Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Rodger Young (Starship Troopers stuff)

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Redid some things and added more panel lines and lighting on the center console by782c68fpdy.jpg
    Lizzy777McCFreakJES
    Getting closer, modeled more details on the screens and got more decals and textures in there. y8tg3jr17gt2.jpg
    xlciovpbp1jk.jpg
    raztovLizzy777MadKoiFishMcCFreakJeffrySGscifieric
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Absolutely stunning work on this, all-around.
    scifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I am just now realizing they dropped in full blown monitors into the bridge. They disguised them pretty well in the film.

This is amazing. I love that you're putting so much detail into the whole ship.
    scifieric
    Added some greebling outside the bridge...and some scale context and have to add some interior for the lower area, which is never seen.

sn4utkkm5xg6.jpg
    ukblbdwogoiq.jpg
    P5ych0p4thLizzy777McClewisnivenComcoscifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    edited January 2021 #127
    The exterior of the bridge reminds me of a helmet lol

Was just thinking about that scene where Carmen sends the video mail to Johnny and she's looking out on the gas giants. Maybe something like that for that room? I know we're close in on her there but it'd be something to extrapolate from.
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    BolianAdmiralscifieric
    The exterior of the bridge reminds me of a helmet lol

Was just thinking about that scene where Carmen sends the video mail to Johnny and she's looking out on the gas giants. Maybe something like that for that room? I know we're close in on her there but it'd be something to extrapolate from.
    I believe she is at the front of the bridge looking out the windows in that shot. Was thinking a combo of the room with the burial ceremony and another weapons control bridge
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    They're looking really nice. I really like the lights that are behind the frosted glass close to the floor. Really nice touch!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    The VHVMs look PERFECT, and I love how the full size monitors are modeled. Maybe the most convincing part of the render. I'm actually curious to see what the bridge looks like under different lighting conditions.
    The VHVMs look PERFECT, and I love how the full size monitors are modeled. Maybe the most convincing part of the render. I'm actually curious to see what the bridge looks like under different lighting conditions.

Thanks. Me too. There is a "red alert" mode in the movie where much of the lighting goes red. I should try that...
    Had made some fundamental mistakes on how the bridge was laid out at the start so spent the day moving lots of things around and resizing. Think it's a lot closer now!8af78kt9hpnf.jpg
    lewisnivenLizzy777McCrojrenComco
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    This looks incredible, the hull material is really great.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Words fail...

I just realized what you meant by VHVMs 🤣. The screens are just screenshots from the movie, I want to rebuild them in photoshop to they are nicer, but keeping the low rez crt vibe obviously.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I think that if I could get the exterior and bridge of my ship looking half as good as the work you've done on this thread I'd die a happy man...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    The exterior of the bridge reminds me of a helmet.

Really, this needs to be Master Chief’s ride, right?

Now, I understood they had a lot of extra time in post—IIRC...CINEFEX I believe.

I wonder if COVID delays might allow more of this sharpening of one’s art...
    publiusr wrote: »
    The exterior of the bridge reminds me of a helmet.

Really, this needs to be Master Chief’s ride, right?

Now, I understood they had a lot of extra time in post—IIRC...CINEFEX I believe.

I wonder if COVID delays might allow more of this sharpening of one’s art...
    Oh I should track that Cinefx down. I have the Bladerunner one, its great.
    Got the 2nd, lower interior done too. It's never seen anywhere, so i built some new greebles and details based on screenshots and reused some other ones like they did in the film. 9ycd0tu37pwi.jpg
    o8ojrep96dz5.jpg
    zc5v46iebvyk.jpg
    pj9f1u1oqfbt.jpg
    0s7irsky9cex.jpg
    o3x0592pcx8k.jpg
    MadKoiFishrojrenashleytingerMcCLizzy777EddieL
    Finally got some panel lines drawn on some of the large flat areas...Probably have a few more to do similar things on, but I think this was the most complex. I'm very happy with the result! 18o6c3rx3o2k.jpg
    tdm6yeo85vtn.jpg
    6hsqlkzf5acr.jpg
    fw0uyhnxjdxy.jpg
    k78t1ggin2wm.jpg
    Lizzy777McCEddieL
    Finally, finally got my dropship model in there. Trying out some similar lighting and angles from the film. Will need to add some more detail to that mysterious underside of the ship.

0krql8fhfzw7.jpg
    fny4ey8o0e9x.jpg

McCashleytingerLizzy777
    Okay, I found a few more shots of the VHVMs, if I find more I'll include them. But hopefully these might help.

d3aa0a365e0e3abda39dc4fa298661549e45f5e3.jpg
    4579134b67d826629525cdaff3eb5881eee58f1a.jpg
    f4085d562d2c3fee5656ec226483d539909730fa.jpg
    publiusr
    Haha! That's wild! Glad they got some use out of those!
    Oh yeah. I think there are four and they show up EVERYWHERE (hence the idea for the parody Tumblr). They're in Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly (as parking meters), Sarah Conner Chronicles, I think they probably showed up in Chuck... but they're usually in the background, so there aren't that many high res images of them around. They're usually in these tower configurations: panel, monitor, panel, box, and I use "VHVM" to refer to the whole thing.
    Slowly getting through the tower that gets destroyed by the asteroid, the "default" tower...6h04dtzywx3r.jpg

McCLizzy777JES
    Big update....finished a lot of straggler things. I modeled most of the extra models (a few more cargo parts to go) so I could easily make some variations by swapping out parts, like in the movie. Also finished up the standard issue tower. Here are a few test renders with the different parts in..

yyueyrkd3y1a.jpg
    1lehx5itkvcf.jpg

1qdkrz6oa241.jpg
    dqyvenpix3ze.jpg
    2cqzrrz2pyh5.jpg
    tpqnvuer5qth.jpg
    ok42ffytg91r.jpg

ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777McCFreakEddieL
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    God, the Rodger Young is such a beautiful ship. This and the B5 Omega are my two most favorite sci-fi ships.
    edited February 2021 #148
    Started putting together a shot....need to fix some things, but it's working overall! Very exciting.... 9g71qhdpqqyk.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    ashleytingerMcCLizzy777JES
    Lots more texture work....xwnlorbrc182.jpg
    Lizzy777McCJES
    edited February 2021 #150
    A render test of the whole shot...thanks to the guys on Discord and Viper especially for the atmosphere and other tips!

klendathu-0020-v02.gif
    Post edited by japetus on
    ashleytingerFreakMcCLizzy777publiusr
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Havnt checked here for a bit but this def didnt dissapoint! brilliant stuff mate!
    japetus