Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalUSS Kersh, 1K scale build is complete.

srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
edited April 2021 in Finished Work #1
Hello All,
I just finished this commission build of the Kersh, a Belknap class starship. The Belknap is my favorite fan design. The client requested that the Kersh be well seasoned and a little battle damaged. She is definitely ready for space dock. Here is a link to the build page, thanks for looking! srsprototyping.com/latest-project/uss-kersh-belknap-class-starship-commission-build/
675wwd9dpb25.jpgrfjzpc8ckdma.jpg
qmlqh06islcf.jpg

Post edited by srspicer on
Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkertBridger
Tagged:

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Could you do a version of the Balson? I like Aridas' elongated refit secondary hull the best. The Belknap secondary hull might look even sleeker with Viper's saucer from his refit era Akira--a low, dangerous looking saucer that is more beefy than Akyazi-but less than TMP Enterprise. Balson should have a wider saucer.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Great model, I don't like how the nacelle pylons of the belknap are mounted to the hull, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the work. Nicely done.
    srspicerpsCargile
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    Could you do a version of the Balson? I like Aridas' elongated refit secondary hull the best. The Belknap secondary hull might look even sleeker with Viper's saucer from his refit era Akira--a low, dangerous looking saucer that is more beefy than Akyazi-but less than TMP Enterprise. Balson should have a wider saucer.

I can build any design you would like with enough information.
    count23 wrote: »
    Great model, I don't like how the nacelle pylons of the belknap are mounted to the hull, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the work. Nicely done.

Thanks much!!

• seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Looks great!

BTW, those watermarks are quite obtrusive (particularly the second one - I actually wanted to see how you joined the pylons to the hull there). :(
    Not sure what you mean by 'water marks'. Sorry that they are 'obtrusive'. Did you follow the link to my website, where you can see the entire build process??? Your question is probably answered there. ;)
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    I was talking about the SRS watermark you've plastered right over the model on those photos. Anyway, there are indeed better shots of it on the site. Looks good.
    Thanks again!
    The pylons are just plug & glue. Tab A into slot B. It is a Federation Models product.
    publiusr
    srspicer wrote: »
    publiusr wrote: »

I can build any design you would like with enough information.

I was thinking some offerings along these lines
    https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/publiusrs-starship-designs-large-images.260404/

Lot of ideas there!
    publiusr
    I’ve often wanted to freshen up the refit...make it more streamlined. Balson extended secondary hull counterbalanced by a wider saucer, longer Raan nacelles.

I picture the bumps on the lower saucer to be mega-phaser turrets. The Abbe type impulse has aft firing torps like Disco Enterprise. Kelvin type pulse cannons on the saucer top.

The nacelle roots would have NX-01 impulse units next to the secondary hull— but thinner.

Three smaller forward torpedo emplacements in the neck.

But I can’t draw for crap. This was what the 1701-A should have been.

The even larger refit-zilla is —B

I loved Carey’s Dreadnought but the cover art was bulbous and comical...so I flattened it. Each saucer “facet” is supposed to have its own phaser and torpedo section, and I wanted the “point” of the octagon saucer to face forward...the secondary hull having full forward and aft emplacements of larger caliber.

But everything should be streamlined. All photocopier.
    srspicer
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nicely done!
    srspicer