Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCountdown5's Trek Stuff

Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
edited January 2021 in Work in Progress #1
Hey All... Been a long time. Getting back into things with my take on the type 11 Shuttle (Insurrection). Thanks for any thoughts.
efkxx1q4lssr.png
Post edited by Countdown5 on
FreakLizzy777JESHilk_v001BolianAdmiralLoophole
Tagged:

• Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    edited January 2021 #2
    2g5e4vupnasj.png

Post edited by Countdown5 on
    FreakMcCLizzy777JESBolianAdmiral
    First round of Textures...
    z18hm9hqxbah.png
    8vm9gtrqaonc.png
    FreakMcCraztovLizzy777Hilk_v001
    Roughed in some more detail. Please ignore the blue and red of the engines. I'll have to finish those in another app as this one doesn't have a good option for making semi-opaque (thin wall) materials.

mhpcad6cz6eo.jpg
    04ihklbc37sx.jpg
    FreakMcCraztovLizzy777Hilk_v001
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Welcome back. :)

If you attach an image in your first post, we'll get a thread thumbnail on the index.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Welcome back
    Really nice work with Type 11 shuttle.
    Thanks... good to be back
    Some touchups to the hull textures. Will light and paint the bussard red and warp blue parts of the nacelles next.

f415uo0vnq9t.jpg
    9wteiuracidr.jpg
    3wxjkmwv8pik.jpg
    pwt6ej0pproo.jpg
    McCLizzy777publiusrBolianAdmiralFreak
    Think I got the nacelles in the direction I wanted them. Noticed some errors afterwards in the hull texture I'll have to go back and re-edit.

s2gtgifyhabr.jpg
    17ftoynoo6t2.jpg
    Lizzy777raztovJeffrySGMcCFreak
  • raztovraztov331 Posts: 1Member
    Countdown5 wrote: »
    Think I got the nacelles in the direction I wanted them. Noticed some errors afterwards in the hull texture I'll have to go back and re-edit.

s2gtgifyhabr.jpg
    17ftoynoo6t2.jpg

beautiful model, love it but where is the impulse drive? and why is there "starship" and "u.s.s." isn't one of them redundant?
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    I think that those vents in the rear were supposed to be the Impulse drives. I'd just go for it, since you've already taken some artistic liberty with the design (I'm loving the more Type-7-eske design theme you have going on here by the way).

Also, I don't think the length of the nacelle wings are long enough. The tail end of the pylons are supposed to end near the aft phaser arrays. For that matter, the nacelles don't go back far enough either.
  • Hilk_v001Hilk_v00187 Posts: 37Member
    very nice ship,

i dont remember the shuttle very well from in the movie, but i like your version nontheless.
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    I don't see any impulse engine, where?
    So... those vent looking detail in the back is part of the door hatch component.

I don’t recall seeing the typical impulse assembly on this ship during the film. I’ll go back and check again. Either way I may add them.

As for the designation. I think there was some back and forth as to weather this was a proper shuttle or sized closer to a runabout. The latter always had its own starship designation. I think as of DS9, anything warp capable was considered a starship, even if it was used as a shuttle.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Such a great design
    Thanks!
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    awesome! thnx showing us this beauty.