Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    That article was a great read. I never thought about any potential gizmos hiding under the surface of those simple chairs, but tying it to Jefferies' design philosophy makes sense.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited April 2021 #3213
    @Warp Propulsion Laboratory: Glad you think so, thanks for reading! :D

I worked on the front console for the Ent-C bridge. After several different ideas, I went with a mix of an MSD and a sector map. I originally had the MSD much bigger, but it didn't look right being right next to a panel with a large side schematic of the ship, it was too similar. So I made it smaller and placed it on the opposite side of the console.

With this finished graphic, here's the final render for the art challenge image. It's mostly identical to the last update, but I tweaked the lighting and the other okudagrams a bit more. Also, it's the first image I render in 1440p, so make sure to open it up to see it in full. :D

tadeo-d-oria-11.jpg?1617234391
    tadeo-d-oria-yesterday-s-enterprise.jpg?1617403183
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    ashleytingerraztovWarp Propulsion LaboratoryTenaciousMCLizzy777Captain SerekmdtasolaremesDoctorShmullus
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @Rekkert - the ceiling piece was also seen on that merc ship bridge in "Gambit Parts I and II" as well as the Pasteur bridge from "All Good Things..."
    Rekkert
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Wow, the Console are great!
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Looking good.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • TenaciousMCTenaciousMC4 Posts: 3New Member
    This is looking great!
    Rekkert
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    I'm glad you went with clods of dirt, per canon. :D
    Rekkert
    @Rusty0918: Yup, I know it was reused later, I mentioned just the battle bridge use as that was the room we were talking about. :)

@trekki: Glad you like it!

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@TenaciousMC: Thank you. :)

@seanr: lol, of course, how else would you know the ship is damaged without the rocks? :p

I spent yesterday remodeling the keyboard area on the aft consoles, and today I've finished the okudagrams for its second row of panels. The mesh of the bridge structure itself dates back to the USS Zodiac bridge of 2017, my seventh bridge model in Blender. So even if I did my best back then, it wasn't up to par with my current work. I had already retouched other parts of the bridge for this Enterprise-C project, but those aft stations were still the same until now.

tadeo-d-oria-12.jpg?1617420565
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerCaptain SerekLizzy777mdtasolaremesWarp Propulsion LaboratoryTenaciousMC
    Nice work.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautiful my friend!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    I've finished the remaining new graphics for the aft consoles! I'll do a last cleanup and check pass just to make sure I didn't forgot anything, but I think the bridge's now finished!

tadeo-d-oria-13.jpg?1617526586
    BolianAdmiralpubliusrLizzy777solaremesTenaciousMC
    Nice.
    Rekkert
    edited April 2021 #3224
    Okey, I did have to further clean up the geometry around the viewscreen area, but now it is finished! I also did some red alert renders, why not lol.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1617530056
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1617530017
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1617530032
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1617530041
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1617574890
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1617574899
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1617597204
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1617597212
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1617574865
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1617574874
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1617574882
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-enterprise-c-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1617574907
    ashleytingerseanrLizzy777BolianAdmiralsolaremesWarp Propulsion Laboratorylewisniven
    Absolutely beautiful. Well done my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Damn, I don't know if it's the lighting or lack of debris, but seeing those renders makes the C's Bridge seem a lot more roomy than it looked on screen.
    ashleytingerRekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Definitely the lack of debris. lol

It looks great.
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Always had a soft spot for this one, even though it looked more like a battle bridge.
    Rekkert
  • solaremessolaremes27 Posts: 22Member
    I'm so happy that you were finally able to complete this mammoth project. You did an excellent job on recreating this canon bridge! Although I agree with the majority that the bridge is too small and unrepresentative for a starship called Enterprise ... it is canon nonetheless.

I love this green/blue LCARS - you should definitely do more late TMP or lost era projects ;-)
    Rekkert
    Beautiful Enterprise-C. I look forward to many more works.
    Rekkert
    edited April 2021 #3231
    Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you all liked the reproduction of the bridge, even if not the bridge itself but that's understandable hahaha.

@BolianAdmiral: Yeah, this set itself is HUGE when compared to the original Farpoint battle bridge structure. The extended side walls for the new doors means there's a lot more space. The main problem with the Ent-C bridge IMO isn't the size, but simply how empty it is. If they'd added some standing consoles at the sides or even more handrails, it would look a lot more fitting. Here's how this bridge structure and shape compares to the Farpoint one (represented here by the USS Victory), you can see it's a lot roomier.
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-04-10-17-42-10.jpg?1618087624
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-04-10-17-42-25.jpg?1618087629

I thought about doing the USS Bozeman bridge after the Enterprise-C, being just a light redress. But I just can't with that bridge, it's a continuity mess and my brain stops working if I think about it too hard. The computer displays are out of the 2290's, the consoles are TNG style (even with red labels!) and the ship itself is supposedly from the 2270's (between TMP and TWoK). So... no, just no lol. If they ever do a George Lucas style special edition of TNG, I hope they dub over the era the ship is from, that way I can rest easy at night once again.

Anyway, I still wanted to do another small and rather quick personal project, so I tackled one I've been thinking about for a while: the transporter room of the USS Yeager. Being such a compact ship with allegedly a very small crew (and wanting to do a transporter room that isn't just another redress of the TMP one), I used the second Defiant transporter as inspiration.

In keeping with the other Yeager rooms, I wanted this one to feel cramped and far smaller than what we see in ships of the line. And here's what I came up with, the transporter pad and the wall behind it will be heavily based on the Defiant's (but with Sovereign style coloring), while the rest is a custom design. The control console is taken from the Yeager engineering set, though I will be modifying the LCARS to have proper transporter controls. I had to increase the FOV on the cameras in order to fit in the entire room, being so small it's hard to get it haha. Very early stages as you can see, but all the basic shapes are there. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1618087602
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1618087610
    darkthunderLizzy777BolianAdmiralraztovsolaremesDoctorShmullus
    Wow, yeah, that IS roomy, lol. I like the transporter room so far... i always liked the one on the Defiant.
    Rekkert
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Yeah, I always liked the Defiant transport as well. The first version in particular, being in a corridor was a rather original idea and made sense for such a compact ship.

More progress on the room. I've added some acoustic panels on the side walls, similar to those on the Voyager/Enterprise-E transporter room. I've also started work on the aft walls of the transporter itself, though these ones are very much in progress.

The pad itself is now lit and nearly done as well, I redid most of it from scratch since yesterday, as after looking at better references from Valiant I realized how inaccurate my first version was. The side add-ons that make the pad wider (visible in both the linked screencap and on yesterday's renders) are still missing in this new version, but I plan on adding them back.

tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1618145662
    Lizzy777solaremesBolianAdmiralDoctorShmulluslewisniven
  • solaremessolaremes27 Posts: 22Member
    I am always enthusiastic about your work and creativity. Cool idea to combine Defiant interios with a Sovereign style. It looks great!

Regarding the Bozeman bridge: I totally agree that the canon bridge does not fit into the 2270s at all. In my head canon, I always imagined the shown bridge as a bridge of the Apollo class (Nebula variant of the Ambassador Class). Maybe this will help you sleep ;-)
    Rekkert
    Good start.
    Rekkert
    Like what I’m see so far. Since you’re doing Defiant interiors with a Sovereign style maybe her bridge could be done in that style as an update to the original. Just a thought. 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    @solaremes: Thanks! Yeah, that bridge would fit in nicely for the Apollo-Class. :)

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@Rory1707: Glad you do! Well it's not really a Defiant interior itself, I'm just using the transporter pad because I think it fits better given the size of the ship, but the rest of the room is almost entirely Sovereign inspired (just like the bridge and engineering were).

Worked on the ceiling, so the main light fixtures are now in place. I still have to add spotlights and other smaller details around the area though.

The transporter pad is now complete as well, I've added vertical handrails at each side of it to help people get in and out. I think they work well with the style and mimic the similar element I had around the warp core in engineering.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1618200298
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1618200324
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralsolaremesashleytingerDoctorShmullusLeoBerlin
    I've worked on the wall behind the controls, adding a fabric pattern similar to that present on the aft section of the Yeager bridge. I thought about adding a glass LCARS panel as well, but IMO it wouldn't fit the more utilitarian look of the room, nor would it be very useful; so I added a column of acoustic panels in the middle, with a more traditional LCARS panel on it.

I've also reworked the other LCARS in the room. The main control panel now has those three classic vertical transporter controls, and on the side circuitry box I've added some isolinear chips modeled after those seen on the Enterprise-E transporter room.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-03.jpg?1618237364
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-02.jpg?1618237301
    Lizzy777darkthunderlewisnivenLeoBerlinBolianAdmiralseanrmdtaDoctorShmullus
    Looks good.
    Rekkert
    This looks so good my friend! Great job as usual! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Very nice!
    Rekkert