Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Connie

2»

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    edited March 2021 #32
    She's a beautiful lady, and well modeled too! The bussards are perfect
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    scifiericlewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    She's a beautiful lady, and well modeled too! The bussards are perfect

Thanks very much 😊
    Gave her a proper texture job...

5crmp649gabc.png
    ds5dzshadrx9.png
    xibl7vsy0cki.png
    i9pb0i0l0pra.png
    vnkhccqzbp08.png
    rojrenscifiericashleytingerwibbleStarCruiserxiaorobearMadKoiFishtrekkiWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiraland 4 others.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Whoa, that disc looks like real gold. Excellent job.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That is really lovely. The only thing that I would point out is that the original Enterprise never had a lit circle on top of the front center saucer. Other than that, perfect!
    lewisniven
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    So gorgeous, you've really done a great job there, classic!
    lewisniven
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1999 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    So good!
    lewisniven
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    I can only agree with everybody else. Wonderful presentation of Star Trek's origin. It even makes me wonder why I wanted to redesign her so badly.
    lewisniven
    I just noticed the height markers on the stardrive section, incredible!
    lewisniven
    scifieric wrote: »
    That is really lovely. The only thing that I would point out is that the original Enterprise never had a lit circle on top of the front center saucer. Other than that, perfect!

It's on the Smithsonian model, was it a later addition or something?

178i1hauefvw.png
    ashleytingerscifieric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited February 15 #42
    It was there but not so fully lit if at all.

Here you can see the upper hole but it is not lit or super dim. KIM studio lighting can make lit or brightly lit things look dim.
    20121203-210133.jpg

example of the same shot but composited, and better lighting either in printing (from master) or scanning from the viewmaster slide)
    3826830846_87d1db6d04_z.jpg

I think I have a photo somewhere with the top hole and 3 fwd holes off the model and all the gouged out wood inside. The ship was like one of those never ending contracts where a client keeps adding to the job.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserashleytingerLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperator
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Interesting, having spoken to some other people it seems it definitely wasn't lit in the show. Given the people involved on the Smithsonian resto I'm surprised at what appears to be an error but never mind. I'll go with this;

rprhxzk17r1y.png
    raztovWarp Propulsion LaboratoryrojrenStarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    edited February 17 #44
    Yeah I thought they were infallible, but here we are. I'll make that change to my model too. Thanks for the research. Although I thought that the top of the saucer was supposed to be untouched by restorers for posterity?
    Post edited by Warp Propulsion Laboratory on
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser363 Posts: 44Member
    The paint wasn't touched - that doesn't mean that the lighting was left alone.
  • CptBenSiskoCptBenSisko3 Posts: 10Member
    it probably was intended to simply be an access panel for the lights in the front of the saucer, like the squares on the top.. even Paramount got it wrong, as they lit that exact spot on the CGI model for DS9:Trials and Tribulations.
    It's like those access hatches on the TMP Enterprise for the Voyager spacewalk :P
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    DS9 ep was not cgi, The enterprise, station and I think the Klingon ship are a Jein studio models.
    ashleytingerStarCruiser
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Yeah I'd forgotten about that but they were.
  • CptBenSiskoCptBenSisko3 Posts: 10Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    DS9 ep was not cgi, The enterprise, station and I think the Klingon ship are a Jein studio models.

yes.. you are correct my mistake..
    I like it lit (same with the dome on the bottom). It's one of those things that feels right even if it's not accurate, and sometimes that's what it all comes down to.
    lewisniven
    lewisniven wrote: »

It's on the Smithsonian model, was it a later addition or something?

178i1hauefvw.png
    Yeah, the plastic was there, but it was painted over to look like the hull during the series. Decades later it was brought in and they "cleaned" that part. Go figure.
    2hz2i7wjzg8y.png
    edited February 26 #53
    Forgot to add that they original thought when they found and cleaned that area was that it was added so that technicians could open up the hull and replace the three lights at the front of the ship.
    Post edited by scifieric on
    lewisniven wrote: »
    Interesting, having spoken to some other people it seems it definitely wasn't lit in the show. Given the people involved on the Smithsonian resto I'm surprised at what appears to be an error but never mind. I'll go with this;
    That is absolutely beautiful.
    CptBenSiskolewisniven
    Forgot to add that they original thought when they found and cleaned that area was that it was added so that technicians could open up the hull and replace the three lights at the front of the ship.

Ah interesting. It baffles me that this is screen incorrect at the Smithsonian, given that the Okudas we're consulting on it. If I get opportunity I'll ask Mike why it was done