Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Beautiful attention to detail my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited January 2021 #3093
    I've added a couple more trinkets and medical tools here and there, and here are the finished renders! Given the amount of rooms, there's a ton of them, so be warned. :p

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1608578099
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1608578113
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1608578123
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1608578133
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1608578142
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1608578152
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1608578163
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1608578172
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1608584805
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1608584815
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1608584824
    tadeo-d-oria-c12-01.jpg?1608584833
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-victory-sickbay-cutaway.jpg?1610483058
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerCaptain SerekWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreaksolaremesTenaciousMCscifieric
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    That sickbay looks oh so good. Love that design
    Rekkertscifieric
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Truly nice work bud. I like how the sheet on the bed in the surgical room looks a little loose, so the logo is a bit wavy, like someone hasn't made it up properly.
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Fantastic job as expected,
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    Beautiful sickbay my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Hope you all had a good start to 2021! Took some time off the forums as I've been mostly working on some non-Trek NDA'd stuff, but there's still some progress and work to share here.

First thing, I was able to buy a new graphics card this last week, an RTX-3070, which is a huge upgrade over my old 1070. High quality renders which used to take me 45 minutes are now done in 5'. It's great to be able to finish a project and not dread spending hours rendering, now it just takes less than one to do the whole bunch.

In order to put the new card through its paces I've revisited some of my older personal projects to bring them up to date with my current workflow. In particular, the Enterprise-D 2364 bridge, the Parallels bridge and the Potemkin engineering. This now means that both all the Potemkin interiors and all the Enterprise-D bridges are up to date with my newer materials, lighting setups, etc. And to boot this all took less than a couple of hours to render and upload again, so it was fun to do, which isn't a word I used to use for the rendering process.

Other than that, work continues on several commissions, and earlier this month I finished a somewhat quick redress of the Swiftsure bridge: the bridge for the Pathfinder-Class USS Dunnottar, a big tactical command cruiser based on an STO design.

The most unique features of this bridge are both on the back area: a big glass panel with a star chart takes the place in-between the aft light columns, with the steps going down to the aft section moved to the sides. And at the aft end of the bridge, the MSD is replaced with a Jefferies access and some engineering conduits. Also, the command chairs are now raised a level in relation with the front consoles. Other than that, the bridge takes its color cues from the Lexington-B, with some Voyager and Ross mixed in for the doors and consoles.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1610483042
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1610483060
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1610483070
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1610483080
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1610483090
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1610483100
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1610483110
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1610483119
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-dunnottar-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1610483130
    BolianAdmiralraztovFreaklennier1MadKoiFishLizzy777solaremesTenaciousMCCaptain Serekscifieric
    I've been talking to Bernd and we updated the Evolution of the Enterprise-D bridge article on EAS to include a little addendum with the USS Yamato bridge redress, plus the cutaway from the 3D model of said bridge.

This made me realize that now I can easily do the 'Parallels v1' alternate Enterprise-D bridge. It's just made from parts I already had, and while before it would've taken me a whole day to render it, now it takes less than an hour to do so. This new card is shockingly fast, I'm glad I took the chance and bought it, even though it was very expensive for my budget. It's my first GPU upgrade in 5-ish years, and I hope it lasts me that long as well.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's the bridge. This was only seen in a 2 minutes scene during the episode, and it's clearly not as well thought out as the much more prominent 'v2 bridge' seen later in the episode.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1610666320
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1610666961
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1610667137
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1610667523
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1610667952
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-enterprise-d-bridge-parallels-v1-cutaway.jpg?1610666414
    ashleytingerlennier1BolianAdmiralraztovLizzy777FreaksolaremesTenaciousMCCaptain SerekJeffrySGand 2 others.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    I actually pictured the bridge having the other side equipment bay panels, the ones seen on the v2 bridge.
    Rekkert
    Yeah, I tried it with both versions, but keeping the standard version works best IMO. Not only does it look better to me, it also means that it fits in with the described changes to each bridge version on the EAS article. Otherwise this bridge has the new red side panels, yet when you read the appropriate section, they are not there until the second version of the bridge.
  • solaremessolaremes27 Posts: 22Member
    Very nice work on both new bridges and of course a very interesting article on EAS.
    Maybe you'll find the time to create the other variants of the Enterprise-D bridge as well ;-)
    Looking forward to your next project, whatever it may be!
    Rekkert
  • TenaciousMCTenaciousMC4 Posts: 3New Member
    Great work on all your ships, especially the Dunnottar. I feel like it and/or the Ross are what the Enterprise-E bridge should've looked like, especially with the Helm and Ops consoles.
    Rekkert
    edited January 2021 #3104
    Excellent work on both bridges, nice seeing canon ones again, does that mean a Future Imperfect, All Good Things and a Yesterday's Enterprise on the future? Happy New Year.
    Post edited by Captain Serek on
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    edited January 2021 #3105
    @solaremes: Thanks!

@TenaciousMC: Thank you! Yeah I kinda designed the Ross bridge for what the Enterprise-E bridge "should" have been, IMO it's much more fitting from what came before.

@Captain Serek: Thanks! The AGT bridge might be coming, I have a version of it halfway done.

Continues to be a slow month as several of the 2020 commissions are still stopped or on hold for one reason or another, and those that are progressing are slow as emails get "lost" or aren't replied for a while, taking any momentum I had out of me while waiting for replies. Honestly I'm at a point where I'm considering stopping commission work for a while (and refunding if needed). It's not ideal as I'm currently maintaining both myself and my partner, but the non-Trek 3D work I have would be enough for some time. I'm getting super tired and stressed out with all these issues, and I know it's not fair for me to complain about how hard 2020 was given how much worse it was for other people, but I'm at a point where something has to change.

So after a while I decided to go back to doing fun stuff for the sake of it, and started another personal project: the small engineering for the Saber-Class USS Yeager. Obviously based on the Enterprise-E engineering set but in a far smaller size. The work alcoves are obvious reuses from the Swiftsure bridge (with the LCARS still showing the Sovereign shape and the wrong colors), while the warp core is a mix of some unused Voyager concept art and the Enterprise-E core.

Given that the Saber-Class has the nacelles connected at the front of the saucer, the room is actually flipped 180º from the standard Starfleet engine room, with the door looking at the back of the ship and the warp plasma conduits going forward from the warp core. I intend to have some Jefferies tube access panels behind the core, and maybe some smaller doors at the sides. I considered having a pool table but it just wouldn't fit, and I wanted to keep the claustrophobic look given how tiny the Saber is. The light levels will increase though, I have yet to add the main ceiling lights.

I don't know if I'll tackle it immediately after this one, but I plan on reusing the central part of the warp core for the USS Appalachia engineering, which I plan to heavily base on this Voyager concept piece. I also have some more rooms for the Victory and Potemkin at various stages of development. For the time being, these four starships will be my main personal project "fleet", showcasing 4 distinct styles and eras of Trek interior design.

tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1611793160
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1611793151
    BolianAdmiralashleytingersolaremesscifieric
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice job. Like I said, I have a couple projects for you, if you want them, and the payment ready for them, since others don’t seem to be panning out.
    Rekkert
    Beautifully designed. I emailed you a description of the conference room and ready room we discussed but never got a reply so I figured you were taking a break. I will resend the email if you want. As always, love your work! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Very interesting engine room concept. The design goes very well with the small ship and your previously designed bridge.

It's a shame that you have such problems with your clients. One might think that if someone asked you to do a commission, the customer should have an interest in the completion.

Have you ever thought about crowdfunding to finance your work? Here in the forum there are a lot of fans of your work and I could imagine that some would be willing to sponsor your projects proportionately (me inclusive). It's just an idea but you could offer some project plans on your website (e.g. Canon bridges or Canon-near bridges like the Titan) and indicate a price per project. Then your fans or clients could donate to a specific project and as soon as the target amount is reached, you implement the project. In this way, you would be paid before starting to work. By doing this, you would have more freedom, since you describe the project before the donation and you don't have to wait for a response from your customers with every small change. It's just an idea, but especially for canon bridges, there seems to be a great demand here in the forum.
    Rekkert
    @BolianAdmiral and @Rory1707: Indeed, I know that both of you (as well as other forum members) are ready and able to start new commissions, but I currently have six in-progress ones (on top of the non-Trek stuff and the gaming work). One way or another I need to start closing them before taking new ones in, otherwise I'd just go crazy.

@solaremes: Oh I don't for a second believe that clients don't care or have no interest in the commissions, simply that given the state of the world they have more important things preoccupying their time (and wallets).

As for what you propose with crowdfunding, I know that other modelers are on Patreon or similar sites and I did consider it, though I'm hesitant to do any paradigm change of that magnitude. Particularly as after the Stage 9 C&D I wanted to lay low, as it were. Publicly promoting my crowdfunding stuff on social media when most of my work is Trek related could be just asking for trouble given past experiences; but then again I don't know for certain, and maybe it's a possibility I should look into in more detail. Still, just as with new commissions, that'd have to wait until I am able to properly finish at least some of what's already in progress.

More work on the Yeager engineering. I think I finished the warp core with the added labeling, greebles, and details around the warp plasma conduits. Behind the core I added five cylindrical "things" (pipes? storage tanks?) based on the similar looking ones from the Enterprise-E engineering, these are the same circumference but obviously a lot shorter in height given the smaller room. There's also two new small doors at each side of the room, I imagine these go to small equipment storage rooms with Jefferies tubes access.

The railing around the core is also further developed, with a cylindrical handrail now in place that connects to the walls perpendicularly to the plasma conduits, preventing people from accessing the back end of the room (similar to how the handrails were placed around the Enterprise-D warp core). Finally for now, I made a cutout on the ceiling in order to open up the room somewhat and provide further illumination. A lot more lights still to come though.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1611833005
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1611832288
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1611832298
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralLizzy777raztovsolaremesZhor2395scifieric
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Loving the engineering room, especially the warp core. I hear you on the burnout thing. Paradoxically I find that working on my own stuff recharges me when client demands become too much. Give yourself a well-deserved break!
    Rekkertscifieric
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift

@Rekkert: I totally understand. Just contact me when you’re ready to start. Thanks! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Oh, I’m so into this engine room!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Excellent work as expected.
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Impressive work as always. Love the look and feel of this engine room. Suitable for smaller ships, not just Saber classes. I'd imagine something similar on a Steamrunner or Norway class.

One suggestion I have, is maybe adding a "Warp diagnostic assembly" or two to the handrail around the core, similar to the one
    seen in Voyager? (from episode 'Concerning Flight' in Voyager's 4th season)

ul61jxa9e6gu.png
    Rekkertscifieric
    Glad you're all liking this little set!

@darkthunder: I think it's a bit too small for a Steamrunner or Norway, but it could work great for a newer Defiant-Class or Nova-Class ship IMO (redressed, of course). Thanks for the suggestion, indeed I was planning to add a small console like that instead of the bigger 'pool table' of other ships, and I have done just that today. :)

I've added a small LCARS panel next to the warp core. The display itself is lifted from the station behind the Captain's chair on the Thunderchild bridge, but I curved it to follow the shape of the handrail, and the enclosure is brand new and based on the Engineering consoles from First Contact.

I've also added more lights and details around the warp core, and changed the design of the core itself slightly.

I still have to change all the LCARS to the proper colors and displays; add more details (pipes, isolinear panels, etc.) to the walls around where the warp plasma conduits are connected; and add more lights. But other than those items (and more small details, of course) I think it's mostly there. Any suggestions or stuff I'm missing?

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1611883407
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1611883428
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1611883417
    solaremesCaptain SerekLizzy777darkthunderLeoBerlinscifieric
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    edited January 2021 #3116
    Man, I gotta start work on designing the Frontier’s Engineering, lol. I like that you use the 1701-E warp core, but seeing it in such a smaller space kinda looks strange to me, lol. It’s like the 1701-E’s core was plopped into the Defiant, lol. I love the colors you used for the interior and the lighting. I might suggest adding some thin panel line graphics to the outside and inside of that enclosure for the warp core... it looks a tad bare now.
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    Rekkert
    Great progress with this little engineering room - I really like it!

I have another idea: In many warb core designs, especially including the Voyager core, I miss the opening hatch for the dilithium crystal chamber. In your design it is a continuous shiny bar (which is looking cool) without an opening. Maybe you can add a hatch in the center of the Core?
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Particularly as after the Stage 9 C&D I wanted to lay low, as it were. Publicly promoting my crowdfunding stuff on social media when most of my work is Trek related could be just asking for trouble given past experiences; but then again I don't know for certain, and maybe it's a possibility I should look into in more detail. Still, just as with new commissions, that'd have to wait until I am able to properly finish at least some of what's already in progress.

Thats a good point, I understand your concerns. It was just an idea ;-)
    Rekkert
    edited January 2021 #3118
    @BolianAdmiral: Haha, that would be fun! As for the warp core, while the overall styling is based on the Ent-E, the design itself is totally new, somewhat based on that Voyager concept I posted previously. Also it's a lot smaller than the Enterprise core, it's just that having it placed so elevated from the deck makes it look more imposing in the room. Here's a quick comparison I did with the Potemkin warp core, which looks absolutely massive next to this one yet is still a bit thinner than the Enterprise-D core. Also, I agree with you regarding the central part of the core being too bare right now.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-01-29-07-12-07.jpg?1611916411
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2021-01-29-07-12-00.jpg?1611916405

@solaremes: Thanks! I tried a few things already regarding a little hatch for the core, as I also miss those when they aren't present; but in the end the clean aesthetic of the uninterrupted shiny bar just looked better to me. :p

I wasn't feeling those lights I added yesterday, so I replaced them with random paneling. I modified the remaining light sources though, so that less light is coming from below the core and more coming from on top. Also I started changing the LCARS to the FC colors.

As you can see if you compare this render with the one on the previous post from the same camera angle, the lighting is now more uniform, with the top and bottom halves of the core about equally lit. The floor and the details behind the core are far more readable now.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-04.jpg?1611916352
    Captain SerekLizzy777darkthunderBolianAdmiralscifieric
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Looking good so far. My only question/comment would be, how do they reach the dilithium housing in the reaction chamber?
    This is my biggest issue with the Enterprise-E's warpcore, the housing is 2 storeys up and no way of reaching it.

Also great work on the Enterprise-D Parallels v1 bridge. I followed the link and had no idea the bridge changed so much during the run of TNG.
    darkthunderRekkert
    Nice progress.
    Rekkert
    edited January 2021 #3121
    @hal: There's a ladder stored on one of the side doors. :p
    Joking aside, I imagine they do use some sort of anti-grav platform in order to access the housing. While this might make operation a bit harder, it's not something that needs regular doing, and this way it stops people (random kids, Scotty, etc.) opening the dilithium chamber willy-nilly.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

Started adding more details behind the core, including some black labeling and random pipes. Plus some LCARS which are lifted directly from the FC engine room, and spotlights added around the core. I think the lighting is done now, sans small tweaks.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1611971177
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1611971187
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerZhor2395Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Freakscifieric