeah, they did seem to like reusing parts of ships on TOS... I can see it happening. 😉
    Secondary hull and deflector housing assembled. Putty applied to gaps and seams, so just waiting for everything to dry good, then it’ll get a good wet-sanding.

1f22knjflow8.jpeg

- BolianAdmiral

Lizzy777AtolmRekkert
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Kind of a proto-Galaxy concept. Also a push towards the refit as well. Now, one of the things I would like to see is this: Remember the Hood concept from Krause some time ago? He shortened the secondary hull, but put a collar on it. Now that on a full length hull would look better to me, but with a Decatur class proto-Belknap saucer that Aridas Sophia did a top view of in a little known blueprint set.

Use the Endeavor type nacelles, and either Quindar supports and or USS Vengeance type supports so that those early linear nacelles look to be slanted when seen from the front
    Secondary hull puttied, alternate deflector dish assembly underway.

hqv6615suhi9.jpeg

5krdu98s0k6f.jpeg

- BolianAdmiral

Lizzy777Rekkertsrspicer
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    What part is that? Part of a jet?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    What a weird color to mold that kit in. heh. Guessing this is a reissue of that old AMT kit? Is it the round2 funky plastic or classic styrene? I loved working with that odd plastic they did those polar lights kits in.
    BolianAdmiral
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    publiusr wrote: »
    What part is that? Part of a jet?

Yeah... its an engine fan from a 1/32 scale F-14.

@MadKoiFish yeAh, it's the reissue that comes in the tin box. It is an odd color, to be sure.