Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited January 2021 #3122
    Added some more details to the walls, and finished up the remaining LCARS. I modified the MSD from the bridge of the Yeager so that it fits with this console style and added it here, as it was more fitting on engineering than just another generic LCARS screen.

Also, I added just a few more labels on the warp core. I experimented with a lot of different variants (more stripes, more cuts, more paneling) but in the end adding more stuff seemed to ruin the look for me, so I'm leaning on leaving the core as it is now, even though I feel it's a bit bare. I'll tinker with it a bit more tomorrow, maybe I'll get an 'eureka' moment.

tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1612006845
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    JMP11raztovashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmiralCaptain SereksolaremesChiefBrex
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert That’s a beautiful warp core, Star Trek doesn’t make them like they used to onscreen... Personally, I might have lowered the core for a more USS Defiant look due to the size of the ship. Have you thought about replacing the silver belt running around the core’s center for more of a Voyager look seeing the matter/antimatter reaction?
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Looks great.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I like that kind of sleek look. It makes it look more advanced along with compact.
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Please forgive my crude mutilation of your art, but this is what I was referring to, when I said the warp core enclosure... I think this area is too bare, and might benefit from some panel detailing like so...

h6cm5sl7hb85.jpeg
    RekkertCaptain Serek
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @BolianAdmiral - look how thin the enclosure is. I don't think those would work too well.
    Rekkert
    edited January 2021 #3128
    @JMP11: Yeah, that's also a good idea to have the "half core" look of the Defiant, though personally I always preferred to have the core be clearly it's own thing instead of being attached to the floor that way. As for the middle part being see-through, that was how it was at the very start, and I didn't like it lol. IDK, there's something about the simplicity of the silver light that just works for me in such a small core.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@ashleytinger: That's a good point actually! At this stage in the late 24th Century and for such a small craft, engineers could probably design a core with their eyes closed.

@BolianAdmiral: Ahh! Yeah I see what you mean, but I wanted to keep the look of the Enterprise-E enclosure which is almost entirely smooth as well, though I guess it's less noticeable on that bigger room. :)

Completely random side note, but yesterday I noticed the core enclosure looks like a larger version of Odo's bucket, and now I can't unsee that. :joy: If the core is removed I guess it would make for a nice hot tub. :sunglasses:
    odos-home.jpg

Okey, here's the finished room! I added a few more bits to the core, most noticeable small railings all around just to break up all the horizontal lines. I also did a few more tweaks to the light and LCARS, but nothing major from what was there before, just final adjustments. Hope you like it!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1612065604
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1612065614
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1612065623
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1612065631
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1612065639
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1612065647
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-yeager-engineering-cutaway.jpg?1612065656
    ashleytingermdtaBolianAdmiralraztovCaptain SerekLizzy777TenaciousMCLeoBerlinsolaremesWarp Propulsion Laboratoryand 2 others.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Turned out great. Love it!
    Rekkert
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Very elegant, love the Ent E colour scheme. Feels powerful and important, despite the diminutive room size.
    Rekkert
    Very nice.
    Rekkert
    Excellent work as usual.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    Since u have done so many Galaxy Class bridges, one u haven't really done the the Enterprise-D Generations bridge

Great work on the saber engineering
    Rekkert
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Or a Voyager bridge
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    As with all your work, I really like this engine room set. I think that this is a unique engineering 'set' in that it is only single story. All the other onscreen engine rooms that we saw, as far as I recall, were two levels+.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @richiewilch - the Equinox's engineering was only one deck tall at least from what we saw of it in the Voyager two-parter. The same might be said about the Pegasus from TNG's "The Pegasus."
    Rekkert
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    @richiewilch - the Equinox's engineering was only one deck tall at least from what we saw of it in the Voyager two-parter. The same might be said about the Pegasus from TNG's "The Pegasus."

Ha, whoops. Definitely got that wrong. Your most certainly right. Forgot about both of those.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    As usual my friend...excellent work!!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you all liked how this one turned out!

@admiral horton: Yes, there are several Ent-D bridges I haven't done yet. The Generations one is the most complex not only for the new bits but also because we barely saw it in the film, so there aren't good angles for several of the changes.

@richiewilch: To add to what Rusty said, I based part of that room (the placement of the MSD on one of the seated consoles) on the similarly placed MSD on the Equinox engineering set. Also, the Hathaway comes to mind with a small, one-deck tall engine room.

After finishing the Yeager engineering, I wanted to test out a little video of the warp core animation. After some tries, I went for something easier first, so I did a little test flyby with the bridge of the ship instead. This is low quality 720p, but it still took a couple hours yesterday to render with the new GPU. I'd love for it to be an easier way in Blender to bake in the lighting from Cycles into Eevee and just render the result there, given how static the meshes and lighting are.
    solaremesLizzy777Captain SerekBolianAdmiralChiefBrexLeoBerlinscifieric
  • solaremessolaremes27 Posts: 22Member
    Fantastic work on the finished engineering. I just realized, that it shares the same shape then the bridge.
    I also love the animation of the bridge. Your work really comes to life!
    Rekkert
    Nice video.
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    I just wanted to chime in and say how truly amazing your work is. The Yeager Engineering turned out fantastic and I love how cramped it feels, perfect for such a small vessel.

I’m also overjoyed that you will be basing the Appalachia Engineering on my absolute favorite piece of Star Trek concept art, can’t wait for the end result!
    Rekkert
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Low-quality 720 he says......

DAYUM THAT'S sum QUALITY!
    I mean if ever ships interiors were designed, I hope they take your work as textbook ideas (with due and proper credit of course!) because wow.
    Rekkert
    @solaremes: Thanks! Not really intended for the two rooms to share the general shape, but you're right; though ironically they don't share any structural element.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@DoctorShmullus: Thank you so much! Haha, the Appalachia engineering will have to wait a bit, but I'll tackle it sooner or later. :p

@Aresius: Hahaha well the video is quite pixelated to me, certainly not on the level of some other video renders posted on the site. :)

Two different projects in this post, so make sure to scroll past the first batch of images! :)

Okey, after months of having it 99% complete but waiting for confirmation, here's the final design for the bridge of the USS Lafayette which was started back in July. Since the last time I posted about it, the ceiling was redesigned to mimic the lines of the Enterprise-D bridge, but with some elements from the Odyssey at the back.

The colors were also changed drastically, with a colder pallet all around in both the carpets and LCARS. The end result is certainly a mix of eras (which was the intention of the client, as the ship was quickly pressed back into service after being decommissioned for years).

I might do my own variation on it someday to represent the USS Kyushu, with a much older 2350's style in mind; but for now, enjoy the Lafayette bridge! I've got two more longstanding commissions moving again and nearing completion, so I sincerely hope to have more updates on that front soon!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1613689067
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1613688761
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1613688772
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1613688781
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1613688791
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1613688798
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-lafayette-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1613688808

Now onto a personal project, I started work on the USS Potemkin ready room. On TNG the idea of the ready room was to be a private "home away from home" for the Captain when they might be needed quickly on the bridge; as that their quarters were located 9 decks and half a saucer away.

Given the older frame of the Excelsior-Class, there's not much space nor need for a ready room next to the bridge, so instead it's on deck 2, directly connected to the Captain's quarters. In a sense, it is thus more of an office/study. But given that it's where the Captain would have private talks with visiting dignitaries or crew members, I chose to keep the name. It's located near the front of the deck, with a single round window looking out into space:
    tadeo-d-oria-excelsior-windows.jpg?1613692156

And here's how it looks so far. The door at the center is the entrance/exit into the corridor, while the little alcove with the replicator connects to the quarters internally. As you can see I added the same lighting fixtures that Picard's ready room had next to the replicator in a similar position here. I'm planning to add small tables at the ends of the sofa, plus a painting or map chart of some sort hanged above it. Maybe I'll have a ship model of the Potemkin itself next to the door, and some plants. Still unsure what to add on the wall where the desk is placed though, and several details such as spotlights remain to be added. What do you think so far? :)

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1613689923
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1613689933
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1613689943
    darkthunderWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralZhor2395FreakashleytingerCaptain SerekDoctorShmullusLizzy777ChiefBrexand 4 others.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Really digging the looks of the Potemkin ready room, as well as the Lafayette bridge.

Given your placement of the Ready Room, Captains Quarters and Admiral (VIP) Quarters, it makes sense to mirror the layout on the opposite side with the XO's Quarters and XO Ready Room/Office.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Love the Lafayette bridge and the Potemkin ready room is awesome. Great job my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    I'm not feeling the Lafayette bridge at all... it just looks too disjointed and like too much of a hodgepodge to me... and the ceiling just looks awkward. But that's only my opinion. I'm absolutely loving the Potemkin interiors... I like the way you seamlessly blend aspects of both TNG and VOY design with them.
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    I'm glad to see that the Lafayette is finally completed. I really like the visible corridor at the back with the integrated stations. The utilitarian feel of the bridge seems very fitting for the New Orleans Class, which I imagine to be quite a utilitarian vessel. I'm also glad to hear that these commissions are finally back on track.

The Potemkin Ready Room is also turning out fantastic already, and I like that its connected to the captain's quarters. Regarding what to add above the desk, I had two ideas. Firstly, you could add a shelf integrated into the wall much like you did with the CMO's office in the Victory Sickbay, with memorabilia stored inside. My second idea was having an LCARS terminal much like the one also used in the CMO's office of the Victory Sickbay, or perhaps more similar to the one used in Chakotay's office.

I think having a lot of plants would be quite nice and make the office feel more lived in, as I imagine its location just next to the captain's quarters would justify making it seem more like home. Maybe the captain is a botanist originally?
    Rekkert
    edited February 2021 #3149
    As a big fan of your work, and as someone that has adopted your Potemkin interiors to represent my own Excelsior-class USS Kumari, any time that you work on something for this project I'm instantly interested, and can't wait to see it's completion. I love the way this looks so far.

However, I'd always assumed that the Bridge module of the Excelsior class had more in the aft section, as both the Excelsior and Enterprise-B had doors leading out to the back. From the below layout examples, I think others have considered the same thing.

51yikwnu97ec.jpg

k05od0tyxn43.jpg

edit: I want to make it clear that these are not my works. I found them at cygnus-x1.net.

Curious as to what you would imagine might be back there instead?
    Post edited by richiewilch on
    Rekkertsolaremes
    Excellent work on both projects.
    Rekkert
    edited February 2021 #3151
    @darkthunder: Thanks! Yeah I'd imagine the XO got the room on the opposite side of the deck, with the other windows on deck 2 being for the rest of the command crew.

@Rory1707: Thanks mate!

@BolianAdmiral: Fair, I certainly have my reservations over some of the decisions on the Lafayette bridge, hence why I mentioned making my own take on it later. ;)

@DoctorShmullus: Yeah I'll probably add a shelf over the desk on the ready room, I want to avoid always resorting to framed diplomas or pictures for set dressing. And yes I do intend to have some plants in there. :)

@richiewilch: That's the way some fan made plans have shown it (as those you posted) but in reality there's no room at all for any of that inside the bridge module, it's fairly small, despite being full of windows. This is a problem of the bridge module having been redesigned for TUC, with a total disregard of the scale of the ship. Here you can see how the Potemkin bridge frame (which is of the same size as the Excelsior bridge) doesn't even fit into it.
    My own interpretation of the bridge module is that there are two turbolifts at each side of the bridge, while the aft doors connect each to a little ramp that go down into the observation lounge and then into deck 2 (just like the aft doors on the Enterprise-D bridge do the same). That way only the bridge is really on deck 1; with the obs. lounge being on deck 1.5; and the briefing room, ready room, etc. on deck 2.

@Captain Serek: Thanks! :)

Some more progress on the ready room, I've added an Excelsior model and some coffee tables at each side of the sofa, plus modified the lighting somewhat.

I've gone back and forth a few times on adding Chris Kuhn's Excelsior model in here, as I'm somewhat hesitant to add someone else's work and call it my own (though of course I do plan on crediting him on the website when I upload these, but I fear people don't see those when the images are taken out of context). At least for now, the model's there, though I've modified it to mirror the Constellation-Class model Picard had on the Enterprise-D. Originally I had it be the same size as an AMT Excelsior model would be, as that would've been what the production would've used if this were a real TNG interior, but it was just too small so I decided to increase its scale to 1.5 that of the AMT model.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-04.jpg?1613775741
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-05.jpg?1613775749
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryChiefBrexCaptain SerekBolianAdmiralLizzy777solaremesscifieric