Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCount's Ambassador

count23count23359 Posts: 778Member
edited September 2021 in Work in Progress #1
My first WIP in *checks post history* 9 years!

Been threatening to make this for a long time, but I lacked the confidence or the skills to do it, now no more!

I present, the long neglected workhorse of the Lost Era, the Ambassador Class!

Hoping to do both canon variations, depending on how annoyed I get finishing her off, but I've been trying to make her happen since I joined SFM in 2002, now I am :)

Currently blocking her out, just got the nacelles out of the oven tonight, will be redoing the neck and finishing off the shuttlebay in the next few days with a bit of luck.

Thread Thumbnail:
blroazwep6fp.png

first post images.

akj8q2anefa3.jpg
fst7psy4r96a.jpg
d5kpffv9ilja.jpg

Post edited by count23 on
Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
Ambassador Class
lewisnivenRekkertBolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777scifiericpubliusrFreakpsCargile
Tagged:

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    As someone who has recently necro'ed an 8 year old wip.... welcome to the party :)

You've made a solid start man...
    scifieric
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Great progress so far! She's a beauty.
    scifieric
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Great job so far
    scifieric
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Great start! =)
    scifieric
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Good start. Keep going! I want to see you finish!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looks like you are off to a great start!
  • count23count23359 Posts: 778Member
    Been busy with work, so no major updates. But i took a first swing at the Warp Nacelles and main shuttlebay.

the nacelles shape is not quite finalized, but I'm pretty close to the final shape there. Did some refining of the neck shape too.

I _think_ the proportions are pretty close to the studio model now.

2a45vqdkpxip.png
    qehfvujhl67t.png
    34wgdnzk19hk.png

lennier1Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreakMcCsrspicerpubliusr
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    She looking good.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Freak wrote: »
    She looking good.

Agreed.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    I don't know if it'll be at all helpful, but feel absolutely free to mine my old Ambassador build thread for anything that might be useful. I love seeing Ambassador models come together and yours is off to a beautiful start.
    edited October 2020 #12
    Thanks @McC , I actually used bits of your original thread for inspiration on building my subd cage, hehe. I may totally be swiping your idea for how the saucer shuttlebay doors work, much more interesting and intricate than my original plan to have them just slide into the hull.

A few new pics today, finalized the neck shape and the shuttlebay for now. Descided on a Yamaguchi thick but 1701-C shaped shuttlebay. Not been able to work on it much, hoping to do the pylons and a final proper rebuild of the nacelles in the next few days, then... detailing.

gvd2z626fylh.jpg
    tatrc9gjvtqr.jpg
    eugh22a7ghl6.jpg
    3zb8t57trm7g.jpg
    JayruLizzy777ashleytingerFreakMcCsrspicerWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    edited February 2021 #13

I'm not dead!

A few updates. Might be considered small to some, but updates none the less. I have pretty much finished the warp nacelle modelling now, a few tweaks here and there, re-creating the RCS thrusters and a few decals missing, but nearly finished and ready to move on to the hull. Threw some basic materials on to make it look a little less flat, heh.

Staff meetings are great for working on something more interesting :)

To Finish:
    Bottom decal below front of the nacelle.
    Replace RCS thrusters at back of nacelle
    Tweak front Bussard shape slightly (It's a bit too blocky still).

8j1xvyej1tw4.png
    wa1eawcn98ve.png
    6yeh9n9bbu0i.png
    2527q1qojkkh.png
    ashleytingerlewisnivenLizzy777RekkertFreakMadKoiFishMcCMartocticvsBrandenberg
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    sg09qwwsvnfx.png
    ashleytingerlewisnivenWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777RekkertFreakMcCJMP11Brandenberg
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looking good, it's coming together!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    This is one sweet looking ship.
    Holy Crap, has it really been 6 months since i touched this last? Shows how busy I've been with work I guess.

In any case, picked her back up last week and continued. Bridge deck is pretty much done, minus windows and a few other panel lines and maybe one or two adjustments to general shape.

Put down some initial shield lines on the saucer, largely based on Sternbach's original blueprints rather than what we saw on screen. Gives a very Excelsior vibe in some angles, eh?

idborkk0bf6m.png
    kqrgtankoe9g.png
    njv3biek8dl8.png
    ozyplmtb07z8.png

McCashleytingerLizzy777FreakMartocticvsxiaorobearpubliusr
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    edited September 2021 #18
    An update just to prove i'm not slacking off.

I rebuild the saucer a half dozen times, but i started putting in the remaining details. all that's left is shield lines and a few greebles on the bridge decks and we can call the saucer done and ready for texturing.

Dont mind the floating registry details, that'll be fixed later.

Also, she has a name, let's see if anyone can guess it _without_ resorting to google :P

c5nv9hzytt9h.png
    lyt5cieev4z4.png
    blroazwep6fp.png
    Lizzy777ashleytingerMcC
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    The name. Hmm. Is it the....NIRANDA?
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Yea i vote NIRANDA aswell
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Going with Niranda? If you are referring to the battle where the Enterprise-C was destroyed, it was Narendra (III)
  • new_purplenew_purple112 Posts: 62Member
    Looking good! I agree with having the more traditional Excelsior/Constitution style shield lines instead of what we saw one screen, for sure. Planning the same for my Ambassador.

What are you thinking for shield lines on the secondary hull? I don't like the painted-on look for all the canon stuff...I'm putting down a more regular grid pattern.
    count23
    @darkthunder I know the battle of Narendra III, the ship is not named the battle, but for something any aussie kid who grew up in the 90s should get ;)

@new_purple Thanks, yea, definitely looks nicer, i am considering using the original grid pattern for defining the aztecing when it comes to texture time, but time for that later.

For the secondary hull, hard to say, i dont see any _major_ issues with the shield lines in the front half of the cylinder, but i do not like how they abruptly end near the wings or the random pencil scratchings on the pylons themselves. So i may borrow inspiration from the Galaxy class to get that part done a bit neater.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Though I am not Australian, I figured out the name Niranda correlation. It was a fictional town called Port Niranda for an aussie tv series called Round The Twist.
    count23